Official Bengals vs. Steelers Game 1 Thread

Ox

Good game guys. We gave you alot of plays but hey good teams take advantage of opportunities. Now, do I think Kitna could have won that game today. Yes!! He could have taken advantage of fumbles and picks and everything else. Good game; I would have almost been dissapointed to win that game. When you are kicking a good team's ass the whole 1st quarter and you throw the ball right to the defender 1st and goal you don't deserve to win. See you guys on New Year's Eve and good luck.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All is right in the universe...

They had the running game and Rottenberger couldn't make it work....

Oh so sweet...

:cheers:

Good game guys. We gave you alot of plays but hey good teams take advantage of opportunities. Now, do I think Kitna could have won that game today. Yes!! He could have taken advantage of fumbles and picks and everything else. Good game; I would have almost been dissapointed to win that game. When you are kicking a good team's ass the whole 1st quarter and you throw the ball right to the defender 1st and goal you don't deserve to win. See you guys on New Year's Eve and good luck.

:cheers::bengal:

We didn't play our best game today, and there were times where nothing was going right at all and the game looked lost but this team got off the mat and perseveered. You have to love that! What a win!

WHO DEY!

and Roethlisberger sucks.

Bliss.

Bengals just stole one. We'll take it.

I don't think we stole it. The turnovers were just about equal. Big plays on both sides and I think it looked pretty even. They had the better D no doubt, we had the better O. Nothing really new here.

Two good teams making each other look bad.

See ya next year.

Bliss.

I don't think we stole it. The turnovers were just about equal. Big plays on both sides and I think it looked pretty even. They had the better D no doubt, we had the better O. Nothing really new here.

Yeah, DO NOT allow elitist Steeler fans and media to convince you that their turnovers are their fault and our's our due to their great defense. Team is a team is a team. Opportunities must be taken advantage of and we did that. They did not. We Win. They Lose.

Ditto. Good game man, and nice way to man up.

Bliss.

Don't get me wrong, I am not minimizing it, and the better team won, but that unforced muff from Colclough was GINORMOUS. Luck is sometimes necessary...

If we had anything today it was resilience and mental toughness....

That's huge.....

:bengal::cheers:

Yet another statement I agree with. Look at how this team could have (would have in past years) folded in the first quarter. Not now. We play the other teams game and still win. BTW ... nice move getting the wind in the 4th. Simple thing, but good move.

If we had anything today it was resilience and mental toughness....

That's huge.....

:bengal::cheers:

Yet another statement I agree with. Look at how this team could have (would have in past years) folded in the first quarter. Not now. We play the other teams game and still win. BTW ... nice move getting the wind in the 4th. Simple thing, but good move.

I totally agree. The wind was one of the best players on the field for both teams. We took advantage of it by taking it in the 4th.

See ya next year.

Yeah that was a fairly decent game. It'll be better next time around with a healthy Polamalu and Big Bozo in more of a groove at the end of the year than he is now because he looked like......Big Bozo.

BTW Who Dey!

You Dey, Mr. Bill? No way. Cowher knows he had his farce last year...No more so let him play out the string this year for his retirement.

We really wanted to give you that game today. Congrats!! INT's on 1st & goal, muffed punts, fumbles. We really sucked today and deserved to lose. The worst part of it was the offense and special teams wasted a decent effort by our defense.

Gave us the game? I guess your turnovers by your D were forced (see tipped balls) and the Bengals were GIFTS? Congrats on your GIFT Superbowl last year tool. It is over....we just TOOK YOUR LUNCH MONEY BIATCH! And we did it with a very banged-up O-line and D. Welcome to 3rd place TOOL!

Sidenote: As predicted....Gentle Ben CAN'T win a game without the D and running game carrying him. 18 of 39 passing? and a 30.7 passer rating. NICE JOB BEN! I guess we'll have to another week of WEAK excuses about how he's "rusty" and appendicitis and "the accident". 3 poor games in a row...including the SB by Gentle Ben.

I was unable to watch this game due to a family committment, so I have a few questions that hobson's summary did not help me with

1) How did Ghiaciuc do, overall?

2) I heard Levi went out and Whitworth came in as left tackle....tackle, not guard.....how did this work out? At what point in the game did this occur? Did Levi return?

3) How did Kenny Watson look returning kicks in Tab's place?

4) Was Graham putting kickoffs in the endzone or outside the 5?

I was unable to watch this game due to a family committment, so I have a fe questions that hobson's summary did not help me with

1) How did Ghiaciuc do, overall?

2) I heard Levi went out and Whitworth came in as left tackle....tackle, not guard.....how did this work out? At what point in the game did this occur? Did Levi return?

3) How did Kenny Watson look returning kicks in Tab's place?

4) Was Graham putting kickoffs in the endzone or outside the 5?

1. Mixed. Blew a couple plays that led to sacks. Only one real miscommunication on the snaps with Palmer and he didnt snap it so it was just a false start. Fell on an early Carson fumble to hold onto the ball.

2. Levi came back in. Whitworth held up.

3. Watson looked solid.

4. Graham had some of both but overall was fine, IMHO.

If Whitworth is already their choice as the LT even over STEINBACH as well as the other more experienced tackles (Andrews and Kooistra) then I now have to admit that they did not blow this pick either.....production at that level as a rookie is FAR better than one should expect on such an experienced line from a rookie.

Well, Eric was already in at LG so putting Whitworth in was one less mid-game o-line shuffle. Had this been an issue before the game I expect they would have gone with Steiney at LT and Whitworth at LG again.

If Whitworth is already their choice as the LT even over STEINBACH as well as the other more experienced tackles (Andrews and Kooistra) then I now have to admit that they did not blow this pick either.....production at that level as a rookie is FAR better than one should expect on such an experienced line from a rookie.

Props for coming around on Whitworth. Even though it's only been 6 months and 3 games, I think we can already see that Joseph, Whitworth and Peko were good picks. I would also argue that Bennie and Kilmer have shown enough to be worth 7th round picks.

So that leaves Frostee, Nicholson and McNeal. Maybe not the Worst Draft Ever?