Bengals-Panthers Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been some weird looks on D by the Bengals this game but some has worked. Don't like dropping Jumpy or Thornton back too much into coverage like they've done a few times now but that last overload blitz w/ Madieu off the edge forcing the FB to pick him up and Brooks twisting around the same side from the middle to cut into the gap untouched force Jake to pretty much just fall down.

Carson's got to make something happen.

Been some weird looks on D by the Bengals this game but some has worked. Don't like dropping Jumpy or Thornton back too much into coverage like they've done a few times now but that last overload blitz w/ Madieu off the edge forcing the FB to pick him up and Brooks twisting around the same side from the middle to cut into the gap untouched force Jake to pretty much just fall down.

Carson's got to make something happen.

they aren't giving him a chance to make anything happen.

I hate that we have to blitz just to get pressure.

:o Steve Smith to the locker room

I hate it that Marvin has 100% completely failed at improving this defense.

Get out of here troll. Do you remember our 2-14 season at all? Our defense is snake-bittenm is still being built, and still manage to be the best in the league at getting turnovers.

Still being built? After 4 years? :lol:

I love it how delusional fans are when it comes to Marvin. he's had 4 drafts - he's drafted criminals and stiffs and sucky players.

And yet fans continue to blame "injuries"

Now I blame whoever's drafting (Mikey? Marvin?) for a lot, but he (they?) also drafted Steinbach and Palmer under Marvin's tenure. There's that. Can't hate on them for the Pollack or Joseph picks either.

And which has hurt the team more - Odell and Henry getting stupid, or Dexter, Jeanty, Simmons, Pollack, Levi, Braham, Chatman, Tab, TJ, Perry, etc, etc, getting hurt?

I mean, come on. When you have had at least 10 starters so far missing time from injury, that's a problem. A much bigger problem than the character issues.

I hate that we have to blitz just to get pressure.

:o Steve Smith to the locker room

I hate it that Marvin has 100% completely failed at improving this defense.

Get out of here troll. Do you remember our 2-14 season at all? Our defense is snake-bittenm is still being built, and still manage to be the best in the league at getting turnovers.

Still being built? After 4 years? :lol:

I love it how delusional fans are when it comes to Marvin. he's had 4 drafts - he's drafted criminals and stiffs and sucky players.

And yet fans continue to blame "injuries"

Yes, I do continue to blame injuries. Have you taken a look at our injury report every single week compared to that of the teams we are playing against. That doesn't even include the guy's we have put on IR. We are in much worse shape than most other teams... and our defense is outplaying the offense right now, so I dont't want to hear it.

Marvin has had 4 drafts... but last year's draft is almost completely gone, the first draft was almost completely offense, and this year's draft are all rookies. Call me delusional if you want... but those are the facts.