Gordon Fight

Larry

It was kinda cool, but a "real" tough guy would have taken his helmet off first. <_<

Yea, you're probably right. It was nice to see some emotion like that in NASCAR..

Bobby Allison wouldn't have been caught dead fighting in a helmet! <_<

Not really sure what the big deal about not taking the helmet off is??? Not like he used it for protection. It was over before it even got started.

From what I heard, he was in a hurry to get out of the car and didn't take it off. Then once out of the car saw Kenseth coming toward him and just went to him without taking it off.

If he didn't do anything about Kenseth wrecking him everybody would have said he's a puss, since he did he's a puss for wearing his helmet, if he removed his helmet he would have been a puss for something else. I take it most of you just don't like Gordon anyways.

Just for the record, I'm a Gordon fan. :D

I doubt Gordon was wearing his helmet because he's a "puss",when everybody already Matt Kenseth is the biggest p***y in Nascar.

If he wasn't willing to throwdown with that fat midget troll that admitted he deliberately wrecked him,why would anyone be worried about him throwing a punch?

Not really sure what the big deal about not taking the helmet off is??? Not like he used it for protection. It was over before it even got started.

From what I heard, he was in a hurry to get out of the car and didn't take it off. Then once out of the car saw Kenseth coming toward him and just went to him without taking it off.

The point is if they both would have immediately tumbled out of their cars, helmets still on, and directly started chucking hay makers at each other, no big deal. Fine and dandy.

But when one guy walks towards you, sans his brain bucket, and you exit your vehicle and take an extended walk towards him to represent your side of the beef, (during which you had the time to take your helmet off, put it back on, and take it off again two to three times) then end up giving him the old high school hallway two handed shove, all the while having no fear of taking a punch to your pretty boy mug because it hides behind a crash helmet Nascar certified to protect your face from a 200+ MPH impact, (much less a not so lethal knuckle sandwich!) you simply don't come off looking too manly.

That being said, Jeff isn't stupid. (Not that Matt's a "badass," because he ain't. He just looked badder because he knew Jeff wasn't going to hit him, and even if he did, the probability of spitting some teeth fell on the low side.) Jeff knows that his mug is MONEY! He's had offers from Hollywood to do movies. His face, which adorns all of his endorsements, rivals his take home from driving, and he still continues to change the overall Nascar drivers persona from this:

8414741.jpg to this decidedly less "red-on-the-neck" face of the sport: t1_gordon_all.jpg

Now God bless those Nascar pioneers like David Pearson, (who's black and white image I used above) Fireball Roberts, Ned Jarrett, and even King Richard Petty, but the sports image must change along with the demographics of our country, otherwise it'll go the way of goat ropin' and corn holin'! There's also no denying the sports "pretty boys" such as Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne, Jamie McMurray, and Carl Edwards have done, and are still doing wonders towards the unparalled growth of the sport, but two things still need to be addressed. Namely...

COLOR!

That face which has indeed become more camera friendly so to speak, remains undeniably and overwhelmingly white.

Bill.Lester.193.jpg

Sorry. One Bill Lester just ain't going to cut it. But just as bad as color stands...

GENDER!

You would think after drag racings' Shirley Muldowny, who won 1977 WINSTON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, becoming the first woman in history to claim any auto racing sports most prestigious title, and did the same again in 1982, there would be some sort of solid female representation among the drivers of Nascar. Aside from an occasional entry by Shawna Robinson wcs-2001-mis-rk-0010.jpg (which by the way have been none since 2002) there's been embarrassingly little support for women to race in Nascar.

Dudes. Straight up. What would you rather see in a tight fitting flame retardant drivers suit on race day?

This: 222px-Sports_Illustrated_Cover_Danica_Patrick_Indy_500.jpg ...or this: nascartrk-2005-pt-ga-0105.jpg 'Nuff said.

:rolleyes: God, was that a digustingly sexist comparison or what? Okay, sorry. Old habits die hard with me. The same holds true with them "Good Old Boys" in and around Nascar as well. I will say they're trying. It may not transform overnight, but I suspect in 5-10 years, we'll see some fruits of their efforts in these regards, and Nascar will CONTINUE to widen the gap over the other (i.e. open wheel) racing series in the ratings. And not just here in America either, but WORLDWIDE! Cart, F1, and Indy Car should be taking notes and seeing what facets of Nascar they could adapt to their sport instead of looking down their noses at the fendered machines and litigating against one another. One more thing. I wanna see Jeff and Matt in an Ultimate Fighting ring, winner takes all. The Battle of the Girly men is ON! :lol:

I used to watch NASCAR all the time but don't really watch much anymore. Was a real big Ricky Rudd fan but started to lose interest a few years back. Still catch a few laps from time to time and still hate Gordon as much now as I did when I watched all the time. Kenseth should have beat his p***y ass ala Yarborough/Allisons 1979.

Billy

GREAT post...

Now for the rest, Gordon didn't have time to take off the helmet at first, but like everyone said, there was never, never going to be a punch thrown anyways. Not with those two. Spencer, yes, Jeff - Matt, no way.

At least he didn't wreck him on pit road like most would have..

And yes, I'm a 24 FAN.

Billy

GREAT post...

Considering it wandered all over almost every topic Nascar has to offer including the one the thread was originally about, it was okay I guess. Thank God they don't take "Zone Dollars" away as a fine for straying off topic when posting in forum threads...I'd be freakin' BROKE!!

BTW '74...did you get my private message about Bengalszones Fantasy Nascar League? I know it's probably too late to join and have a serious chance to win, but it's still fun to compete while killing time until the football season starts! You're welcome (as any other member here is too) to join as long as Yahoo allows.

Again, just go HERE AND REGISTER!

Our Group ID#: 15678

Group Name: Bengalszone Nascar League

Group Password: cincy

Got it. Thanks. When I joined it just put the team I already registered in your group. Would have thought about some of those picks now, but hindsight is 20/20.

Thanks again!

Cool. Just play it for the weekly high score if nothing else. Be sure to sign up here early before the next Nascar season kicks off in 2007. BTW, are you Alex or Dad?