http://www.draftshowcase.com/multimediapage.htm

5-11/189

Fresno State – Junior

4.42/2.60/1.54: 40/20/10

12 Reps – 37 inch V. Jump

4.16 Shuttle – 6.66 Cone

NFL Draft Countdown Profile:

Strengths:

Has good size...Excellent athlete with good speed...Has fluid hips and changes direction well...Has good hands and solid ball skills...Exciting player who will make something happen in the open field...Aggressive player who closes quick, will help out in run support and also deliver the big blow...Playmaker who seems to always come through with a game changing play...Still has a lot of upside and potential.

Weaknesses:

Needs technique work and development...Could stand to bulk up a bit...Is better in man coverage than zone at this point...Does not have great instincts...Can do a better job of locating the ball...Doesn't anticipate well...Only started for 2 years.

Notes:

Returned three interceptions for touchdowns in his career and led the Bulldogs in tackles as a junior...Did not get nearly the national attention that some others did but this guy is a great pro prospect...A complete corner with natural cover skills and very few weaknesses who is still getting better...Is still very underrated.

Draftshowcase.com Profile:

STRENGTHS: Tackling, Playmaking, Hands, Return Ability

WEAKNESSES: Anticipation, Playing the Ball

NFL COMPARISON: Marcus Trufant, Seahawks

Both are decent sized, physical corners who can tackle and play man to man coverage. Marshall is a bit more of a ballhawk though.

SCOUTING REPORT:

Marshall has above average size for the position. He has decent height and a good muscle base. He has shown equal effectiveness in zone coverage and man to man. His best asset is his playmaking ability. He is aggressive and goes after the ball. Marshall shows good hands in making the pick. He closes quickly and changes directions fluidly. In man coverage, he has the athleticism to stay with receivers but doesn't always turn his head around for the ball. In zone coverage, he must do a better job of anticipating and reading routes. One skill Marshall has is open field ability. He has had some effectiveness as a return man and has a penchant for taking INTs back for scores. In run support, Marshall is aggressive and a good tackler. He is a big hitter who can deliver knockout blows, but also does a pretty good job of attacking low and wrapping up.

WOs Comment:

Marvin PREFERS guys who can “man-up” on a WR, NFLDC has that listed as a weakness but were he to be drafted by the Bengals, it would be considered a strength.

Hopefully Marshall would become the starting CB with Jackson behind to provide help with Deltha on the other side and M. Williams behind him.

No question Marshall is a great player....but with the rules favoring the WR and the size of the WR's that have success, I'd be more inclined to take a bigger CB...such as Cromartie...besides, Marshall will probably be there at 55...24 is a major reach...

Marshall is a Early-Mid 2nd Round player on most boards and won't be there at 55. I like Marshall, but he would be a reach at 24 and the consensus idea would be to take the best player available.

Dexter Jackson is adequate player this year to fill the hole at S, but really won't fit if you wanted that All-Star Secondary. To me and most, Jackson is the one year option so hopefully we pick up a S in this year's or next year's draft.

Marshall is a top 5 CB.

He'll be lucky to get past the Patriots at 21.

(Wasn't that NE who "reached" for Logan Mankins" in the 1st when he was a projected 3rd rounder?, oh, and guess where Logan came from, the same place as Richard, FRESNO STATE.)

Cromartie is NOT better than Marshall, how is a guy who has only started ONE college game and coming off a severe knee injury better than a guy who's been starting for 2 years and has not been injured?

AC is nothing more than Potential at this point, meanwhile Richard has been producing 2 Solid years as a starting CB....

We're not taking in AC in 1, Marvin would NEVER waste a 1st round pick on some dude who didn't even play in 2005.

Marshall is a Early-Mid 2nd Round player on most boards and won't be there at 55. I like Marshall, but he would be a reach at 24 and the consensus idea would be to take the best player available.

Dexter Jackson is adequate player this year to fill the hole at S, but really won't fit if you wanted that All-Star Secondary. To me and most, Jackson is the one year option so hopefully we pick up a S in this year's or next year's draft.

With the Herring release, I agree that safety will still get addressed. As for the 1st pick, I've resigned myself to either CB, DE, or DT. Leave TE until the 2nd and take M. Lewis "IF" we take a TE on day one...

WHODEY !!!

Marshall is a top 5 CB.

He'll be lucky to get past the Patriots at 21.

(Wasn't that NE who "reached" for Logan Mankins" in the 1st when he was a projected 3rd rounder?, oh, and guess where Logan came from, the same place as Richard, FRESNO STATE.)

Cromartie is NOT better than Marshall, how is a guy who has only started ONE college game and coming off a severe knee injury better than a guy who's been starting for 2 years and has not been injured?

AC is nothing more than Potential at this point, meanwhile Richard has been producing 2 Solid years as a starting CB....

We're not taking in AC in 1, Marvin would NEVER waste a 1st round pick on some dude who didn't even play in 2005.

If he isn't likely to get past New England, then this will all be a moot point, yes? As for how he compares with Cromartie, how can any of us know for sure which is the better pick? You've also called for the Bengals to draft Johnathan Joseph with the first pick. This is a guessing game from our standpoint. I see Cromartie as a better NFL prospect BECAUSE of his potential. Isn't that the name of the game in the draft? It isn't who was a better producer in college, but who will be a better producer as a professional. Am I certain that Cromartie will be better than Joseph or Marshall? No, of course not. Leave that decision to Marvin and company.

• 2 weeks later...

He's gonna be a player, but I'll still take Cromartie in the 1st if I have to take a CB...

I'll take Youboty over either of 'em.

Youboty is my #1 pick to be a first round BUST. The guy couldn't tackle a bed sheet on a clothes line. He will get eaten up in the NFL.

Now for Richard, if the Bengals ever draft a DB in the first round from Fresno State, the guy better have 4.1 speed, weigh 220 lbs, stand 6'4" tall, and hands like peach baskets. The talent Fresno State plays up to, doesn't bode well for the stats he puts up. They played USC last year...and how many points did USC put up? 50+! Ain't going to happen...not in a million years... :thumbsdown:

:hammer:

wait...I am quite confident I can tackle a bedsheet on a clothesline, as long as there isn't too stiff a breeze going.....can I be a first round pick? I'll settle for second round, and make sure I don't use Rosenhaus ora Poston as an agent

I can do zero 225lb lifts, and my 40 is in the 6.something range

He's gonna be a player, but I'll still take Cromartie in the 1st if I have to take a CB...

I'll take Youboty over either of 'em.

Youboty is my #1 pick to be a first round BUST. The guy couldn't tackle a bed sheet on a clothes line. He will get eaten up in the NFL.

I don't care for YourBooty either... I'm a Buckeyes fan, but the kid never impressed me at all. Whitner was a huge part of the success of the corners, not to mention the LB corps that was getting to the QB rather quickly !!!

WHODEY !!!

"I can do zero 225lb lifts, and my 40 is in the 6.something range"

I think I could squeeze out one or two at 225 but, the last time I ran the 40 was for highschool track and I got beat by a 325 lb offensive lineman (I was 186 lbs at the time) . Needless to say I ran LONG distance (mile and two mile). So they have to time me with a sundial or a calender.

I can see this happening. As a matter of fact that is who we selected in my mock draft. I did not see this thread until after I had made my mock. I just don't think that the TE position is going to be addressed until round 3 at the earliest. We need either a DE or CB in round 1.