What music have you been listening to lately?

BengalszoneBilly

I picked up the new Montgomery Gentry CD yesterday. Not as good as their last few releases, but still good. I've sort have been in a country frame of mind lately. Why, I dunno.

The Rolling Stones are playing tonight in Phoenix, with Alice Cooper opening for them. Wish I could catch that one, but the tickets are STEEP!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very wide variety of music I like. For the past week or so, I've been listening to the Led Zeppelin Tangerine CD over and over.

Now, Im not a fan of rap at all, but I love Outkast. The week before Zeppelin, i listened to thier newest CD for about two weeks(which, except for a few songs, sucks).

I mostly listen to classic rock, but I like many types of music.

My Mp3 player has about 1,300 songs on it so I have quite the variety of 80's, 90's and today's songs, but my most played is "East Bound and Down" from Smokey and the Bandit.

There is no greater song to listen to while doing 90 mph down the interstate...

I picked up the new Montgomery Gentry CD yesterday. Not as good as their last few releases, but still good. I've sort have been in a country frame of mind lately. Why, I dunno.

The Rolling Stones are playing tonight in Phoenix, with Alice Cooper opening for them. Wish I could catch that one, but the tickets are STEEP!

A few saturdays ago I was eatting at the glendale, KY petro truck stop and I look over in th corner and freaking ALICE COOPER is in there with is small group eating. WOW I bout flipped!!!!! He got up walked around the travel store , no one messed with him it was cool!!!!!! :sure:

The biggest of the little Scottishes is well into Metallica and Tool, he's recently back from seeing Slayer on the Unholy Alliance tour (he's raving about Llama God) - I find all that stuff crap.

The crap I'm burning my ears with at the moment - Motorhead (Overkill), Abrasive Wheels (Abrasive Wheels), REM (Chronic Town), Surfin' Turnips (Surfin' Turnips). There - that'll learn 'e.

There is no greater song to listen to while doing 90 mph down the interstate...

Sure there is..."I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar! B)

Well, technically doing anything over 55 would classify that as a great song to listen to. Right?

NOFX - Punk in Drublic - a classic album. :sure:

• 2 weeks later...

OD'ing on Queensryche today. Saw them last night -- they're on tour doing all their Operation: Mindcrime stuff (parts I and the newly released II). Plus they gave us "Empire" and "Jet City Woman" for the encore. :sure:

They were f*cking awesome. Didn't hurt I was 5 rows back from the stage. They're playing in Covington tonight...if anyone has tix you are in for a great show!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On a holiday note, if you're looking for the perfect gift for the over-the-hill metalhead in your life (and believe me I know over-the-hill metalheads because I shave one in the mirror every day, and no, I'm not trolling for gifts, I already bought it) you could do worse than A Twisted Christmas.

Yes, in a self-admitted attempt to kill the band so he doesn't have to tour any more, Dee Snyder and Twisted Sister have crapped out a Christmas album. The only problem is that it actually rocks. I don't know what rock they found her under, but they unearthed Lita Ford (best known for her hit, "Kiss Me Deadly") to team with Dee for a reimagined-as-an-80s-power-ballad "I'll Be Home for Christmas" that will have you scrambling for a lighter to hold up and sway with. The band takes their classic hit "We're Not Gonna Take It" and mainlines it into "O Come All Ye Faithful." I would make my first visit to Xmas mass in 20+ years to hear that in church. But for my money the best tune is the opener, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." From the lame, predictable, totally '80s intro bit, to the head-banging metal midsection, to the final third where Joey Ramone's dead corpse claws its way out of the ground, kicks Dee's ass, and shoves Santa right in your face...well, ya just can't beat it.

Anyhow, FWIW. Merry Xmas and all that crap! :lol:

I'm still heavily into a blues kick that has me reaching for CD's recorded by long dead Delta bluesman or a bunch of new groups I'm guessing nobody has heard of.

And speaking of the latter, has anyone heard of the Scotty Bratcher Band? They're supposed to be a very good but still unsigned blues group that routinely plays in Cincy, Columbus, and Hamilton. Has anyone here caught their act?

I'm still heavily into a blues kick that has me reaching for CD's recorded by long dead Delta bluesman or a bunch of new groups I'm guessing nobody has heard of.

And speaking of the latter, has anyone heard of the Scotty Bratcher Band? They're supposed to be a very good but still unsigned blues group that routinely plays in Cincy, Columbus, and Hamilton. Has anyone here caught their act?

Never heard of them, but i don't mind some blues every now and again. lately I've been listening to "The Commitments" soundtrack. Good movie, great soundtrack :sure:

• 3 weeks later...

Recently got the new Incubus cd Light Grenades, and Papa Roach's new one the Paramour Sessions both are really good.

• 4 weeks later...

Rodrigo y Gabriella

Two Mexican guitarists leave behind their heavy metal pasts...as well as a drummer and a bass player...to make a groundbreaking blend of music that lifts from jazz, rock, and other styles. It defies all attempts to label it, although for the sake of convenience I've started calling it..."A Kill Stick"...since that's how it sounded to me when crazy Gabriella pronounced the word acoustic.

There are seven tasty originals, all instrumentals, but the true standouts that brought attention to the pair are cover versions of Led Zep's horrifically bloated 70's classic Stairway to Heaven, and Metalica's mucho moody Orion.

Muy bueno. :blue_bandana: