Interesting Bengals-Cardinals points

TJJackson

First, take a look at http://www.azcardinals.com/gameday/depth_chart.php

Notable

1) Many here wanted us to take Gabe Watson as our first or second pick. Please note that he is THIRD on the depth chart

2) then you have to note the guy who is AHEAD of him on the depth chart - thats right, former Bengal and runstopping DT Langston Moore, who we gave up on far too quickly.

3) Pointing out their record breaking (and former Bengal) placekicker would be too obvious, so instead, I invite those of you who rode the Shazor Train last year only to see him undrafted, sign with the Cardinals, then get cut in camp......he's BAAAACK as the backup SS. I figured I better point this out before Billy gets back from, uhh, summer camp.

ox, you still marred?

I think the over under for that was 8.2 months

Back to stay, I hope...good to see you as a 5-0 hoosier

Hey Big O - good to see ya brother. No, I am a single man. Funny you say that, my friends had an even 1 year as the over. Not sure what this has to do with the thread, but whatever! You going to be around this season?

You guys went from being a laughingstock franchise to a team to be reckoned with. Do you guys think Matt Leinhart could lead the Cards franchise to a similar turn around with all that talent around him?? (that and the coaching of Dennis Green)

I think Lienart could have the same impact on the Cardinals. They have a great WR corps and the Edge running the ball. If they can get Lienart some better protection on the o-line and some upgrades on the D, I see them being a playoff team real quick. They aren't as far as say, the Browns, that's for sure !!!

WHODEY !!!

Well, I'm glad that things have worked out for Moore and Rackers in their 2nd chance at life.

But Rackers got every opportunity to get things on track and he royally stunk, yeah the field was in bad shape too, but no excuses here. He needed to move for the change of scenery. BTW, Grahm is about the become officially the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history. Not to bad an upgrade. And who know, ole Vinny down in Dallas could muck up his standing as the all time leading kicker and hand it to Grahm!

Moore was a malcontent and lazy. He was part of the old attitude, no matter what his talent level. Everybody here has the talent, it matters what you do with it. So good for him that he has had a change in attitude (or Dennis is putting up with the unchanged one) and he is prospering in AZ. I do not see them on the brink of greatness, though.

In Marvin we trust and he hasn't done anything to betray that trust. Are you also suggesting that we need to keep Askew around and give him another look?

Welcome back, Big O!

I didn't like dumping Moore after 2004, but he wouldn't have made this team either. I'll take Peko over Moore every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Shazor? The Cardinals must have some terrible depth problems in the secondary. Well, we did get Ohaletmestinkupthefield from them didn't we?

Back to stay, I hope...good to see you as a 5-0 hoosier

Hey Big"O" i thought you lost your password or something? now we need BILLY B to get back in this thang!!! :sure:

Are you also suggesting that we need to keep Askew around and give him another look?

*laff*

Tell me who made such a suggestion (I'll need a link, thankee) and I will laugh at them as well

If you somehow are deciding that Moore = Askew, then I simply double my laughter at you. Moore was productive. Askew occupied space, metabolized, and cashed checks.

Toot! Toot! ALL ABOARD!! Train departing the station for Parts Unknown...

Cardinals | Shazor released with injury settlement

Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:33:19 -0700

The Arizona Cardinals have officially announced the release of SS Ernest Shazor (toe) and have given Shazor an injury settlement.

;)

First, take a look at http://www.azcardinals.com/gameday/depth_chart.php

Notable

1) Many here wanted us to take Gabe Watson as our first or second pick. Please note that he is THIRD on the depth chart

2) then you have to note the guy who is AHEAD of him on the depth chart - thats right, former Bengal and runstopping DT Langston Moore, who we gave up on far too quickly.

3) Pointing out their record breaking (and former Bengal) placekicker would be too obvious, so instead, I invite those of you who rode the Shazor Train last year only to see him undrafted, sign with the Cardinals, then get cut in camp......he's BAAAACK as the backup SS. I figured I better point this out before Billy gets back from, uhh, summer camp.

I am addressing you, tj. Silly me, just reading the initial post and the bolded part caught my eye...and again, I ask, since we "gave up on him far too quickly", just who is he bumping off this roster if he were still here?

You can count me as one of the guys annoyed when they cut Moore. I'm not sure he would have survived final cuts this year, but certainly I would have preferred to have him versus Clemons last season. That would have allowed us to dispense with the B-rob at DT experiment and put him where he appears more effective from the start.

Silly me.....just who is he bumping off this roster if he were still here?
Yes, very very silly you.

No where in the quote did I say he'd replace anyone on this year's team. Nowhere.

We gave up on Langston at about this time last year (http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2005/09/bengals-cut-bramlet-clemons-suspended.asp) and went with Mathias Askew instead. The rest of us know how that worked out. I'll take your comment, then, as your declaration that Askew had a better year in 2005 than Moore, that it was good we kept Askew on. You get funnier with each passing post. http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/benga...s-suspended.asp

As an interesting aside, Langston gets mentioned (Peko is compared to him favorably) in today's Bengals.com article http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5459