f**k YOU SAPP f**k YOU

jditty47

Sapp, 31, has agreed on a seven-year contract worth $36.6 million with the Raiders. He will receive $7 million to sign the contract.

I think this is an extreme in my opinion. If the Bengals had given up this amount over 7 years to a 31 year old, I couldn't have said, "I agree". I think we just need to look at the draft and the June 1st cuts. One way of looking at it is at least we drove the price up so the Ravens couldn't touch him. That would have been devastating. We are going to be fine without Sapp. Honestly would have loved having him, but am still SOOOO psyched about this upcoming season.

WHO FREAKIN DEY !!!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw Warren. If he doesn't really wanna be here, then let him chase his money. We'll move on and be fine without him. Does anybody know anything about possible players getting cut after June 1?

Sapp, 31, has agreed on a seven-year contract worth $36.6 million with the Raiders. He will receive $7 million to sign the contract.

I think this is an extreme in my opinion.

Extreme is one word. "Insane" is another. It's basically what Sapp said he wanted weeks ago: $5-6 million a year and an $8 million bonus. The Raiders just said "okey-doke" and handed him the money -- blowing our $4 mil/year, $3 million SB offer out of the water in the process.

That's why I can't get too worked up about Sapp taking the deal. He'd have been stupid not to. Had it been a deal for less or the same or just a little more I'd be livid...but there isn't much you can do when another team comes along and hand the guy everything he wants, carte blanche.

Which is, to me, the weirdest thing about this whole deal: the Raiders could have just comfortably topped our offer, Say a five-year deal for about $23 million including a $5 million SB or something like that. What's up with the giant cap-buster deal from Al Davis? Doesn't make sense.

Well, if there is bright spot in this, at least he didn't sign for less money then what the Bengals were offering....But it still sucks, cause it don't do nothing for the teams national image.... :angry:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=1764272

The seven-year contract, completed after very long Friday night and Saturday bargaining sessions by phone, will pay Sapp $36.6 million. About $7 million of that will come in the form of guaranteed bonuses.

League sources said that the contract is not severely back loaded and will pay Sapp more than $14 million in its first three years and in excess of $19 million the first four years. For the front part of the contract, such a distribution is superior to some of the deals signed by defensive tackles earlier in free agency.

All yours, Al. <_<

I for one thought the price was too steep for the current Sapp. His numbers will continue to decline along with his play. When we look back at it I think we will all be happy we didn't waste the money.

I still hate the fact players continue to use the Bengals to sweeten deals. I hope this trend ends soon. Whatever DT we draft will be a more productive player over the next 3 years than Sapp and I would bet money on it! ;)