B.Williams, B.Taylor & new logos

ntpou

I am hoping Taylor didn't sign with anyone yet. Seattle. Still looking for new logosHaven't been able to see a good picture on our helmets. Any movement on D.Gardneror B.Taylor or B.Williams. We are not in a good position right now. Hope we land Taylor.

Little help

I am hoping Taylor didn't sign with anyone yet. Seattle. Still looking for new logosHaven't been able to see a good picture on our helmets. Any movement on D.Gardneror B.Taylor or B.Williams. We are not in a good position right now. Hope we land Taylor.

Little help

See " Now What " by R-U-D-I ........ DenverBengal .... Chris et. al. have some pretty good takes and info on the guys you're talking about.

Haven't been able to see a good picture on our helmets.

Our helmets are not slated to change at all. From DDN, "The club also said it will unveil a new uniform design on April 22. However, the new design won't change the striped helmet.". It may invert the colors, but if they planned on doing that, I imagine they wouldn't have directly said no change on the helmet.

I've been watching the kffl wire today for news out of Seattle. According to reports this a.m., Taylor to Seattle was almost a done deal; expectations were it'd get done today. Nothing yet, tho. You don't suppose Mikey is trying to pull an "Al Davis," do you?

(No, I don't either. )

I've been watching the kffl wire today for news out of Seattle. According to reports this a.m., Taylor to Seattle was almost a done deal; expectations were it'd get done today. Nothing yet, tho. You don't suppose Mikey is trying to pull an "Al Davis," do you?

(No, I don't either. )

You mean that another big time free agent is going to another team? Unheard of! Has the age of helplessism passed us up yet?

Seattle was supposed to have already signed this guy ..... They're moving kinda' slow,or Taylor just wants too much money!

Don't have a lot of info on B. Williams, not sure what they expect to sign him too, would still rather draft a guy and bring in Ruben Brown for a couple of seasons...He may want too much money too though, like asking MIke Brown to validate parking usually turns him away from negotiations. :angry:

Seattle was supposed to have already signed this guy ..... They're moving kinda' slow,or Taylor just wants too much money!

Something is going on. First they were close last Friday, then they were close yesterday, and today...well, they're still "close," with Seattle officials "cautiously optomistic" they'll reach a deal "perhaps" as early as today, according to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. The PI says Taylor's agent hasn't returned media calls in two days because negotiations have reached "the sensitive stage," whaever the hell that means.

Something is going on. I dunno whether the Bengals are involved in it, but there's no reason this should drag on & we're the only other team linked to Taylor. :ph34r:

• Rams add another QB with signing of Chandler

• Volek stays with Titans in four-year, $6.8M deal

• Lynch agrees to 3-year, $9M deal with Broncos

• With Lynch out of picture, Jets pick up Tongue

• Law: Belichick lied in negotiations | Motion

• 'Silver and Black and Warren Sapp' together

• Tuesday roundup: Steelers release Alexander

• Vikings DE Mixon convicted of drunken driving

Wire | More News

----------------------------------------------------------

these are the latest nfl headlines on espn. There isn't anything about the Taylor signing... I would like to think that Cincy' is trying to land him !

I would like to think that Cincy' is trying to land him !

Why? To play Nickel??? I think the staff feel pretty damn certain about Weathersby starting opposite James come opening day...Plus I think the kid should be given a chance to start...He was a legit first rounder until the shooting....The shooting didn't do anything except keep him off the field this past year....I really think that he's gonna be the corner that we need on the defense, not Taylor (and they did mention something about taylor signing with the seahawks on the bengals page) And to be honest I feel pretty good about Terrell Roberts and Reggie Myles as Nickel and Dime cb's.

I'd much rather see the team address the woeful d line...that will make our corners look amazing when they actually have a pass rush....

If they were completely resolved about Weathersby starting across James, they wouldn't have tried to land Vincent,and Taylor in the first place.

--

Weathersby has the skill to push for the nickel job easily, and Alvin Porter would be a good 4th.

--Roberts is tough but small, and Reggie Myles is nothing more than our special teams captain.! Myles doesn't really offer any coverage abilities at all, and Roberts will probably be the one on the way out if a Corner is drafted regardless of whether or not we signed a FA one anyways!!

--last season we had 10 players in the secondary... Burris,Hawkins,Weathersby,James,Roberts,Myles,Beckett, Kaesviharn,Roman and Manuel..... This year we may not keep that many .

James is a lock,Weathersby probably as well.

Porter...?? Roberts..?? Myles is a lock to play special teams.

Herring,Manuel..??? Kaesviharn isn't a lock either..?

---ML and LF are basically revamping the entire secondary.

I would like to think that Cincy' is trying to land him !

Why? To play Nickel??? I think the staff feel pretty damn certain about Weathersby starting opposite James come opening day...Plus I think the kid should be given a chance to start...He was a legit first rounder until the shooting....The shooting didn't do anything except keep him off the field this past year....I really think that he's gonna be the corner that we need on the defense, not Taylor (and they did mention something about taylor signing with the seahawks on the bengals page) And to be honest I feel pretty good about Terrell Roberts and Reggie Myles as Nickel and Dime cb's.

I'd much rather see the team address the woeful d line...that will make our corners look amazing when they actually have a pass rush....

Been keeping an eye on this one too. Hobson made reference to Taylor going to the hawks when it "looked like a deal would be done Monday" ........ well it wasn't, and as far as I can tell still isn't. I think his assumption was a bit premature.

Signing Taylor is ( would be ) a plus. Even if Weathersby does pan out, it's better to have a combination of the veterans and the new guys. Weathersby is going to draw a lot of attention when he is put in and it would be great to have a vet around to show him the ropes. It also gives us the depth which has been a real weak spot for us.