Dillon

B24

Dillon is really starting to worry me. He hasn't played much in the last three games due to injury.

Maybe he should sit next week and give Rudi the start. That'll give him two weeks to recover. Or maybe he could be used in just certain situations next week. I'd rather him sit and have him the rest of the season after the bye, than something happen and he's lost for a lot more games.

I don't think Dillon wants out now, he's put in too many good years to just throw it all away. I think he feels that the Bengals are on the rise, and will be able to go deep into the playoffs next year. He got hurt and didn't let his injury heal all the way so that's why he keeps getting hurt, you can't pull a groin muscle and be 100% in a week. He'll be back after the bye week feeling better and will probably have a huge game.

I just read he in it for the long haul and can see the POT OF GOLD at the end of MARVIN LEWIS's RAINBOW - he wants to rest and heal up for the next 3 weeks so he wont play next week agenst the BILLS then the BYE week and then get ready for the next game ( 3 weeks off and only miss 1 game )

It's a tough break but I think sitting Corey is the right decision. Given all the changes on the team in the offseason, it was pretty likely that they'd start slow and improve as they got more used to working together. I'd rather lose Corey for one game now then have him play hurt, get hurt worse, and lose him for the rest of the way.

As for whether he wants out, no, I don't think so, not directly. He wants wins. He's a lot like Marvin Lewis in at least one respect: he sees better than he hears. And he's heard it all again and again and again his whole time here. Now, he's finally starting to see it -- and I think being on the sidelines like this is just killing him. I would not want to be the team he comes back 100% against!