f**k YOU SAPP f**k YOU

jditty47

Raiders | Sapp Agrees to Seven-year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:59:57 -0800

Jay Glazer, of SportsLine.com, reports the Oakland Raiders have agreed to terms with free agent DT Warren Sapp (Buccaneers) on a seven-year, $36.6 million deal.

Im so f**kin angry right now...sorry if i offended anyone by cussing but im so livid. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sapp reverses field, to sign with Raiders

March 20, 2004

By Jay Glazer

SportsLine.com Senior Writer

The biggest name remaining in free agency has been taken off the market thanks to a last-minute push by a fitting team.

SportsLine.com has learned that Warren Sapp has agreed to a seven-year $36.6 million deal with the Oakland Raiders.

"I'm a Raider," said Sapp when contacted on his cell phone. Sapp, however, would not elaborate on the terms of the deal or comment when the deal would be announced.

The Bengals had offered $16 million over four years with a signing bonus that exceeded $4 million. Sapp also had marginal interest from a few other teams.

The Ravens star defender Ray Lewis and defensive coordinator Mike Nolan made a strong push to their front office to sign Sapp but the perennial Pro Bowler said wanted to have a new home by Monday morning.

Sapp awoke on Saturday morning to an offer from a team he has long stated he believed he belonged with -- the Silver and Black. He joins Ted Washington, another Pro Bowl DT, in the Raiders new defensive line under head coach Norv Turner.

Once again we are used only as leverage. We reatin the rep of being the Siberia of the NFL. I get thinking Marvin could dig us out of the pits of hell was not in order. Not that I thought we should match that rediculous offer. Who do we go after now??? Theres nobody left

So sapp said he wanted to play somewhere where he could get another ring and a ride to canton well thats not goin to happen in oakland screw sapp that fat bastard but seriously we all knew deep down inside it was yo good to be true also i dont think oakland is sexier than cinci oh well lets keep our heads held high boys were bengals damnit! :ph34r:

That sucks....

You have got to close the deal....Someone is always willing to pay more money...You have to cease the moment and CLOSE THE DEAL.

No duh Smiz. Tell us something we don't know all too well by now. And you're right, it does SUCK! :(

If sign Bobby Taylor and a safety (Beckett hopefully) we are fine... We can then draft a DT in the first or second rd (Wilfolk probably wont be there, but it would be great if he is)... We can go CB or OG w/ the other pick that we do not on a DT and get one of the toptwo C'S in the third... Of course, you have to somewhat let the draft come to you not always select peurly on need, so that would be a best case scenerio... All hope is not lost, but getting Taylor now would be a nice start... I have to admit that Sapp was intriguing, but he is a di*k and if we gave him a 7-year deal it would have been stupid for a once awesome (and still great) DT on the decline...

I wonder if our di*khead (Corey Dillion) called that Sapp di*khead and had any influence...?? Corey may have told him Cincy was hell and Corey still hopes to be a Raider himself... just a thought...

espn.com has it right now...

I wonder if our di*khead (Corey Dillion) called that Sapp di*khead and had any influence...?? Corey may have told him Cincy was hell and Corey still hopes to be a Raider himself... just a thought...

Whoa. :blink: Talk about a conspiracy theory! I doubt it.

Forget free agents! Bring on the draft! (Damn...I can't believe I'M saying that!) :lol:

It's true, tho. Face it, there isn't much left in the FA pool. Marion and Lynch are about it -- but without a d-line or improvement at CB I can't get too excited about signing an aging safety. I'd rather resign Beckett and see if we can't continue to develop him.

At this point, I think the FA period has pretty much been a failure for the bengals. They've cut a bunch of starters and failed to replace them. They've signed a few players who don't appear to represent much more than slight improvements over their predecessors. They failed to land a vet corner or DT. And Jax forced them to overpay to retain their kicker.

Not good at all.

At this point, I think the FA period has pretty much been a failure for the bengals.

I wouldn't say "failure", but it sure as hell could have been better. I think signing Nate Webster was the only bright spot. Let's hope we fare better come draft day. We need defensive linemen in the WORST POSSIBLE WAY!! B)