Exposed!!!

walshfan

We play two teams that have bad Olines (KC and Cleve) and our Dline and backers look good.

We play two teams that have good lines and we look like we did late last year...terrible.

Its the same old story same old song and dance my friend!

Offensive coordinators see that this Dline has a huge problem with cutback runners so look for the same from now on...

Can someone teach this defense to tackle runners that stiff arm? jesus

We play two teams that have bad Olines (KC and Cleve) and our Dline and backers look good.

We play two teams that have good lines and we look like we did late last year...terrible.

Offensive coordinators see that this Dline has a huge problem with cutback runners so look for the same from now on...

The last two games have been played without our starting strong side linebacker and strong safety. Obviously Pollack is done, but things will get better when Jackson comes back. People don't seem to realize how big of a deal he is to our defense.

Also, stiff arms are part of football, and Maroney is tough for a safety to bring down.

Bottom line: stop panicking.

They were out-coached and out-played. Bellichick put Marvin over his lap and spanked him like a baby.

It's somehow not clicking with Bengals' coaches that every team designs plays that take advantage of the Bengals' over-pursuit and "collapsing" style defense. Breshnahan's job should be on the line this year most definitely, same with Paul Alexander.

They're not going to the playoffs if they can't contain running games and protect Carson to a reasonable extent.

Fix those two things and they will be fine - but I don't see how that changes this season. Should've been done in the off-season, it wasn't.

Dexter Jackson getting back may help the run game, but I agree with Shula Steak, Breshnahan is squarely on the chopping block at this point.

And, if I have to hear Marvin one more time talk about how they need to "tackle better", I may scream. f**king do it already. Stop talking about it. It has been over three years since he got here, and they still have trouble putting runners on the ground. At some point, he owns some of that failure...

The last two games have been played without our starting strong side linebacker and strong safety. Obviously Pollack is done, but things will get better when Jackson comes back. People don't seem to realize how big of a deal he is to our defense.

Also, stiff arms are part of football, and Maroney is tough for a safety to bring down.

Bottom line: stop panicking.

Sooo just close our eyes and pretend every is okay when Dexter comes back?

I really think it's going to take more than that - although I agree his run stopping ability is a huge plus.

I'm just sick of the same old, same old with this defense.

And as for Carson - people act as if he was "off" yesterday - but the fact is he had to rush everything and was under pressure literally every time he dropped back in the 2nd half.

At one point he was sacked 3 times out of 5 drop-backs in a row.

If anyone really thinks the center is the only problem there - you're kidding yourselves.

Can't change the 0-line at this point - unless they consider putting Steinbach at Center and Whitworth at LG - they simply need to buck up and play like men, and earn those huge contract extensions.

Shula you make a great point. Everyone is blaming Guycheck, for the o-line problems. I'm sorry but when Willie, Bobbie, and Levi are getting roasted one on one by Jarvis Green the sack machine, you can't blame that on guycheck. It's time for them to step it up on the line, but you can see signs that Carson isn't full strength in some of his throws, it will take him at least a full year to get the leg strength back that he needs to put that extra zip on some of his passes.

Too often do the Bengals get in 2nd and short, and throw 2 incomplete passes, and punt. The offense needs to rely on Rudi alot more, pound it at the defense until they say completely shut it down. That will open up the passing game alot more.

There are more problems to this defense than Dexter getting healthy. The LB's that we have need to step it up in a hurry, because they are getting manhandled consistently by TE's and FB's. Rewatching the game and focusing on the LB's is painful to watch them get blown 8/9 yards down field.

Shula you make a great point. Everyone is blaming Guycheck, for the o-line problems. I'm sorry but when Willie, Bobbie, and Levi are getting roasted one on one by Jarvis Green the sack machine, you can't blame that on guycheck. It's time for them to step it up on the line, but you can see signs that Carson isn't full strength in some of his throws, it will take him at least a full year to get the leg strength back that he needs to put that extra zip on some of his passes.

Too often do the Bengals get in 2nd and short, and throw 2 incomplete passes, and punt. The offense needs to rely on Rudi alot more, pound it at the defense until they say completely shut it down. That will open up the passing game alot more.

There are more problems to this defense than Dexter getting healthy. The LB's that we have need to step it up in a hurry, because they are getting manhandled consistently by TE's and FB's. Rewatching the game and focusing on the LB's is painful to watch them get blown 8/9 yards down field.

The linebackers are thin. Christ, the backup's backup is starting at strong-side LB. And Dexter is a huge deal. He's like a fourth linebacker out there. When he and Pollack were starting, the Bengals held Larry Johnson to less than 100 yards and were shutting him down pretty well even before Green went out. No other team has done that this season.

The linebackers are thin. Christ, the backup's backup is starting at strong-side LB. And Dexter is a huge deal. He's like a fourth linebacker out there. When he and Pollack were starting, the Bengals held Larry Johnson to less than 100 yards and were shutting him down pretty well even before Green went out. No other team has done that this season.

Sure the backup's are in there, but these are NFL players...injuries are part of the game. Brian Simmons isn't a backup. Landon Johnson isn't a backup. The LB play has been horrible, in the last two games. You have to watch them on every snap to see what I am talking about.

Sure the backup's are in there, but these are NFL players...injuries are part of the game. Brian Simmons isn't a backup. Landon Johnson isn't a backup. The LB play has been horrible, in the last two games. You have to watch them on every snap to see what I am talking about.

Landon Johnson is a backup. The starters would have been Pollack/Thurman/Simmons. We've moved Simmons inside where he is less effective. Johnson has trouble fighting off blocks. Pollack is out, as is his backup, and Caleb Miller is a special teams player at best in this league.

You can't ask for elite production when the players in the game are not elite.

DJ will stop big plays but hes not gonna stop team running ball down our throat 5+ yards each time

actually landon is a back up and is being exposed as one hes good LB for certin packages and to rest people but hes not a starter....

So what are some names for our possible future Dcoordinator? hayes? lol

Caleb Miller 225lbs Landon Johnson 227lbs Simmons 244lbs

We need some bigger asses at backer ..

Ahnad Brooks 260lbs AJ Nicholson 252lbs Rashad Jeanty 245lbs

i was thinking that today caleb and johnson are very under sized . i have been wanting to see what brooks and aj can do , but aj has been listed as injured and brooks has not been active . come on marvin get these ready and get these guys out there . i don't think it would hurt none , both of these guys were dominant lb's in college and we used a couple decent draft picks to get these two . lets see what they can do .

The last two games have been played without our starting strong side linebacker and strong safety. Obviously Pollack is done, but things will get better when Jackson comes back.

Pollack wasnt our starter, Jeanty was, and yes things will get better once he gets back, which is hopefully soon.

To shulas point about coaching, I can only agree. The defense's woes began with Breshnahan's abysmal game plan. Last week, the Broncos beat the Pats by stacking the line vs. the run and to put presure on Brady, and playing man-to-man in the secondary. The Pats offensive strength is their RBs and their QBs; their weakest link is the receiving corps.

But for some bizarre reason Bresh thought rushing four all game and playing zone D was the way to go. All that did was make he '06 Pats O look like the '05 Bengals O.

The last two games have been played without our starting strong side linebacker and strong safety. Obviously Pollack is done, but things will get better when Jackson comes back.

Pollack wasnt our starter, Jeanty was, and yes things will get better once he gets back, which is hopefully soon.

No, Pollack was the starter. Jeanty only got the start in the first game because Pollack was still nursing an injury or something. I can't really remember.

No, Pollack was the starter. Jeanty only got the start in the first game because Pollack was still nursing an injury or something. I can't really remember.

Such concern for accuracy warms my heart. Yes, Jeanty started against Cleveland; His Lordship was still out with an ouchie hammy. Against Cleveland, Pollack did finally get his first start of the year, and last two, count 'em, two, whole defensive snaps before breaking his neck.

Call Pollack what you will but His Lordship's loss is a nonfactor in the conversation about what happened last Sunday. He didnt play game one and had half a tackle in getting hurt in game 2. If anything, the loss of Jeanty, who had a strong 7-tackle game against a Pitt, was clearly a big blow to the D vs. NE.