Anyone Pro Manny Lawson ?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very pro Manny Lawson.

6'6" 241 lbs runs a 4.41 40 with a 39.5 vert. jump and WR times in the 3 cone and shuttle. To top that off he had 19 TFL last season and 10.5 sacks and he recently graduated NC State with an engineering degree, whats not to like he was a team captain for the Wolfpack last year as well.

I am very pro Manny Lawson.

6'6" 241 lbs runs a 4.41 40 with a 39.5 vert. jump and WR times in the 3 cone and shuttle. To top that off he had 19 TFL last season and 10.5 sacks and he recently graduated NC State with an engineering degree, whats not to like he was a team captain for the Wolfpack last year as well.

But did he cure cancer and solve the world starvation problem? OK then! Unless he does those two things also, I say we skip on him until the second round.

:sure:

I think he'd be a solid rush DE at 260-265, with way more speed and quickness than we've had at that position in a long, long time

He could probably be our 3rd down DE right away, as well as be a special teams demon - if you read much about him, you'll discover he loves to play special teams and excels at it - tackling and blocking kicks

If we take him, I think it has to be as a defensive end. I'm worried about his ability to cover.

That being said, I don't see the point of taking him when we have Pollack, who is almost the same player.

KIWANUKA should be the number 2 def end cus he can provide a pass rush and be a run stopper. he has a good mix. he was one of the few guys who gave dbrickshaw, the LT from uva, trouble. like i said before if lawson is used properly just as a pass rusher he could get near 10 sacks this year. i think the broncos will take kiwanuka with either of their picks in the first to replace the aged trevor pryce. i hope we get lawson though.

He also was voted as the teams defensive MVP - this on a team that includes DE Mario Williams - yes, the one that is rated as a top 5 pick - and John McCargo

Did NC State give up any points last year?

I think he is a very fine player but probably does not fit here as well as some others...if you want a DE, then take a real DE for our defense, like a Kiwi or Hali....I;m not in the mood to wait 3 years for a guy to put on 20 pounds so he can be an effective end. We need our r1 pick to be an IMMEDIATE impact player, not a project....a la Pollack.

I think he is suited to OLB in either a 4-3 or 3-4...team that run a 3-4 will target him earlier than 24, like Cleveland or baltimore, SD, NE...

To the fact that he may go earlier than 24, that is probable...

No thanks on Lawson. His height is excellent, but he's too light. He has the build to be a good linebacker, but I don't see him making that adjustment well. Pollack is a better version of the same player in my opinion. If we want a new DE, then gimme Kiwanuka. If we want to replace Simmons, then give me Greenway, Sims, or whichever linebacker falls to #24.

I think the Jevon Kearse comparison is a put down given his injuries...maybe Jason Taylor would be a good comparison.

I like him but think he will be a better OLB than end, where his speed and athleticsm would be better used..

I've also said before that Justin Smith would be a good 3-4 OLB because of his high motor and aggression.

Manny lawson will probably go to NE and be DROTY...

If he is there at 24 and Kiwi, Cromartie, Pope are gone, we should take him...I;d rather have any of those 3 before Lawson.

no thanks on Greenway...he is very overrated...He may fall out of r1.

I would do somersaults for this guy.

Someone saidwhy wait 3 years for him to gain twenty pounds. Well, I'd like to know your diet, cause I can gain twenty pounds looking at a case of Budweiser. :P Pollack lost twenty pounds from draft day to coming into camp(speculation, but he did lose twenty pounds) and I'd think Lawson could gain 15 in no time.

This has been my pick for months now, and it's my favorite choice!