Eclipse99t's mock

eclipse99t

Ok, here's what the Bengals should do. Trade away their first round pick to the Jets. As we know, the Jets need an OT and a Center badly. Very badly. I think that either Eric Winston or Jon Scott, both OTs, will be available at # 24. But I think that they will want to get Nick Mangold with this pick, because if I'm not mistaken, they lost their all-pro center recently, and they've got to have a great player snapping that ball to Pennington or whatever and keeping the big DTs off him. That way, the Jets can use their first selection to get that QB, they've been waiting for, perhaps Culter, Young, or even Leinart, but still fill up their holes along the offensive line. The Texas would grab any top-tier O lineman in their second round before them, so this would be thier only chance to get a solid lineman.

In return, we get their 2, and 3 round picks this year, as well as another 2nd round pick next year.

Now, before I begin, let me say this. I honestly believe that we don't need another defensive tackle in this draft. Yes, I know we have a terrible run D, we have a terrible line, we have a terrible D, all that. But I think that with this new rotation of [Adams-JT-Robinson-Askew] we'll have fresh DTs what can go hard every play. I think this is the year Askew shows us why he would have been a first round pick if he had stayed for his senior year. I think Marvin has purposefully sat him down and frustrated him so that he will get over his maturity issues and learn to just play football. I think he'll come in with a chip on his shoulder, and really impress. He's got all the tools.

So, our draft goes like this:

Pick 1 (round 2, Jets' pick): Antonio Cromartie, CB, FSU/ Kelly Jennings, CB, Miami

These are two excellent cornerbacks, both with the potential to be shutdown corners. I'm almost certain at least one of them will be around for us to grab.

Pick 2(round 2, our pick): Eric Henderson, DE, Georgia Tech

Someone on either this site or Go-Bengals.com was pimping this guy, and I thought that they were full of crap till I saw his stats. He's oft-injured, but he's a team player and a leader when on the field. He's a high risk-high reward type of player, who could take Justin's spot if he doesn't return next year.

Pick 3(round 3, Jets' pick): Joel Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado

This guy is a solid package at TE. He's got decent hands, good speed for a TE, and can block. Obviously we're not going to put him in at TE on goal line and short situations, but he can hold his own against a bigger DE or LB. He can open up the field for us on those seam routes, and I think he's a solid addition to a great offense.

Pick 4(round 3, our pick): Devin Hester, CB, Miami

We go back to the U with this pick, with an amazing athlete. He's EXTREMELY raw, but has untapped potential. He can immediately take over the punt return role, and we'll put him on special teams as he learns the playbook and gets adjusted to CB dropbacks and coverage and such. We may put him in on Nickel and Dime packages to let him gain some experience. In 2 years, I think he'll be a great corner, with both the measureables, and the knowledge of the game.

Pick 5(round 4, our pick): Reggie McNeal, QB, Texas Tech

Here's our backup. We will NOT give up a draft pick for Harrington, they're too valuable, but we use a 2nd day pick on this QB. He's got athletic ability and can scramble with the best of them, so defenses will have trouble gameplanning for him. He can take all the snaps during training camp and many during the preseason games so he can control the helm for 3-6 games while Carson rehabs. Eventually, he'll become a solid backup.

Well, I don't really know that much about the draft so I'll probably screw up the later rounds. So I'll stop here. :D

Whaddayathink?

That person pimping Eric Henderson would be me.

"TheWretchedMass" at Go-Bengals.

My thinking is he's more a RDE in the NFL at 6-2. He can better use his speed and skills against LTs. He's also just to small to be trying to take on 340 LB RTs.

I'm thinking Smith will play LDE once again and Jonathan Fanene will be his back-up. And if we draft Eric, it will be between him and Robert to battle it out and Eric would easily win that battle.

Robert really is better suited to either pack on 15 more pounds and move inside or just be a situational pass rusher.

I was pimping Hester earlier, but with the signing of Chatman to return punts, I think Hester is probably out of the question, as there are probably others with better CB skills than him. I also wouldn't mind McNeal, but if Harrington does in fact happen, (or any other FA QB) you can cancel this pick as well. I wouldn't mind seeing the DT out of Minnesota later on, I think Montgomery was his name. Askew is still a sore spot for me, as he was inactive most (if not all) of last year, while we had a real sh*tty d-line !!!

Here's to hoping Marvin gets him squared away, because if he can pull his head out of his asspiece, that would bring all kinds of smiles !!!

WHODEY !!!

Not terrible idea but I doubt Cromarties will fall out of r1...just too much potential and talent. What could be had there is a Whitner or Bullocks..

I think Henderson will be there as late as r4...injuries really hurt his stock...Gocong or Anderson would work.

for R3...Klop wouldn't be terrible...though Hester is doubful, another CB would be smart...Maxey or McPherson would make me happy.

For r5, McNeal would be sweet. I've suggested this before as well...guy has loads of talent...could be our slash and gash weapon after Carson gets back....

Kingwilly covered my reply basically.

I'd argue that Whitner holds a higher draft value than Cromartie, but there'd really be no point in doing that.

Henderson is a 4th Rounder.

1 little problem though with the trade....The Jets also have the 29th pick in the draft. Nick Mangold will most likely still be there at 29, and if not, Max Jean-Gilles, Marcus McNeill, or Eric Winston could be the pick. Jason Kendall can play either Guard or Center so they would really only need on interior lineman and could take Jean-Gilles if Mangold is gone. So, unfortunately, that basically cancels all possibility of this trade.

Kingwilly covered my reply basically.

I'd argue that Whitner holds a higher draft value than Cromartie, but there'd really be no point in doing that.

Henderson is a 4th Rounder.

1 little problem though with the trade....The Jets also have the 29th pick in the draft. Nick Mangold will most likely still be there at 29, and if not, Max Jean-Gilles, Marcus McNeill, or Eric Winston could be the pick. Jason Kendall can play either Guard or Center so they would really only need on interior lineman and could take Jean-Gilles if Mangold is gone. So, unfortunately, that basically cancels all possibility of this trade.

Damn, I forgot all about the Jets trade...I didn't remember that...I guess this throws out the trade....Oh well... :P

You know whats sad.

That Cromartie, who's started ONE COLLEGE GAME in his life and didn't even play in 2005.

Is a 1st round choice.

But then Eric Henderson, who produced more than ANY DE in this draft other than Mario and has had "small nagging" injuries and is a 3rd rounder. Eric has been a STATER for THREE years as well.

People fall for the Media hype WAY to much....

Can someone explain how this OBVIOUS DOUBLE STANTARD IS BLATANLY IGNORED?

(why listen to any of you anyways?, you all think Richard Marshall is a 2nd-3rd rounder....thats laughable)

I really, really like Henderson despite his lack of height.....

and you don't see Cromartie on my draft chart.....albeit I wouldn't mind getting him at 55 in the unlikely event he should drop so far

I think we'll end up with the best defensive player (by the Bengals' charting) available at 24 and 55. The only thing that will really suprise and shock me is if 24 AND 55 (both) are used for offense

(why listen to any of you anyways?)

I can't answer that question, but will take a stab at it... Maybe because this is a forum where people share their "opinions" on the topics started, but that's just a guess... <_<

As for Cromartie, I agree about your assessment, but people are drafted for their potential and how they translate to the NFL. Cromartie translates very well based on what you see, not necessarily his production (or lack thereof)... Are there others out that are 1st round talent that go later in the draft ?? Yes, but you just never know. Who would have thought TJ was going to turn in to the WR he is today after being taken in the 7th ?? Let me guess, everyone thought he should've been a 1st rounder right ?? Things don't always go how you think they will, it will be ok !!!

WHODEY !!!

I'm sorry fellas, I'm pretty stoned this morning and not quite awake.

I got a little confused with where I was, I thought I was on Go-Bengals.com and those folk and I have gotten into some decently heated arguments.

Sorry for going off on anyone here, this place is actually probably the best Bengals MB for draft talk and I wouldn't disrepect a site I actually like in that manner.