Who will be the Bengals first draft pick?

1st pick. Leonard Pope

2nd pick. Claude Wroten

(We might have to make this an annual event)

Annual event? Sure, why not!

I'll also say Pope as the 1st pick.

The second pick is always much tougher, but I'll say...DAMN! I concur with Claude too!

Leonard and Claude it is BENGALTHEM! :sure:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is about who Marvin will draft rather than who you want him to draft - although those could be the same guy.

Last year, I was absolutely certain it would be Pollack and wrote a long piece on him on the day before the draft.

This year, I can't get it down to 1, but at least I won't spew up a term paper on either guy

In order of likelihood, as I see it

1) S Donte Whitner

The eventual replacement for Dexter Jackson, and very possibly our starting nickel back. Probably the safest pick for us at 24.

2) DE Manny Lawson (and they'd probably play a lot more 3-4 defense this year if he is indeed the pick)

Would play LDE in obvious passing situations, and would otherwise play on special teams coverage units.

3) Trade down

Preferably, we'd then package the added picks with existing 2nd day picks to pick up one or more additional 3rd rounders, as there is a great deal of value in the late first day.

This is about who Marvin will draft rather than who you want him to draft - although those could be the same guy.

Last year, I was absolutely certain it would be Pollack and wrote a long piece on him on the day before the draft.

This year, I can't get it down to 1, but at least I won't spew up a term paper on either guy

In order of likelihood, as I see it

1) S Donte Whitner

The eventual replacement for Dexter Jackson, and very possibly our starting nickel back. Probably the safest pick for us at 24.

2) DE Manny Lawson (and they'd probably play a lot more 3-4 defense this year if he is indeed the pick)

Would play LDE in obvious passing situations, and would otherwise play on special teams coverage units.

3) Trade down

Preferably, we'd then package the added picks with existing 2nd day picks to pick up one or more additional 3rd rounders, as there is a great deal of value in the late first day.

I can agree with this. However... if Manny Lawson is only going to play on obvious passing downs, we shouldn't use a 1st round pick on him. You use 1st round picks on guys who are going to start and make an immediate and regular impact.

Whitner will find his way on the field all the time because of his versatility. Unless they teach Lawson to play OLB, I doubt the same versatility would be there, and so I'd prefer to wait until the 2nd round to get a DE. Just my take.

Right now my best guess would be Cromartie. I think Whitner will be off the board, but if not, it will be him. If neither is on the board... Tye Hill. If he's off the board too, then I have no clue. Come to think of it, I have no clue anyways.

1. Manny Lawson (if he's there he will be the pick.)

Yeah, I think I'm leaning the same way.

If he's gone, tho, I look for them to go TE. Either Lewis or Pope, depending on how their board shakes down.

I shy away from DB in the first simply because it's a rich draft for the position. Over the last few weeks, I think mocks have proposed 10 or more different DBs at 24. In all liklihood, 1 or 2 of those will still be around when we pick in the second.