What will be opening day WR corp???

AMC

With the Henry situation and McNeal in the mix, how does our WR corp seem to be shaping up???

1) CJ

2) TJ

3) Washington

4) Chapman

5) Tab

6) McNeal

Where does Henry fit if and when he comes back????

KWashed up? Not a chance. Henry in that spot unless this year's burners impress. Apparently the track-guy from LSU (Brazill?) impressed with speed and hands.

1. The Chad

2. TJ Whosyourdaddy!

3. Career Up in Smoke!

4. Antonio ChaTman

5. Tab Perry

6. McNeil

I'll go with that as well !!!

WHODEY !!!

I'll flip flop Tab Perry and Chatman. I think tab will get an increased role in the offense and get a chance to shine.

Can you REALLY distinquish who's #4 vs. #5 and #6 when their main roles will be on special teams?

Chris Henry will be suspended the 1st 4 games of the season, and will not "count".

I'm not even certain of that. If he does end up suspended for a few weeks, then it could be a blessing in disguise (albeit a small one). I suspect Washington will be gone by then either way, so it could open up a few roster options at WR on the roster... Kilmer (yeah he's listed at safety, but I think he could benefit from Henry's situation regardless) and/or Brazell could both get some looks the first few weeks on special teams and have added chances to prove their worth over the likes of McNeal or Chatman.

Obviously that isn't worth the loss of our 2nd best vertical threat, but the roses smell prettier in TDB land.

K-Wash will be gone reguardless...HOPEFULLY we get someone to give us a draft pick for him, otherwise he will be cut to make room for a young, fast guy that is cheaper AND will play special teams too. Just cause they signed him to a contract doesn't mean he won't get cut.

I see

#1- Chad

#2- TJ

#3- Henry, but will miss some games so we won't really count him on the roster yet

#4- Chatman

#5- Tab

#6- McNeal

#7 (really #6 because Henry) - a Battle between Brazell, Brussard, and Pk Sams...with Brazell having the best chance seeing that PK isn't needed for special teams returns as much with Chatman in town and the fact Brussard isn't doing squat in NFL Europe.

:sure:

Kwash is done...traded for a pick somewhere between here and September.

I think they keep 7 WR....really 6 but with the option to bring in Cheech.

CJ - duh

TJ - duh

AC - duh

TP - duh

RM - lots of versatiltiy...returning if Tab gets in on the Offensive Schemes

PKSam - big, talented...good 5th/6th WR and ST player.

&

Cheech..whenever

PK is the obvious choice to get cut once Chech returns...

Practice Squad

Brazell - wicked fast...just too raw

CUt

Warfield

Broussard

Holt Bennett

#7 (really #6 because Henry) - a Battle between Brazell, Brussard, and Pk Sams...with Brazell having the best chance seeing that PK isn't needed for special teams returns as much with Chatman in town and the fact Brussard isn't doing squat in NFL Europe.

Agreed. KWash and this last spot are the only real question marks.

And how quickly Henry works his way back onto the active roster. Could be Chatman and Tab keep him on the bench a few extra weeks.

Which of the 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 WR's on the roster will make the team ??

The top 4 or 5 will be the only ones that get more than a handful of catches the other guys will be inactive most of the time even if they make the team which is why it makes no sense to draft 3 more WR's and pass on some good prospects when you are drafting for a spot you do not need!!!

1. The Chad

2. TJ Whosyourdaddy!

3. Career Up in Smoke!

4. Antonio ChaTman

5. Tab Perry

6. McNeil

WHODEY !!!

I'll flip flop Tab Perry and Chatman. I think tab will get an increased role in the offense and get a chance to shine.

Can you REALLY distinquish who's #4 vs. #5 and #6 when their main roles will be on special teams?

The #6 will be inactive on game days.

Big News on NFL Network tonight talking about all the teams that are desperate for vet WRs...

TB

Denver (Lelie now holding out, says won't play for Den, period)

Jax (Smith retired)

others

All the teams looking to trade are asking for big bucks (high picks)

so my guess is that we have not seen the last of the KWash trade talks, proably a 4th/5th or maybe conditional set of picks, but my guess is that he will be gone before training camps open.

Mike Warfield was just released, so now we have only 12 listed WRs on the roster. :lol:

My.02:

CJ

TJ

Henry

Tab

Chatman

McNeal/Brazell

What were the terms of Chatman signing? Big signing bonus/guaranteed money?

==>> Okay, found this: http://kffl.com/player/7902/nfl

$250,000 signing and workout bonuses, about 750,000 - 1 mil per year for 2 years; this guy could get beat out...

My guess is that this guy could be the odd man out with all the speed and talent that has been brought in. Do you really want to risk the size/speed/versatility of McNeal/Brazell clearing waivers and going to the practice squad? Besides, any team can still sign any team's PS players.

Just a thought...

Nice set of problems to have, arguing about the last two or three spots on the 53 man roster that will never make the 45 man game day active roster baring injury.

:flex:

Yep, that's the really really REALLY big news of the day :-)

Poor guy....is there a worse situation in the NFL to try to catch on as a WR than here in Cincinnati?

--------------------

Bengals | Warfield waived

Thu, 18 May 2006 13:20:31 -0700

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced the team has waived rookie WR Mike Warfield.

chatman will not be cut or waived or PS'd or whatever. all i have to say is 5.6 yds per punt return is what the bengals avgd last year...last in the league. that is the reason he was signed.

chatman will not be cut or waived or PS'd or whatever. all i have to say is 5.6 yds per punt return is what the bengals avgd last year...last in the league. that is the reason he was signed.

I agree with you in principle. Chatman will certainly be an improvement over Ratliff in the punt return game. The real question is if McNeal can be impressive as well. If McNeal is as athletic as he looks in those videos, he should be able to get the job done adequately, and we can all agree that McNeal has more long-term potential than Chatman.

Chatman will probably not make much of an impact as a pure WR. He'll be pretty far down on the depth chart, and if it means letting one of our rookies go to make room for him, I'd rather have the rookie. Both can make immediate impacts on ST, which is the main reason Chatman was signed to begin with, so perhaps the need we were addressing when we signed him has vanished. Only time will tell. I imagine he'll make the team... but I won't be shocked if he's cut.

1. The Chad

2. TJ Whosyourdaddy!

3. Career Up in Smoke!

4. Antonio ChaTman

5. Tab Perry

6. McNeil

WHODEY !!!

When a team plays 4 WR sets or is using 3 alot :P the 4th will get chances to catch+ if someone is hurt for few weeks like TJ last year

Just to be different

1.)Chad

2.)TJ

3.)Henry

4.)Tperry

5.)Mccneal

6.)Brazell

If Chatman(avg 8.2) earns the PR spot then I'm sure he'll stick,but the job isen't gonna be handed to him Brazell,mcneal or whitehead(if he wants beat out watson) could make a run for the job...Hell I woulden't rule out Rat chatman has 8.2 career avg rat has 8.1 so if he can turn it on like his rookie season(12.4) he'll compete for it