Big Ben wrecks/gets released/admits his mistake

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what i been waiting to see happen to the steelers they all laughed a us when carson went down

atleast carson isn't a dumbass like big ben .

so this news hopefully he might miss some time this seaon but it all depends on his injures which just heard does not seem to serious right now. besides having a bloody face

Anyone know of a link that's not dead? That TV station's server is melting as all the Squealer fans in the country panic simultaneously.

This is the last thing posted on the link with the picture.

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_163114722.html

benscycle6mc.jpg

"Jun 12, 2006 12:04 pm US/Eastern

Steelers: Big Ben Injured In Motorcycle Accident

(KDKA) PITTSBURGH The Pittsburgh Steelers have now confirmed that Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle accident on Second Avenue, near the intersection with the 10th Street Bridge.

The accident happened around 11:30am.

According to an eyewitness, he was not wearing a helmet when he flew over the handlebars and hit his head on the windshield of a car. The witness tells KDKA he said his name was Ben and he seemed groggy.

She says he was bleeding from his head.

He has been taken to Mercy Hospital.

At this point, officials are not yet commenting on the victim's condition.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)"

It doesn't seem too bad if he was able to say his name and such. You aren't allowed to do stupid stuff like this if you have a NFL contract, correct?

Most contracts stipulate the player is not allowed to participate in high risk activities like hang gliding, rock climbing, motorcycling, etc. It can void the contract (or cause a player to give alot back like Winslow). That will not occur in this case, and I doubt the Steelers do much to him. Especially if he doesn't miss much time on the field.

Wow, I just heard from a co-worker about this. By the sounds of it, he is going to be fine, but could have been a lot worse. That is why you wear a helmet.

New on ESPN:

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was involved in a motorcycle accident in Pittsburgh on Monday morning.

"He was alert and conscious," said Ernie Roman, shift commander for the Allegheny County emergency service.

Witnesses told authorities that the player's motorcycle collided with a car near a downtown intersection and that Roethlisberger's head hit the windshield and was bleeding. Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet when riding.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported that Roethlisberger wasn't wearing a helmet. In previous interviews, Roethlisberger has said that he does not like wearing a helmet while wearing a motorcycle.

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports that early indications are the injuries are not life-threatening.

One of his agents, Ryan Tollner, is in route to Pittsburgh for what was supposed to be a pre-planned trip and will arrive later Monday.

One witness told KDKA television that Roethlisberger was conscious but appeared disoriented before he was taken from the scene to Mercy Hospital.

A Steelers spokesman is at the hospital and confirmed Roethlisberger is being treated there, but wouldn't provide additional details.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2480830

This doesn't sound life threatening, so that's good... but shut about about the happiness crap. That is what a Steeler fan would do. I never am happy to hear about injuries... especially ones like this that can be potentially very serious.

I don't wish any injury upon any player,karma comment was ment for steeler fans who took pride in carsons injury so they know how it feels about what they were laughing at.

Watching live coverage in Pittsburgh right now. There really is little information on his status. I absolutely, positively hate the Steelers, Pittsburgh, and everything about it ... BUT ... I hope and expect he will be o.k. Screw football ... screw these idiot fans and city ... I hope this guy is alright. In any case, they are saying he was 't-boned' by a lady in a car as he was heading to practice. He hit his head on her windshield and then again on the pavement. He was seen holding his teeth on as he sat on the pavement, with a lot of blood on his head and face. He was taken to a nearby hospital but they are refusing to give a status yet. More to come.

headwounds blled like crazy. If he hit his head, then it could be serious...if he could talk and walk, then he will probably be OK. If he did not lose consciousness and did not have obvious breaks (like a leg or arm) then if I were a Steeler fan, I would not worry so much.

He is a complete dunce for not wearing a helmet.

Interview with bus driver who saw him hit the ground (but didn't see the actual crash):

"I saw it when he hit the ground. He was trying to get back up. I let him know to stay down. He said he didn't know who he was. He finally said he was Ben. I didn't know it was Ben Roethlisburger. He didn't look like Ben. The back of his head was open and there was a cut over his right eye. He was holding his teeth."