The Call

BZBot

Bob Bratkowski dials one up on fourth and one that may be remembered in Bengals lore as simply, “The Call.”

Source: http://www.bengalszone.com/article.php?sid=473

Not where I expected this thread to go...

In my mind "The Call" is the horrible officiating call in TB that is the only thing between us and being 5-1 in spite of everything!

I was reminded of a similar play that Ohio State pulled off against Purdue (Kresser to Jenkins) on their way to a National Championship. In both cases I was like 'what the he!! are you.....YEAH!'. That was one shady play, but give it up to the Brat. and the boys for having some grapes.

I can not emphasize just how huge that win was for the Cats. I admit that I did not give them much of a chance, but every card in the deck was stacked against them. Some observations:

* Steiny will not be back, because Whitworth will start somewhere. I like Levi, but Whitworth may be a better LT.

* Simmons has lost his MLB spot. Can you say Wally Pip? Oh yeah, see ya be ya Odell.

* I did see James one-on-one with Smith and my dog is recovering nicely thank you.

Not where I expected this thread to go...

In my mind "The Call" is the horrible officiating call in TB that is the only thing between us and being 5-1 in spite of everything!

Agreed. I read the thread title and immediately assumed that we'd be discussing the Justin Smith sack/blown call that robbed the Bengals of a game, a 5-1 record, and sole possession of 1st place in the division race.

As for the latest version of plays that can be called "The Call", this one seems to have had a profound impact on the Bengals offensive psyche and confidence, and for that I'm thrilled. That said, K2's endzone interception was the defining play in the game, and it can be argued that the Bengals 4-2 record is largely the result of three winning defensive efforts.

A ballsy call by the Brat that sparked an argument with me and a buddy. He was saying it was a stupid call and I said that it might have just won the game. Of course no one knows what the outcome would have been if they tried to run it...I think it was a good call at the right time but if they don't get it the Brat would have been roasted by Bengals fans.

Keep em guessin' Brat!!! ;)