NBA Playoffs

San Antonio Bengal

My Spurs finally got rid of that pesky Suns team. It was only 6 games, but it felt like much more. Nevertheless, it was good to face a team that gave us so many match-up problems. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Your Spurs just got done with the Kings, not the Suns....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Spurs finally got rid of that pesky Suns team. It was only 6 games, but it felt like much more. Nevertheless, it was good to face a team that gave us so many match-up problems. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

Your Spurs just got done with the Kings, not the Suns....

Hey now, I would have caught that typo eventually. Too much Suns talk going on. Or maybe I'm just seeing the future where the Spurs beat the Suns in 6 games in the Western conference finals. B)

The Cavs are down 2-0, but it's alright. I didn't expect them to get past Detroit. This will be a learning process for them, and hopefully they can get some extra guys in the offseason & come back stronger next season. I would just like to see them win one game against Detroit, and I'll be satisfied....

melo-lebron600.jpg

The Cavs put up quite a fight down the stretch and on the road last night. It was good to see that. Maybe they have a chance to win one or two of their games in Cleveland, but Detroit looks poised to win in any event.

Whoever gets out of the Western Conference will have quite a tough series on their hands come Finals week.

Whoever gets out of the Western Conference will have quite a tough series on their hands come Finals week.

Whoever gets out of either conference is going to have a fight on their hands. Nobody cruises in the finals!

Who do guys think will advance to the Conference Finals & then the NBA Finals?...

I have Detroit-New Jersey in the East & San Antonio-LA Clippers in the West...

Detroit- San Antonio in the Finals....AGAIN!

And it'll end up looking like this...

pistons%20champions.jpg

I hate the Pistons, they're like the Patriots of the NBA....

Wow. Cleveland has their series with Detroit all tied up now at 2 - 2. I didn't give Cleveland much of a chance, but now this series will go at least 6 games if not 7. It's quite something to see Cleveland actually doing well in the playoffs after years of ineptitude. Same goes for the Clippers.

Anyway, time to settle in and see my Spurs draw even with the Mavs. B)

:sadwalk:

Looks like the lights are about ready to go out. There's not much hope when you're down 3 - 1 and clearly outplayed throughout the series. Dallas is simply a more athletic team and made fewer mistakes. You'd think that with as many veterans as there are on San Antonio, the mental mistakes wouldn't happen, but the Spurs have played sloppy ball all through the playoffs. Regardless of how the season ends, it's time to get rid of the old dead wood on this team that can't keep up any more.

Wow. I never gave the Cavs a chance in this series and they have sure proved me wrong. They have proved they belong. I know they are from Cleveland and all, but GO CAVS!!!!

And San Antonio finally played like San Antonio and got a couple bounces to go their way. It was only a 1 point win, but a win is a win and the series moves to Dallas again. Game 6 is a must win game for both teams. Obviously it's must win for the Spurs to stay alive, but with game 7 being at San Antonio, Dallas must win game 6. I don't see much hope in Dallas winning game 7 at San Antonio especially with the momentum on the Spurs side after a then two-game winning streak. If anything the games will be close yet again.

It seems weird to say it, but the NBA playoffs have actually been pretty exciting this year. Most times, it's ho-hum until at least the conference finals. Now, if only the terrible officiating would improve...

I love the playoffs this season. IMO, it's been more exciting these first 2 rounds than it has been in the past 3 or 4 NBA Finals. Every team shows up every game with that same desire, and these games are all really great. I think the 2006 Playoffs bring an excitement to the NBA that it hasn't had since MJ left......

LJamesDunk_400_060517.jpg

I think the 2006 Playoffs bring an excitement to the NBA that it hasn't had since MJ left......

Indeed, and the only variable to explain that is the presence of his predecessor... LBJ. :sure: (not that all the other series haven't been great as well)

I think the 2006 Playoffs bring an excitement to the NBA that it hasn't had since MJ left......

Indeed, and the only variable to explain that is the presence of his predecessor... LBJ. :sure: (not that all the other series haven't been great as well)

When all is said & done, LBJ will have had a better career than MJ. I said it, it's out there, take it how you want it.....

1249757.jpg

james_jordan.jpg

When all is said & done, LBJ will have had a better career than MJ. I said it, it's out there, take it how you want it.....

I'm a Cavs fan and a LeBron fan, but I won't go quite that far... He might very well put up some better numbers than Jordan did, but winning six championships will be more than a difficult feat to match.

This might be getting off topic, but I will continue with the comparisons of LBJ and MJ... The same conversation was talked about today on Mike and Mike on ESPN and they showed where MJ was better through his first 3 years than LBJ. I will say that this comparison won't be close until LBJ has many more years under his belt along with a few championships and at least one MVP to start. Not to mention regardless of what you think of LBJ (I love watching him) he doesn't play defense anywhere near the level of MJ.

Check back in 5 years to review this argument, because as of right now ---> MJ > LBJ !!!

WHODEY !!!

Biggest game in Cleveland history tonight., and maybe Dallas to!!!! They both have to come out with both barrels blazing tonight :2guns:

I love the playoffs this season. IMO, it's been more exciting these first 2 rounds than it has been in the past 3 or 4 NBA Finals. Every team shows up every game with that same desire, and these games are all really great. I think the 2006 Playoffs bring an excitement to the NBA that it hasn't had since MJ left......

LJamesDunk_400_060517.jpg

Its the new blood in the leauge and the different teams stepping up like Cleve, LA Clippers. Its good to see it.