Compensation Picks

Something that might please Bengal fans, The loss of Takeo Spikes will garner us at least a 3rd round compensation pick in this year's draft....according to Football.com's D.J. Boyer.

----TWO things...

1. If Clarett is available we should select him !

2. Alex Stepanovich,Madieu Williams, Mathias Askew or Tommy Kelly should definitely be considered if availabe.

The guaranteed 3rd rounder means cincy' has at least 8 picks come april and 4 on the first day before a Dillon trade or Kitna trade etc..

--Also.. T.J. Houshmanzadeh is garnering interest and could leave via Free Agency.. His compensation would be a 7th rounder this year .

Something that might please Bengal fans, The loss of Takeo Spikes will garner us at least a 3rd round compensation pick in this year's draft....according to Football.com's D.J. Boyer.

----TWO things...

2. Alex Stepanovich,Madieu Williams, Mathias Askew or Tommy Kelly should definitely be considered if availabe.

The guaranteed 3rd rounder means cincy' has at least 8 picks come april and 4 on the first day before a Dillon trade or Kitna trade etc..

--Also.. T.J. Houshmanzadeh is garnering interest and could leave via Free Agency.. His compensation would be a 7th rounder this year .

That's definitely good news to me, knowing our coaching staff now, we'll extract a gem out of the draft.....last years' was on of the best that i could remember.....could you imagine if we had 3 third rounders (one compensation and CD trade) trade those for a 2nd rounder.....man....if we can get rid of Dillon well be in good shape I think...IF we do draft Clarett, i say we sit his monkey ass on the sidelines for the season....as a backup policy to Rudi...he's earned the right to start...

Chris that's great news. What do they go by and could it be better than a 3rd? I'm sure its on his stats but does the fact they had the #2 defense come into play? Thanks for the insight! :D

----TWO things...

First things first....I told ya so :D

Second, here we go with the Clarret thing again... ;)

Damn, you Ohio boys are rather biased....

The very fact that we might get a draft pick for TJ makes me want to do a dance....What team is that desperate to sign him in a year where the draft is so deep at WR??? :blink:

Now if we get a 2nd for Dillon, and a 3rd for Kit...It's all good....

Yes you did Kevnz, and Like I said, I would do the research to prove it true or false. It wasn't easy either trying to get responses from guys like Pat Kirwan,Gil Brandt, Vic Carrucci, and more. --As a matter of fact, D.J. Boyer was the one that broke the information to me,and in another Post I gave all due credit to you Kevnz...

--To answer your question Who Dey, Compensation picks vary as to what the nfl determines what their worth is, based on value of player lost, salary said player signs for, and round player was originally drafted in,his "tag" such as the transition tag we placed on him,and length of his original contract.

I.E.... Takeo Spikes was a 1st round draft pick that was transitioned ,that signed for " the average of the top 5 salaries at his position or Franshised tag worth which was higher in value to his transition tag;and he was Bengal for 5 seasons.

--as for the T.J. signing.. it was rumored on Draftx.com several days ago.

* D.J.Boyer has a new mock that was posted today, it has us taking Tommie Harris in round 1. Round 2 and 3 I don't agree with, but the Harris pick was at the least interesting.

Oh and to answer your other question Who-dey.. The highest pick that can be awarded as a compensation pick is a 3rd. 7 round picks are usually awarded if a certain number of Free agents are lost, something that we could gain this year as well. Next week will be the official announcement.

Yes you did Kevnz, and Like I said, I would do the research to prove it true or false. It wasn't easy either trying to get responses from guys like Pat Kirwan,Gil Brandt, Vic Carrucci, and more. --As a matter of fact, D.J. Boyer was the one that broke the information to me,and in another Post I gave all due credit to you Kevnz...

Hey congrats on the hard work....I'm too lazy to go to that kind of trouble, my hats off to yah.

Besides, I'm wrong enough to not trust me either. :D