Van Halen has reunited!

Eddie Van Halen and Sammy Hagar have set aside their differences, and decided to set up a tour for 2004!! I've seen this group in concert twice, and both shows kicked ass!! When they come here to Phoenix in August 5th, I will again be in attendance. Thank God Rock and Roll lives on! B)

One more Britney Spears/ Jessica Simpson/Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson/Spice Girls/Boys (who make love) to Men/ Backdoor Boys etc, etc, etc...concert tours by these non instrument playing, karaoke wannabes...well I was going to PUKE!!

Talent is finally BACK on the map! :D

I guess the geriatrics need to fund their retirement. I hope the tour beats the pants off of what the Who did. Is David lee roth going to tour with them?

How much are tickets going for?

David Lee Roth!?! Don't you mean "Skelator"? Ha! Hell no! It's with Sammy Hagar. They saw the tour with Sammy and Dave doin' their respective Van Halen songs, and they made the logical choice my friend. Roth will NEVER be part of their band again!

Check out Van Halen.com for dates and pricing. B)

And they're NOT old...just older and aged like a fine wine that kicks ass!! :D

One more Britney Spears/ Jessica Simpson/Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson/Spice Girls/Boys (who make love) to Men/ Backdoor Boys etc, etc, etc

I suppose you guys run more along these lines then! :lol:

No, I don't like Van Halen because of Eddie's constant guitar solos. They get boring and stupid, he sometimes doesn't play to the tune of the song.

I'll stick with my trusty 'tallica boys :D

I'll stick with my trusty 'tallica boys :D

I like Mettallica too, just not as much. Especially when they go and cover old Bob Seger tunes like "Turn The Page". Eww! That just don't go together!

My love for Van Halen stems from seeing them live in their last concert tour before they broke up. Over three solid hours of not stop Rock-N-Roll that kicked ass! With Eddie jumping back and forth from keyboards to guitar in the same song was something to behold! :D

I used to love listening to Van Halen. I don't much care for Hagar in the group though. I'd go to their concert if Roth was the front man.

Now I prefer music to be a little heavier. As in Metallica, Nickelback, and stuff like that.

I used to love listening to Van Halen. I don't much care for Hagar in the group though. I'd go to their concert if Roth was the front man.

Now I prefer music to be a little heavier. As in Metallica, Nickelback, and stuff like that.

Yea, Terry and I are on the same page.

Anyone Pantera, Slayer, or Korn?

Pantera...hell yeah. Slayer and Korn are just a little to angry at the world for me, but I'm aware of their music. Kinda' like "Rage Against The Machine". You guy's gotta remember I was born in '58! I do keep up with new music as much as I can because I DO NOT want to become my dad in that regard. I remember him screaming at me in '73 for having "The Who's We Won't Get Fooled Again" turned up too loud in my room!

For people my age to tune out todays new music is paramount to putting on a pair of "Depends" 30 years too soon! (Now when I say "music", I mean that in by groups that play instruments and sing at the same time, otherwise you are just a choreographed act that belongs in a 'Vegas lounge!) I'm not saying you're gonna find me in your nearest mosh pit, but I will not get stuck in the musical rut of so many that preceded me.

I know too many people my age that listen to nothing but what THEY grew up with, and it's sickening. If I never hear "Free Bird" or "Stairway to Heaven" one more time, that'll be just fine with me. Been there...done that!! It seems that once they graduated high school/college, their edge for music was forever dulled! So sad.

I like variety. I LOVE Willy Nelson, Creed, Norah Jones, Bare Naked Ladies, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Van Halen with Sammy Hagar...not that a**h*** Roth, Radiohead, Nickleback, Coldplay, Montgomery Gentry...you get my drift. If your not expanding your musical horizons as you grow older, I feel your youthful spirit has died within you, and I myself, could not live with that. B)

Pantera...hell yeah. Slayer and Korn are just a little to angry at the world for me, but I'm aware of their music. Kinda' like "Rage Against The Machine". You guy's gotta remember I was born in '58! I do keep up with new music as much as I can because I DO NOT want to become my dad in that regard. I remember him screaming at me in '73 for having "The Who's We Won't Get Fooled Again" turned up too loud in my room!

For people my age to tune out todays new music is paramount to putting on a pair of "Depends" 30 years too soon! (Now when I say "music", I mean that in by groups that play instruments and sing at the same time, otherwise you are just a choreographed act that belongs in a 'Vegas lounge!) I'm not saying you're gonna find me in your nearest mosh pit, but I will not get stuck in the musical rut of so many that preceded me.

I know too many people my age that listen to nothing but what THEY grew up with, and it's sickening. If I never hear "Free Bird" or "Stairway to Heaven" one more time, that'll be just fine with me. Been there...done that!! It seems that once they graduated high school/college, their edge for music was forever dulled! So sad.

I like variety. I LOVE Willy Nelson, Creed, Norah Jones, Bare Naked Ladies, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Van Halen with Sammy Hagar...not that a**h*** Roth, Radiohead, Nickleback, Coldplay, Montgomery Gentry...you get my drift. If your not expanding your musical horizons as you grow older, I feel your youthful spirit has died within you, and I myself, could not live with that. B)

You pretty much summed it up. I have to agree with all of it.

Ted Nugent is the only guy who can play a solo. Does anyone remember what a solo is?

Puh-Leeze! As much as I love "Wand-Dang Sweet Poontang", Ted can't carry Eddies Wah-Wah pedal as far as solo's go!

Sorry, I still have to go with Hendrix for solos. That man could (A) play to the sound of his guitar to what he was feeling at that exact moment and (B) could play anything he damned well wanted.

Secondly, I have to go with Page.

I'd have to put Nuge in the bottom 5 of my top 10, if that. Eddie Van Halen, I'll put him on my top 10, but also on the bottom 5. I've always had problems with some of his solos never cooresponding to the songs.

But I must admit, after Hagar took over, I started liking them...

• 11 months later...