NBA Playoffs

San Antonio Bengal

Biggest game in Cleveland history tonight., and maybe Dallas to!!!! They both have to come out with both barrels blazing tonight :2guns:

But Dallas has already shot itself in the foot with Jason Terry being suspended. It's not the end of the world, but it's not an easy thing to lose a guy who puts in 40 minutes and 20 points a night.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Dallas has already shot itself in the foot with Jason Terry being suspended. It's not the end of the world, but it's not an easy thing to lose a guy who puts in 40 minutes and 20 points a night.

I'd say Terry shot Dallas in the foot. Mark Cuban/Avery Johnson must have given him Hell.

I've been having a heated debate with a guy at work about whether lebron is the better player or not. Here's where we hit a snag. If you just compare how many years they been in the league (both after three) then I give it to MJ. But MJ was 24-25 after three years in the NBA while LBJ is 21, in that sense you gotta give the edge to LBJ as to who's the best player at thier respective age.

Here's wher I think Lebron wins, he has the ability to make his teamates so much better that they are. Jordan was a scorer, Lebron right now is a basketball player, and his learning curve is moving way faster than Mj's right now. Of course, I'm the guy that argues that MJ isn't the best player ever, just the best scorer. Best player goes to my man Big O, because he did it all, rebounding, passing, playing defense, everything. Just like Lebron.

BTW, i can't believe the Cavs have the chance to make it to the Eastern Conference final with this squad complementing Lebron. Without LBJ, this team is just absolute garbage.

This is gonna sound kinda rude, but I don't want Larry Hughes to come back to the Cavs during the playoffs. I would rather have him sit it out & come back next year with full health. They play better without him anyways, since they've gotten used to doing that throughout the most part of the regular season. I also wanna say that I love the effort that the Cavs bench is giving. Varajeo, Jones, Marshall, & Murray are all playing very well right now. They just need to keep up the effort & you might see this team in the NBA Finals...

This is gonna sound kinda rude, but I don't want Larry Hughes to come back to the Cavs during the playoffs. I would rather have him sit it out & come back next year with full health. They play better without him anyways, since they've gotten used to doing that throughout the most part of the regular season. I also wanna say that I love the effort that the Cavs bench is giving. Varajeo, Jones, Marshall, & Murray are all playing very well right now. They just need to keep up the effort & you might see this team in the NBA Finals...

There doing more than just playing well. Am I the only one that notices during crunch time half of the Cavs starters are sitting on the bench. They go with Donyell and Vareajo at the end of games instead of Z and Gooden. That tells me a lot.

Gotta have Larry Hughes, he's just gotta quit shooting so much. He's there defensive stopper, he just seems to think he's a better shooter than reality reveals

f**k, i just reread some of this thread and I owe Billy a thousand zone dollars. Can I just put it on your upcoming commisary, Billy (Sorry, i just can't help it) :P

There doing more than just playing well. Am I the only one that notices during crunch time half of the Cavs starters are sitting on the bench. They go with Donyell and Vareajo at the end of games instead of Z and Gooden. That tells me a lot.

Personally, I would rather have Varajeo & Marshall starting over Z and Gooden. I think they bring more to the table offensively.

GAME TIME! I'll be back after the game for my analysis....GO CAVS!!!

Zydrunas Ilgauskas has pissed me off more than anyone else in this series against the Pistons. The guy is 7'3 & he's getting out-rebounded by Lindsey Hunter & Chauncey Billups. He missed 7 defensive rebound opportunities in the last 3 minutes of that game, I counted....I really hope the Cavs get rid of him at the end of the season, there's no way in hell we're gonna win a Game 7 in Detroit now.....

The 4th quarter of the Cavs/Pistons game was a pure crapfest shooting wise for both teams. The difference was Detroits rebounding and Clevelands turnovers. The Cav's need someone else to step up and play with LeBron instead of depending on him to do it all. The "let our superstar win it for us" method didn't work for the Lakers and Kobe either!

Well, the Cavs are done now....It was a good season, a nice improvement over last season. We can only look forward to seeing LeBron James in the playoffs in the future. Hopefully, they'll have a nice draft, make some good FA signings, and come back next year better & healthier.

GO CAVS!

My predictions for the 3 Game 7's are:

Cavs over Pistons

hd1-clevelandcavaliers.jpg

Spurs over Mavs

sa_spurs_logo.jpg

Clippers over Suns

logo_clipp.gif

Oh well you are 3 for 3.... :wacko:

looks like i was 3 for 3...easy when u pick the better teams, the teams that shoulda won this year won. pistons miami and dallas pheonix are the best possible outcomes for conference finals...cant wait!

Not meaning to belittle the Suns here but the best possible outcome for the western conference finals should have been San Antonio vs Dallas. However due to the screwy seeding, that incredible series happened a round too early. In 6 of the 7 games, the game came down to the final possesion in regulation. Two went into overtime. The defending champs had their backs against the wall down 3 - 1 and came back to 3 - 3. They were down by 20 freakin points in the second quarter and came back to take the lead, albeit briefly, in the 4th. I don't remember seeing a series so close and so competitive.

If nothing else, the guys will have a few extra weeks worth of rest this summer. I still don't know how San Antonio set a team record for wins in a season with Duncan's plantar fasciitis and Manu's persistent injuries. At least we finally saw Timmy show up in the playoffs and be the Timmy we know and love. Pop and RC have probably already started on the general manager stuff and hopefully we can bring in some fresh young guys to take the place of our aging vets. Unfortunately, it's going to be a long off season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone saw the west winning, but the Heat held serve at home and are just one win away from the championship. I sure didn't predict that. In fact, my original prediction, even though I wanted Dallas to lose, was Dallas in 5 or 6. After the first two games, I thought there was a good chance that the series wouldn't return to Big D. This is why I don't bet on sports, but I digress. :P

Yeah, I'm loving this !!! All I hear around here is how Dallas got screwed and there was no foul and there was no timeout called. How about you contain Wade for more than one quarter and none of that would have been an issue. As for the foul, Nitwitski clearly had his hand on Wade's back and Howard blocked his path to the hoop, hence the shot being taken off balance. I swear these Dallas fans are related to Steelers fans !!!

WHODEY !!!

I just love how the Dallas fans deny their was any foul and the photos clearly show Nitwit's hand on his back. With that and the misplaced timeout, you have classic Dallas whining. It drives me crazy that AJ can't ever admit to actually losing... Dallas didn't lose, they just made some mistakes. It's amazing how many games they didn't actually lose... they just made some mistakes. :rolleyes:

well the calls were one sided last night...that last one was barely a foul on dirk...and if ur gonna give that one to them, u gotta call em at the other end too the same way. i recall howard and harris both getting fouled without whistles late in the game.

but anyway, onto my point...ya the heat held serve at home...good for them. they still havent showed that they can win in dallas. all dallas has to do now is win at home like the first 2, which they should and its their championship.