Last Gasp

rwalling

I think we're headed to another World Series sweep.

If it ends up Yankees/Mets, that could add some rivalry value and make it closer... but the leagues are quite inequal either way.

I hope not, I hate both the Mets and Yanks! Especially the Yanks, I find thier fans to be so arrogant thinking the World Series should just be awarded to them. And of course the media (ATH, PTI) constantly talks about them like there are no other teams in the league. During the playoffs, I would rout for anyone but them.

Damnit what the hell happened to the Reds? Ironic since they're a division rival, but I actually like the Reds. I always figured if you could combine the Pirates pitching and defense with the Reds offense, you'd have a damn good team, plus I've always liked Sean Casey and Ken Griffey Jr. Hopefully next year they can get to the playoffs, and the Pirates can get to .500.

Well, Sean Casey was traded to the Pirates and is in Detroit now...

As for the Reds, I think they had a better year than most predicted for them and there were a ton of changes made to try to bolster the pitching staff. More changes are coming this offseason I hope !!!

By the way, Griffey hot a 3 run PH homer yesterday to beat the Cubs... I know, I know, to little to late, but it was nice to see and he tied R. Jackson for 10th on the all-time list for HR's...

WHODEY !!!

The Pirates have been playing great baseball since the all star break. Last I heard, we had the best record in the NL since the break. The pitching has been good, and the offense has been getting clutch hits all the time. I would not put it past them to win the last 2 games against the Astros, and based on how bad your Cardinals are playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose a few more to give the Reds a realistic chance to win the division.

Damnit what the hell happened to the Reds? Ironic since they're a division rival, but I actually like the Reds. I always figured if you could combine the Pirates pitching and defense with the Reds offense, you'd have a damn good team, plus I've always liked Sean Casey and Ken Griffey Jr. Hopefully next year they can get to the playoffs, and the Pirates can get to .500.

narron is what happen to the reds this guys total mismanagement of his pitching staff . then add that the fact that he doesn't do enough as a manager to prepare his team for the season . with the basics of fundamentals like fielding hitting etc . i personally believe if we had a competent manager the reds would be in the playoffs .

I will... I'll go so far as to start taking personal bets (In the proper forum of course) to say the American League team will win in 5 games or less. Bengalzone dollars that is !!!

WHODEY !!!

First I am dissapointed the Reds did not make the playoffs, only because they had a much better spring and early summer than I could have hoped for.

Second I believe everyone (other than Reds fans) thought the same thing in 1990 when the mighty A's were suppose to sweep the Reds with no problem, we all know how that turned out. Any team that makes the playoffs has a chance to get hot a make a run for the title, look at Pissburgh last year. The best team at the time of the title game/series is not always the team that was best for the season.

Hopefully the new owners will continue to spend money in the attempt to bring a playoff team to Cinci.

For now though I am happy that the Reds will no longer be taking up air time when the Bengals are playing, I have missed Lapham calling his homer insights.

WHO-DEY :bengal:

and GO BUCKEYES!!! :D