LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!

NYBengalfan

And the 5 game sweep is complete. We kicked the s**t out of those *** damn Red Sox!!!...and it feels great!!!!

6 1/2 up and rolling.

Good luck with the Reds, I always loved Griffey and I hope that you guys get the WC spot or possibly the NL Central.

Don't even get me started on the Yankees. There are one of the main reasons baseball isn't entertaining anymore. Compare a $200 million dollar payroll to the Reds $60 mill.

And don't test my patience NY. One more Yankees thread and I will bring the hammer down.(just kiddin, BTW)

OK, OK Im just startin to realize that outside of New York state and Florida( where elderly NY'ers go cause they cant take the cold anymore) nobody likes the Yankees, aka the evil empire.

....I figured that you were kidding so no offense taken....we're bengal fans here.

:sure:

:cheers:

I honestly dont see how any self respecting fan could like a team like the Yankees when all they do is buy trophies and ruin the game for all other teams fans!

My family has had season tickets for over 20 years, and I have been going to yankee Stadium since I was three years old. I kinda had no choice.

TDB.... I dont know about the Mets, Glavine could be out for the year and Pedro wears down at the end of the year.

Personally I think the NL is a toss up.

Well being a Big Time "ORIOLES" fan I cant say im happy for ya, but I dont like Boston either. So all the people that hate on ya cuz your owner has money and buys up good players well the Orioles owner does that to some what and it doesnt always work. So at least you all get some good out of what he does. Good luck. I think youll ride this streak to the series. :(

I honestly dont see how any self respecting fan could like a team like the Yankees when all they do is buy trophies and ruin the game for all other teams fans!

I'm by far a Yankees fan (although my father is NUTS with Yankeeism, specifically the years the Mick). But at last checked, they haven't won a World Series ring since............

I don't mind the Yankees. They're doing nothing wrong. If the Reds did the same thing, I'd be fired up like our NY Bengals friend. In fact, as a Reds fan, I welcome them sky-rocketing over the "luxury tax" because we get the benefits of free money to get more players. They're in the AL and have no implications on us record-wise. However, if I were a fan of a team in their league, yea, I'd be totally pissed off.

The only thing that gets irritating with the Yanks is the overwhelming TV coverage, but it's in demand. So therefore, I watch Pee Wee's Playhouse and Family Guy (bet you guys didn't think I was going there...)

(I'll also admit, I do enjoy watching Red Sox/Yankees games too. I think they're pretty fun to watch and reminds of good fun sports!)

Technically, they aren't doing anything wrong, but their markets dictate how much they can spend and since when does populatoin dictate wins and losses. Compare NY';s population to Cincy's and there's one of your main reasons the Yankees can afford to spend that much. The fact that more than half of MLB teams are out of the playoff race before it starts is sad. Of course, it doesn't help when the Reds have managed to sell out only five or six games and the yankees always sell out. But that comes back to believing your teams chances are slimmer because bigger teams buy up the best major leaguers

It would just be like football teams with large fan bases(Dallas, Pitt) got to spend more money that everyone else. Imagine how pissed we'd be if Pitt got the pick of the litter on players every year, just because they sodl out every game and people bought more hats thatn other fans

I think one of the most misunderstood concepts is the difference between the NFL and MLB based on their economics.

And remember THERE IS a salary cap in MLB. If teams go over $117 million, they are taxed at a percentage which is redistributed thoughout the league. Now if the issue is revenue sharing, well, that's a completely different beast.

- The Seahawks had the highest was a $100,604,116. That would rank 4th in Major League Baseball (in 2005). (FYI, four of the top six payrolls in the NFL missed the playoffs last season)

- Only 11 team in MLB have payrolls of $80 million or more. The NFL has 18.

- There are 12 teams that have a lower payroll in MLB than the lowest payroll in the NFL (Titans).

My point is that salary cap isn't a problem in MLB. Not even close. Sharing? Yea, I'd agree that smaller market teams are cut short big time.

However, I've become less aggressive against the MLB system than I have the owners. It's not MLB's fault that the Devil Rays have a $29,679,067 payroll. It's those that own the team that fail their own fans.

I think one of the most misunderstood concepts is the difference between the NFL and MLB based on their economics.

And remember THERE IS a salary cap in MLB. If teams go over $117 million, they are taxed at a percentage which is redistributed thoughout the league. Now if the issue is revenue sharing, well, that's a completely different beast.

- The Seahawks had the highest was a $100,604,116. That would rank 4th in Major League Baseball (in 2005). (FYI, four of the top six payrolls in the NFL missed the playoffs last season)

- Only 11 team in MLB have payrolls of $80 million or more. The NFL has 18.

- There are 12 teams that have a lower payroll in MLB than the lowest payroll in the NFL (Titans).

My point is that salary cap isn't a problem in MLB. Not even close. Sharing? Yea, I'd agree that smaller market teams are cut short big time.

However, I've become less aggressive against the MLB system than I have the owners. It's not MLB's fault that the Devil Rays have a $29,679,067 payroll. It's those that own the team that fail their own fans.

You can make statistics say anything, I dont thinik that your comparision stands up when you consider that the starters on a MLB team consist of 9 + 5 = 14 and the starters on a NFL team almost double that.

Just look at how many stars are on just the offensive side of the Bengals CP, CJ, TJ, Rudi, Big Willie, and Levi. If you pay 6 players star pay in MLB it would bust most small market teams.

But, I will admit that I am and always will be a Yankee hater.

um sharing isnt a cap. if a team can go over an amount it isnt helping anything even though they have to share the revenue from it. baseball needs a cap of like 80 or 100 mill per team and cant spend less than 60-75 mill. that would make baseball much more competitive and mb just mb the royals could compete.

It's bad enough that I have to hear about the Yankees and Red Sox's on Around the Horn and PTI, now I have to deal with it on a Cincy board. I am TIRED OF HEARING about them damn Yankees!!! I hope they self destruct and finish out of the playoffs! Then maybe there will some peace and quit around. Oh, that's right. There would be so much whining from the Yankee fans that it will cause me to lose my mind. Damned either way.

But out side of that NY, I appreciate your comments about routing for the Reds and hope you don't take offense to my rant. Maybe we can revisit the 1976 World Series with a 2006 renewal. Go CINCY!!!

um sharing isnt a cap. if a team can go over an amount it isnt helping anything even though they have to share the revenue from it. baseball needs a cap of like 80 or 100 mill per team and cant spend less than 60-75 mill. that would make baseball much more competitive and mb just mb the royals could compete.

But that's my point. Most NFL teams pay more than most MLB teams. Consider, again, there's 12 MLB that pay LESS than NFL teams. Call it what it is, you have a problem with the Yankees spending, but the only problem MLB has is that the low end owners DO NOT spend. That's not an MLB problem, that's owners not caring for their team's problem.

Again, that could be dealt with by revenue sharing.

You can make statistics say anything, I dont thinik that your comparision stands up when you consider that the starters on a MLB team consist of 9 + 5 = 14 and the starters on a NFL team almost double that.

Actually the Reds have a 40-man roster they pay for and many many stars in the minors that are under Reds payroll (i.e. Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce). NFL teams only pay who's on their team whereas MLB teams pay for many players in the minors as well as their pro team.

I think blaming MLB for no salary cap is an easy cop out to hate the sport. The only thing that MLB suffers from is that small market teams don't get the cut as small market NFL teams.

But that's my point. Most NFL teams pay more than most MLB teams. Consider, again, there's 12 MLB that pay LESS than NFL teams. Call it what it is, you have a problem with the Yankees spending, but the only problem MLB has is that the low end owners DO NOT spend. That's not an MLB problem, that's owners not caring for their team's problem.

Actually the Reds have a 40-man roster they pay for and many many stars in the minors that are under Reds payroll (i.e. Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce). NFL teams only pay who's on their team whereas MLB teams pay for many players in the minors as well as their pro team.

I think blaming MLB for no salary cap is an easy cop out to hate the sport. The only thing that MLB suffers from is that small market teams don't get the cut as small market NFL teams.

Granted, teams like tampa bay abuse the system, but you can only spend what you make, and in these smaller markets they don't have near the resources to compete. if the Yankees win every year with an even playing feild , so be it. But even it up for the rest of the teams. make it a equal playing ground.

Granted, teams like tampa bay abuse the system, but you can only spend what you make, and in these smaller markets they don't have near the resources to compete.

EXACTLY my point about revenue SHARING, NOT salary cap.

I got to agree with Kirk, Look at all of the money we spent. You'd think that we would "buy" the World Series every year. My boys have not won in six years.

........by starting this thread I didnt mean to be sticking the yankee tradition in anyones face, like other NYers. I was just very pumped that we swept our rivals at the time......and very drunk too!

I know baseball is a sore issue around here, because the Reds have been struggling the last few years, but like I said, Ive followed Griffey Jr. all my life so Im rooting for your Reds to pull out a playoff spot and hopefully get to the World Series!!!