Another trade to evaluate

duus

I have Thomas Jones and Andre Johnson.

I have been offered a trade where I would get Brian Westbrook and Matt Jones for those two guys.

What do you think? A couple weeks ago I might have jumped on this to get Westbrook, but AJohnson has really come on strong ... even in Houston's offense.

It's basically a performance type league where you get points for TD yards plus overall player performance.

I'll tell you though, I am leaning toward not making this trade. The health of Westbrook really has me concerned a bit. I read that he may actually have a bone bruise, and will likely be hobbled all year. I just wonder if a hobbled Westbrook is better than a healthy TJones. If not, then surely it comes down to MJones and AJohnson ... which seems to go in favor of Johnson.

I don't know ... tough to get two injured players like that for two guys that are currently very healthy.

Keep in mind that I don't play fantasy football, but I'd never make that trade. Westbrook won't play the whole season(he NEVER does) and Chicago is a run based team, so jones will get his chances. I know matt Jones is a freakish athlete, but he's still a converted college QB who's only played WR for a short time. Plus, Byron Leftwich is the guy throwing to him.

Well, I didn't make that trade, but I did turn around and trade TJones. Another guy, knowing I liked Rudi, came to me with an offer. It was a bit tough, but I couldn't resist:

He gave me Rudi, Jacobs (backup to Tiki, whom I have), Gado, and TOwens.

I gave him TJones, Addai, Buckhalter, and AJohnson.

Basically, I gave him 3 starters and Buckhalter for Rudi and TO. Couldn't resist the offer and I jumped on.