10 Game Homestand

ArmyBengal

Ok, in my mind, the next 10 games are going to be huge for us. We have the Dodgers for 3, the Braves for 3, and then the Cards for 4. The Cards series will be WAAAAAAY important and may go a long way to determine who goes to the playoffs. To lose the series or (God forbid) a sweep by the Cards would be devastating not only in the Division, but the Wild Card as well, as the D-Backs have been playing some ball lately (14 of their last 20)...

After this series, the rest of the way all through September (APPEARS) to be an easier go of things, but of course we have to play the whole "Wait and See" thing. I'm just happy to be having this discussion at this point of the season !!!

WHODEY !!!

We have struggled some outside the NL Central this season. Hopefully we can put some good wins together against the Dodgers and Braves. The stadium is probably going to be pretty packed. We're playing much better at home lately than we were earlier in the season too.

We've owned the Cards and Astros this season. We need that to continue down the stretch more than ever.

This is a great point. No doubt this next week and a half is HUGE!. Add to that the mini 6 game roadtrip that immediately follows ... one that includes a stop in Philly and then to StL, and you have the makings of the biggest 17 day stretch in many years for the Reds. Much can change between now and the night of the 17th ... negative or positive. Here's hoping we take 4 or 5 of those 7 from the Cards, plus several others. Man, wouldn't it be great to have a 2 game lead in the division on the night of the 17th?

What's that smell? I think it's baseball in mid October. I like it!

I like the rest of you guys its cool talking bout this stuff in AUG. and with new pick-ups on the "P" staff I think we will be ok. BY THE WAY MOST OF THE SO CALLED EXPERTS SAID the Reds did the best on trading on the trade deadline. They said were all the teams were looking for pitching the reds came up with they needed. Lets see we got 5 new guys this month for the bull pen sweet. Im looking for a great homestand and wish i could make to some of the games but this new trucking job i got is keeping me real busy. So I just gonna have to isten to them on the oh radio while im out there driving allnight. But I can live with having to listen to oh MARTY B. its not to bad.... :sure:

I'm getting a bit worried right about now. Bronson is struggling, and I feel a bit of that pre-All-Star game slump coming back around...

Agreed. I love to be an optimist, but I do see cause for concern.

It's nice to have the bullpen so much improved, but as we were all saying when the season started... The starting rotation has to hold up. I'm not sure it can.

I don't think it's anymore important than other games. We're still close on taking over the NL Central and the Cards are struggling. If we can win 2 games from the Cards, we should be ok as long as we play to the percentages.

BTW, I'll be heading to a few games during the homestand (probably two for the Cards). Is anyone else going?

Adam Dunn is sooooooooooooooooo freaking sad it aint funny!!!!! :angry: This team(Dodgers cept for a few players) doesnt have any one on there ive heard of??? :wacko:

Well, the Reds hang on to win 5-4 and baek the losing streak. Guadardo packed the bases in the 9th with no outs and the got a shallow pop up and then a double play ball to end it and get Harang his 12th and "Everyday Eddie" gets his 7th save. Nice start to this series !!!

WHODEY !!!

Well after they big inning on friday night it looks like the Reds are back to hitting a little better and win again on sat. thanks to Brandons 2 Hrs. But the cards finally win, but we still close and looking a little better. Cmon Reds we need a big win today and keep up the "MO" going into the St. Louis SERIES.... :sure:

Nice to see Phillips doing well again. Anyone else liking the fact we are beating the Braves for a change ?? They usually own us. Lets keep the win streak going !!!

WHODEY !!!

Living in Nashville, I'm surrounded by Atlanta fans. Outside of seeing the Reds win, watching the Braves struggle is my favorite thing about baseball. Needless to say, baseball has been a pretty unpleasant experience for me throughout the past decde or so. ;)