The Reds in August

ArmyBengal

Well, we lost a long one in 14 innings to open the Phillies series, but this is what we have left...

2 more at the Phillies

3 at the Cardinals

3 with the Pirates at home

3 with the Astros at home

4 at the Giants

3 at the Dodgers

We seemed to do better on the road, but we are only 2 games above .500 on the road for the year and right at .500 at home. We have lost 7 of our last 11 and need to pullit together and SOON !!! Obviously the Cards series is going to be a big one again as usual, but the Astros are pulling close again and the Dodgers took it to us the last series.

The month of September appears to be better as far as the ease of schedule, but once again, we have to stop bullsh*tting around and start putting it to these guys if we are going to make a serious run at the playoffs. What do you guys think about this one ??

WHODEY !!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Army, I think Roger sits out the last 2 first halves of the season on purpose so he can be fresh the second half...What you think...smart move huh??? :huh:

The Reds get the win 9-7 tonight... Freel goes 2-4 with 3 RBI's and Phillips goes 3-4 with a homer. Michalak gets the win. I know I've been gone for a week, but who the hell is Michalak ???

WHODEY !!!

They just called him up from AAA today. He was a starter there, will be middle relief here. Mercker is back on the DL, which prompted the move, I think.

Well, the Reds lost the opener 5-0... Not exactly the kind of effort I was expecting out of them in a series THIS HUGE !!!

WHODEY !!!

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed last night, but hey...it's baseball, it happens. Here's hoping they bounce back tonight.

I'll tell you what, though. If our top pitchers don't start picking things up soon, it's going to be a really rough ride. They haven't done much of anything for quite a while now.

its 1-1 now in the top of the eighth...phillips just lead the inning off with a double, hopefully we take the lead.

griffey hit a solo shot in the seventh for our only run. what a great at bat it was...12 pitches!!! he fouled off 7 pitches in a row prior to his homer...hes been struggling lately and his parents are both ill...but this is what he brings to the team. we had 1 hit prior to his at bat and he did all he could to get on base. hes a fighter even if he isnt as good as when he was a mariner, hes still a top player. if he gets it going down the stretch it will be awesome for us.

That's what I was saying about the month of September... Much easier road to travel !!! Still would've liked to have won the Cards series though !!!

WHODEY !!!

I went to the first game and Carpenter was spooky good. Nice stadium too, although i confess to liking GABP better.

The Reds get 4 in the bottom of the 8th to take the first game against the Astros 4-3. Arroyo failed to get the win (worrysome) and Schoeneweis got the save... Gained a half game against the idle Cardinals and are now 2 games back in the Central.

WHODEY !!!

Thought that was gonna slip away. It's still cool talking about the reds this close to september