Ocho-Cinco vs. Ron Mexico

BZBot

Great read BeeZee!

Interesting that as I was reading the article it occurred to me that Pitt can't win shootouts. Couldn't beat Cincy last year, couldn't beat Atl this year. (Wasn't the score vs Atl identical? I'll have to look that up...)

So now would be a very good time to reveal the whereabouts of that explosive Cincy offense that has been incognito so far this season.

...Results of Pitt Cincy last year: 38-31, my how my memory is fading. But I digress.

I watched the replay of the Carolina game last night on NFL Network. The offense I saw bears a close resemblance to those folks of last year. Rusty? Yes. But certainly coming out of their shell. Methinks this bodes ill for the Falcons coming into PBS this Sunday, especially with the reemergence of our ATTITUDE!

(Ocho Cinco!) BTW, Ocho Cinco has been Ocho Cinco now for awhile. The NFL Network spot that has the Bengals Cam flying around saying "Where You At 85?" has several "Ocho Cincos" intermixed in the background.

Who Dey!

:bengal:

Well, the Steelers don't win shootouts because our style is defense and running, with passing as a secondary thing. So if our gameplan is working, the game won't be a shootout. But if it is a shootout, that means our gameplan isn't working, and when your gameplan isn't working, usually you're not going to win.

BTW, I loved in the interview they showed on ESPN, how "Ocho Cinco" was like, "Hey TJ, you want to get fined this week? Come on, I'll pay it." :lmao: Stuff like that is the reason I just can't hate Chad, because he's just too damn funny.

Great read BeeZee!

Interesting that as I was reading the article it occurred to me that Pitt can't win shootouts. Couldn't beat Cincy last year, couldn't beat Atl this year. (Wasn't the score vs Atl identical? I'll have to look that up...)

Yeah... I know I've posted this stat before, but I just love it so much that I have to keep posting it.

In games where Ben has to throw the ball 25 times or less, he is 20 - 1. That is better than a 95% winning percentage. However, in games where he has to throw the ball more than 25 times, he is 4 - 6... a mere 40% winning percentage. (By the way... He is 0-4 in games where he's thrown more than 30 times)

And yet... we're made to believe that he is the key to the Steelers run. Interesting. He's just not a guy that I would want to rest my hopes on to go out and win a game... especially a shoot-out.

- P.S. Carson Palmer has started in 35 career games, and has thrown for more than 25 passes in 29 of them (83%).

Ben has started 31 career games, and has thrown 25 or more passes in 10 of them (32%).

It seems clear to me which QB is shouldering more responsibility for his teams winning percentage.

Wait... I'm sorry, that isn't what this thread is about is it.

Um... the Bengals will win a shoot-out with the Falcons. Who Dey?!!