The 2006 Cincinnati Reds

19 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Reds do this season?

• Above .500
    • At .500
    • Below .500
    • Depressing
  2. 2. Where will the Reds finish in the division?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • Basement

The Reds start off good, like the first week...but then it all goes downhill

I expect Edwin Encarnacion to be traded, simply for playing good, as well has Harang, for the same reason. That is how they have done things in the past it seems, if you play well, you will play for someone else. But hopefully our new Mangament has a different philosphy.

I still think they will finish in the basement...I hope I am wrong.

Oh, well I still enjoy opening day!

I expect Edwin Encarnacion to be traded, simply for playing good, as well has Harang, for the same reason

I can guarantee that neither of them two players will be traded. I think we have a team that plays w/ a lot of chemistry. I expect a sub .500 team and a second or third place finish. Cubs are overrated, Kerry Wood and Mark Prior end up being injured every year. The Cubs have reached their high and are going to start slipping from here on out.

Hey guys give this new owner a chance. He seems to be pretty fired up about this team and being a owner. Not like the last guy that wouldnt spend anything on the club plus he was one of the richest men in the USA. Im gonna give em a chance. Heck new GM and new Owner ought to get 1 chance huh??? :huh:

Hey guys give this new owner a chance. He seems to be pretty fired up about this team and being a owner. Not like the last guy that wouldnt spend anything on the club plus he was one of the richest men in the USA. Im gonna give em a chance. Heck new GM and new Owner ought to get 1 chance huh??? :huh:

Gotta go with Semiotter on this one. Trading casey wasn't one of my favorite moves, but other than that I like what Castellini has done with the team so far. Having said that I don't think he'll be able to turn our current situation around in this first year. It'll improve ( ala Coach Lewis & the Bengals ) but it's going to be a process rather than a quick fix.

The team will go the way the pitching goes. If they can be even decent, then the Reds have a chance to finish @ .500. That was the general opinion on ( I think ) Fox Sports, and I have to agree. Reds put up a LOT of runs last year ... but the pitching always seemed to make sure the other guys scored that many plus 1 or 2 extra. ;)

I like the addition of Arroyo, and I have hopes ( for the first time in a long time ) for some of our prospects. I think the bloodbath is over as far as trading or selling anybody that was playing well. Castellini was asked about a hypothetical situation that involved the trading of Adam Dunn. His response was " I don't like that situation. Dunn is the type of player we want to build the team around."

Gotta be patient .... like with the Bengals, but better days are on the horizon. Have a cold one :cheers:

I thought Casey was traded before the ownership change.

I don't really care about their record this year, I just wanna see Griffey play a full year, hit about .300 with 40-45 homers and 120 RBI. That's about all I'm rooting for when it comes to the Reds. Yes, I know, it's kinda sad :(

I thought Casey was traded before the ownership change.

I don't really care about their record this year, I just wanna see Griffey play a full year, hit about .300 with 40-45 homers and 120 RBI. That's about all I'm rooting for when it comes to the Reds. Yes, I know, it's kinda sad :(

Casey was being traded while the deal for the Reds was being finalized. Not sure if it was a courtesy or if they were required to, but the previous ............ "management" .. for lack of a better word got Castellinis' OK on the deal before they pulled the trigger.

As long as Jr. stays healthy 40 to 50 homers for him is a very real possibility.

Still got some holes to fill but it looks like the new group has a realistic plan to do so. When I say "holes" ... I am of course not referring to the pitching ........ that'd be more of a crater ... or canyon. B):cheers: