My 2 Cents

Spor_tees

Here is my hopeful 7 picks for the Bengals. It's very hard to judge who will available with the first pick with so many sources having guys that would fit the Bengal's scheme going in so many different places...with that being said I'll give this a shot.

First Round: Broderick Bunkley - The guy is a workout beast and could be the athletic DT that the Bengals need. Put Bunkley next to Big Sam and watch him eat up being blocked man on man. Will this be the year the Bengals get out of the cellar in sacks?

Second Round: Leonard Pope - Finally the Bengals get that TE that makes the Red Zone into an all TD zone ALL the time. Carson's new weapon will not only improve the Bengal's TD-FG Red Zone ratio, but also gives the Bengal's a TE that can play during running AND passing downs.

Third Round: Devin Hester - Everyone is saying Tory James is getting old and losing a step...well this is a pick for all you haters out there. This guy is fast! Like Rockets in his shoes fast. And when he gets his hands on the ball, he smells the endzone like a dog at the backdoor of a butcher's shop.

Fourth Round: Chris Gocong - Despite playing at a small school in Cal-poly, He put up huge numbers. He has all the stats and numbers of a good prospect. Now that the Bengals have the fatties in the middle, a guy like Gocong can come in and put pressure on the QB.

Fifth Round: Mike Haas - The Bengals would do well to add another Beaver to the WR's corps. This guy is the ultimate possession WR. In the Seior Bowl he made every catch. Won some awards and was viewed highly because of his sharpness, but his speed hurts his draft position.

Sixth Round: Ingle Martin - He comes from a small school in Furman, but originally played for Florida before transferring. He has a great arm and some good feet. Would be a great late round pick for the Bengals to develope under Zampese. If not Martin at this pick, maybe a guy like Robinson, McNeal, or Hackney.

Seventh Round A: Let Paul Alexander find another Diamond in the rough to mold into a quality O-Lineman like Koistra

Seventh Round B: This is a Marving Pick. Take the best athlete available to build into a special teamer.

If the Bengal's had this draft I would be extremely happy. It touches every position of need and still leaves picks for developement.

:arabia:

Right now, my at-least-somewhat-realistic ideal day 1 would go:

Round 1: CB Ashton Yobouty. Probably doesn't make it to 24 but I like him better than Cromartie or Hill.

Round 2: DE Tamba Hali. Also probably gone, but he and Kiwanuka have both practically dropped out of the first round.

Round 3: DT Rodrique Wright. Also a good bet to be off the board, but his stock has fallen so far that our own draft guru Robb has him dropping to day 2 (4th round). I can't see him not going on day 1, tho.

I was pimping Hester a lot earlier, but since getting Chapman in FA, I really can't see Hester as a 3rd rounder for us. I don't think he has the experience at any one position, but boy does he have all kinds of potential at multiple positions.

WHODEY !!!

So you are into multiples? :o Does your significant othe know about this??? :huh:

:lol:

I was pimping Hester a lot earlier, but since getting Chapman in FA, I really can't see Hester as a 3rd rounder for us. I don't think he has the experience at any one position, but boy does he have all kinds of potential at multiple positions.

WHODEY !!!

So you are into multiples? :o Does your significant othe know about this??? :huh:

:lol:

The difference here is, he has "potential" at multiple "positions", where I am a skilled professional at many positions and yes, my wife is MORE than aware of this fact !!! :sure:

WHODEY !!!