Offensive Cordinator???? Bratkowski

greames

Yeah your right!...same results.5 minutes is alot of time left in a game.Why be soooo conservative?

I wonder if that is Brat's calling or Marvin's doing? I could see them doing that if we were under

the 2 minute warning,because Tampa only had 1 timeout left.But come on...Rudi didn't have much

running room today,we all saw that.They were just waiting on him at the line of scrimage.Call a play

they were not expecting.

for whatever reasons if this team does not make the playoffs we need to do some serious house cleaning with our assistant coaches . bresh and brat are doing terrible jobs and need to be replaced with some competent guys that know and understand our talents and put them in the best position to be successful . these guys are not doing it . brat erratic play calling is a f**king joke .

Bitch, bitch, bitch. O Coordinators are the easiest coaches to point out mistakes... because any time there is a stop, you can blame play calling, rather than simply blaming the poor execution.

If we fire Brat, every team in the league will laugh at us as they scratch and claw with each other to be the first to give him a contract.

Bitch, bitch, bitch. O Coordinators are the easiest coaches to point out mistakes... because any time there is a stop, you can blame play calling, rather than simply blaming the poor execution.

If we fire Brat, every team in the league will laugh at us as they scratch and claw with each other to be the first to give him a contract.

Running 3 obvious plays at a stacked line is not poor execution!...And even if it was poor execution,we had been doing it most of the game!!!Not getting any run gaps open!...So why not try something different is all I'm saying...Bad play calling...he needs to get away from the conservative play calling when there is still plenty of time for the other team to score.

The fire Brat calls need to stop... He is not the problem. What do you honestly think Zampese would do differently. Is Brat out there blocking? Is Brat underthrowing receivers, or having quick feet in the pocket? The answer is no. The play calling needs worked on, but if the plays work, no one is complaining about Brat. It's all about execution right now for the Bengals. It's all about Carson's ability to work in the pocket comfortably. It's all about the o-line being able to run block to open holes for Rudi.

The only coaches that should be on the hotseat, are the defensive coaches, and the o-line coach. The Bengals defensive scheme confuses no one, not even a rookie making his second NFL start. The d-line is poorly coached, and the LB's are as well. These areas are where you are likely to see changes first. Brat is safe.

Running 3 obvious plays at a stacked line is not poor execution!...And even if it was poor execution,we had been doing it most of the game!!!Not getting any run gaps open!...So why not try something different is all I'm saying...Bad play calling...he needs to get away from the conservative play calling when there is still plenty of time for the other team to score.

Yep... and had Palmer thrown an Interception and given them great field position, or thrown incompletions and had to punt without taking any time off the clock, you'd be on here bitching about why we were throwing the ball with a lead late in the 4th quarter.

Offensive Coordinator is the most difficult job to please the fan base with... and Brat's reputation speaks for itself.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I didn't like the two shovel-pass calls, but if they overpursue, that call looks genius. The man knows what he's doing, it's just up to the offense to execute, specifically the offensve line.

The fire Brat calls need to stop... He is not the problem. What do you honestly think Zampese would do differently. Is Brat out there blocking? Is Brat underthrowing receivers, or having quick feet in the pocket? The answer is no. The play calling needs worked on, but if the plays work, no one is complaining about Brat. It's all about execution right now for the Bengals. It's all about Carson's ability to work in the pocket comfortably. It's all about the o-line being able to run block to open holes for Rudi.

Yep. It's not quite the same level, but try playing Tecmo Bowl in coach mode and see how well you do. :P

Wasn't that shovel pass called on 3rd and 18? In the history of the planet, has a shovel pass ever gained 18 yards? Even when Chris Perry is running it (which is a truly beautiful thing, IMHO) you're not going to get the 1st down.

No, Brat isn't out there blocking. But he's got a perfect view of a team that's failing to excute the plays he's calling. So maybe he should adapt to the situation.

I'm still waiting for the explanation why there's only been 1 long pass thrown in Chad's direction. Even if he's double-covered, you gotta air it out every once in a while to keep the other team honest.

I give Brat most of the credit for building this offense, but he has consistently called plays that seem to be poor choices for the situation. And if we're not going to see a noticable change in his style after the bye-week and against an 0-4 team, then we shouldn't expect to see a change anytime soon.

And I don't want to wait until it's too late.

I've seen other games where he looks like a offensive genuis and other times where he looks like an

idiot...He can be inconsistent at times...I don't think he should be fired,but he needs call plays that are

working at the time...The series before the passing game was opening up a bit,why not try some short 5 yard passes..Not high risk passes...I just to mix it up a little...Tampa was waiting on the run and I think

Brat knew that...He knew our O-line was banged up and having trouble opening up gaps for Rudi.

Don't rely on our D to win the game for us. It was a overall bad day for the Offense but I think it could

have turned out different if we could have got a first down or two on that last series.

brat has real trouble when what he is calling doesn't work . he is terrible at making adjustments to put his offense in the best position to have success , his play calling is erratic and inconsistent this offense has not been able to find any kind of rhythm or consistentsy all season running or throwing the ball . defenses are more aware of what we are doing this season and a good o/c would make little adjustments here and there to keep the defense off balance and brat is not doing that . so yea that is a huge problem . as for bresh his defense is simple and very vanilla , when a rookie qb can call out your blitzers and beat your blitzes then again this is a big problem . in no way shape or form does bresh try to fool anybody with his coverage and blitzes and that is killing us . these guys are not getting the job done and some thing has to be done about this . all you fans who are saying this is not a problem . well if it's one game here and there then maybe it is not but when it is the last 3 games we have played and the same s**t is happening and they don't make adjustments to correct it . then it is a huge f**king problem . marvin as the head man needs to bring it to there attention and get it fixed now!! before it cost us our season .

brat has real trouble when what he is calling doesn't work . he is terrible at making adjustments to put his offense in the best position to have success , his play calling is erratic and inconsistent this offense has not been able to find any kind of rhythm or consistentsy all season running or throwing the ball . defenses are more aware of what we are doing this season and a good o/c would make little adjustments here and there to keep the defense off balance and brat is not doing that . so yea that is a huge problem . as for bresh his defense is simple and very vanilla , when a rookie qb can call out your blitzers and beat your blitzes then again this is a big problem . in no way shape or form does bresh try to fool anybody with his coverage and blitzes and that is killing us . these guys are not getting the job done and some thing has to be done about this . all you fans who are saying this is not a problem . well if it's one game here and there then maybe it is not but when it is the last 3 games we have played and the same s**t is happening and they don't make adjustments to correct it . then it is a huge f**king problem . marvin as the head man needs to bring it to there attention and get it fixed now!! before it cost us our season .

Well Said!!!

OK, I've seen enough :blowup2:

WE DON'T NEED TO FIRE OUR f**king O COORDINATOR. WE DON'T NEED TO BENCH OUR STARTING RB WHO BROKE TEAM RECORDS TWO YEARS RUNNING. WE DON'T NEED TO FIRE OUR O LINE COACH. GET A f**king GRIP PEOPLE. IT'S NOT TIME TO GO SINGLE FILE OFF A CLIFF LIKE LEMINGS. QUIT BLAMING THE ENTIRE GAME ON ONE CALL.

HOF IS RIGHT, A BUNCH OF CHICKEN LITTLES RUNNING AROUND SCREAMING "THE SKY IS FALLING"

Sorry, people. i don't intend to piss anyone off, just had to get that off my chest

Bob isn't going anywhere he is the last guy that is a "Mike Brown guy" If it was Marvins decision then Brat would be goners at the end of the season but not so much for his playcalling yesterday but more for his playcalling over the last 4 seasons. As far as yesterday the whole team including both coordinators and Marvin himself stunk it up and gave the officials an opportunity to take the game away and they obliged.

theres a reason that Brats name is never mentioned as a head coaching candidate

I think this year something is wrong with our offense. First of all the line is awful, for sure injuries affected the play but after a bye week you play vs. a Tampa team winless and you lose scoring 13 points. On the other side this defense can't win a game although yesterday it didn't play badly. Last year everything was right (luck included), this year we have to fight for a playoff spot.

I hated the o-gameplan and the decision not to throw for a 1st down - but you can see how difficult everyone's job becomes when your 0-line doesn't do anything.

This is the essence of my frustration with Brat. Levi being gimpy, Braham, Tab, Chris Perry, and Henry being out were not surprises. The game plan needed to reflect their absence and emphasize things the available players do well. As importantly, the second half adjustments to TB's defensive scheme and the COncy O's performance in the first half were non-existent. The game plan and the halftime adjustments are Brat's responsibility!

Can he control the players he has available? NO

Can he game plan and adjust to changing conditions? NO, but he should be able to better than he does!

I hated the o-gameplan and the decision not to throw for a 1st down - but you can see how difficult everyone's job becomes when your 0-line doesn't do anything.

This is the essence of my frustration with Brat. Levi being gimpy, Braham, Tab, Chris Perry, and Henry being out were not surprises. The game plan needed to reflect their absence and emphasize things the available players do well. As importantly, the second half adjustments to TB's defensive scheme and the COncy O's performance in the first half were non-existent. The game plan and the halftime adjustments are Brat's responsibility!

Can he control the players he has available? NO

Can he game plan and adjust to changing conditions? NO, but he should be able to better than he does!

You know, that is the most compelling point I have read yet that is an indictment of Brat. Outstanding point. Thanks, you have given me something to think about. Solid post.