NUMBER 24 on the car

semiotter

Hey dont look now but good ole Jeff is in 5th place and moving up every week woooooo hoooooo :lmao:

Bring on the Chase!!!!!!

Gordon sucks!!!! He wishes he was half the driver big #3 was!!!!!! <_<

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh great reply; from another ernie fan!!!! B)

Hey dont look now but good ole Jeff is in 5th place and moving up every week woooooo hoooooo :lmao:

Bring on the Chase!!!!!!

Gordon sucks!!!! He wishes he was half the driver big #3 was!!!!!! <_<

That's funny isnt he just 1 victory behind ole #3 and youger to boot

It's about Championships, not victories. Until Gordo' gets to 7 and 200, he is still half the driver as the Man in Black and just a third of the King himself.

If the number of victories doesnt matter than why, untill recently have #3's fans always used that along with his seven championships to show how great he was. I think you are blinded toward the talent of Gordon, who credits his skill to learning from #3, by your hatred and fear of him overtaking #3 in total victories and still possibly challenging for more championships.

At least you recongnize the fact that Petty is and always will be the King of Nascar, #3 is by far the best since, but alot of these young guys may have the chance to overtake his championship wins. Does that mean if it happens, that he is not as good a driver as the young kid? I answer no because just like in baseball it is unfair to compare athletes from different eras.

#3 was Nascar for many years, but right now the battle to decide who will be the remembered face of this era is still up for grabs.

It's about Championships, not victories. Until Gordo' gets to 7 and 200, he is still half the driver as the Man in Black and just a third of the King himself.

If the number of victories doesnt matter than why, untill recently have #3's fans always used that along with his seven championships to show how great he was. I think you are blinded toward the talent of Gordon, who credits his skill to learning from #3, by your hatred and fear of him overtaking #3 in total victories and still possibly challenging for more championships.

At least you recongnize the fact that Petty is and always will be the King of Nascar, #3 is by far the best since, but alot of these young guys may have the chance to overtake his championship wins. Does that mean if it happens, that he is not as good a driver as the young kid? I answer no because just like in baseball it is unfair to compare athletes from different eras.

#3 was Nascar for many years, but right now the battle to decide who will be the remembered face of this era is still up for grabs.

The number of victories doesn't matter because a driver can win a championship and only win 1 race all season. Even now with the advent of the Chase. Matt Kenseth won only 1 race when he won his only championship as did Benny Parsons and Ned Jerret. Terry Lebonte won 2 races each time he won his championships as well as Alan Kulwicky when he won his lone championship. It's about consistancy. If a driver is consistant all season long, they can win a champioship.

I am not blinded about Jeff Gordons' talent and that he has won a lot of races. What I don't like is people putting him at a level that he does not deserve. Until he wins 7 champonships and 200 races, he will only be half the driver that Dale was and and a third of Richard.

I am not a fan of #3 and I am not afraid that Gordon may overtake him in total victories. I could careless. I personally don't have a favorite driver. I enjoy the races.

As far as to the battle for the face of NASCAR, it is still is the Man In Black. As much as the Golden Boy and his fans would rather it be different, it will not change until someone else wins 8 championships and 201 races. And right now, there appears to be no one poised to achieve that.

If it's about championships and not victories then why does Gordon have to even worry about 200 victories? I'm a big Gordon fan but I know he's not to the level of those two, being third to those two drivers isn't bad. Plus Gordon's still got a lot of racing to go.

Gordon and his fans were probably the happiest when the Intimidator got killed. Considering he used to own Gordon and run him ragged.

So you think that Jeff Gordon enjoyed hearing that his mentor and friend died? And those who follow the 24 around the track enjoyed it as well? That is the worst thing for anyone to think let alone say!

• 3 weeks later...
Gordon and his fans were probably the happiest when the Intimidator got killed. Considering he used to own Gordon and run him ragged.

As a Gordon fan,I've always liked both Dale Sr. and Junior.

I've never been able to understand the knee-jerk blind hatred reaction that some Earnhardt fans seem to show towards Gordon.

But as far as running Gordon ragged,here are the win totals year by year,including the 1992 season in which Gordon only had one start.

Wins Wins Championship

1992 DE 1 JG 0

1993 DE 6 JG 0 DE

1994 DE 4 JG 2 DE

1995 DE 5 JG 7 JG

1996 DE 2 JG 10

1997 DE 0 JG 10 JG

1998 DE 1 JG 13 JG

1999 DE 3 JG 7

2000 DE 2 JG 3

Totals DE 24 JG 52

That's 52 wins and 3 Championships to DE's 24 wins and 2 Championships when they drove against each other.

I'm in no way being disrespectful;Earnhardt was one of the greatest to ever sit in a race car.But he in no way "owned" Gordon.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually raced Jeff Gordon mano-et-mano - talk about being schooled! :blush: It was like getting in the ring with Muhammed Ali - one quickly realized one was totally out-classed. :sadwalk: Admittedly, it was in go-carts at Kings Island, but he was extremely gracious as he switched cars and continued to lap the field. I have been a Jeff Gordon fan ever since.

I've never understood the outright hatred he inspires in the typical "Bubba Race-fan". :confused1:

Jeff Gordon is the best in my opinion.

1st post, and it's in the Nascar forum!?! You're cool in my book! Welcome Palmer#9! B)

lol, that's a good thing! Jeff Gordon is hated by most because he has his fans and all the other fans of the other drivers seem to be all against him except Jimmie and Kyle. They hate him because they know what kind of driver he is and they know he's a contender for 1st every Sunday. Seems like all the best in sports seem to be hated by most but we all get the point. B)