Weather Forecast for Steelers Game

membengal

Much like the KC game, looks like this one has a good chance of being impacted by rain, perhaps heavy rain.

The forecast from www.noaa.com three days out is:

Sunday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a high near 71. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

That's a pretty stout rain chance for that far out, meaning they are reasonably sure already that it is going to be wet in Western PA sometime on Sunday.

If it is at game time, then, like KC, it will be one that will be decided by who controls the line of scimmage, I suspect, and the pass games may be reduced a bit. Glad that the Bengals just tested themselves and passed in similar conditions recently, may be another one like it this time around.

We can update the forecasts as we get closer to kickoff, if people have a mind to...

And, actually, given where some of the Bengals' injury concerns are, I wouldn't mind a game that takes some of the starch out of the respective pass games. So, if the weather forces more running, so be it...

hey a meteorologist is almost everyones dream job.......You get paid lots of money just to screw up about 80% of the time.

I will know what the weather will be around Sunday at 12:59 PM!!!! You cant go by these morons! :sure:

Actually, NY, the noaa.com people are not very moronish.

Big storm system coming out of the plains, plenty wet in Memphis Friday night and Saturday, heading to the NE after that.

The latest from www.noaa.com for Pittsburgh on Sunday:

Sunday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a high near 69. Southwest wind between 3 and 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

KC-like. Bring it.

It looks like the storm that NOAA and Weather.com are talking about for Pit on Sunday is moving through Cinci right now. And it is moving fast. So there is a good chance that it will be through Pit by Sunday early afternoon.

Bring it on either way!

We will run the ball in the rain and we will run and throw in nice weather. As Carson says, pick your poison!

:bengal:

Nope, that is just the fore-runner of it. Tornado watch down here, and two days of bad weather expected before cold front moves through.

I bet the Bengals are prepping for wet conditions, and, once again, I welcome wet conditions. I think this team is built to compete in any type game.

Nope, that is just the fore-runner of it. Tornado watch down here, and two days of bad weather expected before cold front moves through.

I bet the Bengals are prepping for wet conditions, and, once again, I welcome wet conditions. I think this team is built to compete in any type game.

I agree with you 100%. I think the only other teams that are built to compete in worse case senario conditions are the Steelers and the Patriots and possible the Giants.

It started raining here locally around midnight and rained all through the night ... hard at times. The rain has now stopped, but it is fairly breezy and turning a bit cooloer.

(and I have zero meteorological training! ... I just know how to open a window)

Considering the field at Heinz - it will be a mud pit by tomorrow, one of the worst playing surfaces in the NFL. I believe they still play on grass?

It'll be tough to run against Pitt as always. But yes the reason the Bengals' are as good as they appear to be now - is that they are well-rounded and can play anyone's game.

It started raining here locally around midnight and rained all through the night ... hard at times. The rain has now stopped, but it is fairly breezy and turning a bit cooloer.

(and I have zero meteorological training! ... I just know how to open a window)

lol

Bengals are wearing white right? man their gonna look like the browns when the game is over :P

It will certainly be an interesting example of how well DD Grassmaster fields work in heavy rainfall.

I am pretty sure this is still what they are using.

0277.jpg

Natural grass roots intertwine with the artificial grass fibres.

Steelers again replacing Heinz Field turf...In 2003, the Steelers installed DD GrassMaster -- a hybrid surface that combines real sod with synthetic fibers -- after complaints that the footing was poor on the sand-based grass surface in place when the field opened in 2001. In February 2005, workers again scraped off the surface -- about a half-inch of top soil -- but they're not changing turfs, they're again installing a DD GrassMaster surface. The Steelers are hoping that will help because the Denver Broncos did the same thing at Invesco Field at Mile High, and that field was ranked the eighth-best field in the league by players.
DD Grassmaster FAQ... The DD GrassMaster system has numerous components: 1. Medium fine - medium coarse rootzone sand (90/10 sand to organic) 2. Natural sports grass mixture (seed or sod) 3. Polypropylene artificial grass fibres (DD GrassMaster fibres)...

How often can the field be used?

The annual DD GrassMaster field use amounts to approximately 850 - 900 hours. In comparison, a normal natural grass field can handle only 300 hours per year. ... ... Thanks to its coarse, sandy sub base a DD GrassMaster pitch offers excellent waterpermeability. The artificial grass fibres stimulate good vertical drainage of rainwater. No mudbaths on the field....

It will certainly be an interesting example of how well DD Grassmaster fields work in heavy rainfall.

I am pretty sure this is still what they are using.

0277.jpg

Natural grass roots intertwine with the artificial grass fibres.

Steelers again replacing Heinz Field turf...In 2003, the Steelers installed DD GrassMaster -- a hybrid surface that combines real sod with synthetic fibers -- after complaints that the footing was poor on the sand-based grass surface in place when the field opened in 2001. In February 2005, workers again scraped off the surface -- about a half-inch of top soil -- but they're not changing turfs, they're again installing a DD GrassMaster surface. The Steelers are hoping that will help because the Denver Broncos did the same thing at Invesco Field at Mile High, and that field was ranked the eighth-best field in the league by players.
DD Grassmaster FAQ... The DD GrassMaster system has numerous components: 1. Medium fine - medium coarse rootzone sand (90/10 sand to organic) 2. Natural sports grass mixture (seed or sod) 3. Polypropylene artificial grass fibres (DD GrassMaster fibres)...

How often can the field be used?

The annual DD GrassMaster field use amounts to approximately 850 - 900 hours. In comparison, a normal natural grass field can handle only 300 hours per year. ... ... Thanks to its coarse, sandy sub base a DD GrassMaster pitch offers excellent waterpermeability. The artificial grass fibres stimulate good vertical drainage of rainwater. No mudbaths on the field....

Yes, you are correct, that is still what they use.

BTW ... hasn't rained since the a.m., but they expect heavy thunderstorms overnight and into tomorrow, with temperatures in the mid to upper 60s. I think wind should be 10-20 mph.

Well, little to no rain came last night and this morning. They are saying that there may be some small showers this morning, but nothing of concern. Temperatures should be mid to upper 60's at gametime. It is somewhat windy right now, and I understand that the prediction is for gusty winds during the game.

hey a meteorologist is almost everyones dream job.......You get paid lots of money just to screw up about 80% of the time.

I will know what the weather will be around Sunday at 12:59 PM!!!! You cant go by these morons! :sure:

What Did I say, I had a feeling those a**h***s would be wrong. They were calling for horrible weather, and its gonna be a few small showers.