Stadium Naming Rights

ArmyBengal

I'm of the mindset that it needs to be left alone, but realize that probably won't happen, so...

If it has to change, what would you like to see and what would you hate to see ???

For example...

Like to see- Something local and still incorporate the Brown name. Think I saw "P&G's Paul Brown Stadium"

Hate to see- Cincinnati's "Taco Bell Stadium" Yo Quiero Bengals... F*cking dog...

WHODEY !!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been sending Hobson comments on this for months.

I guess I still don't understand if all teams are accountable for the same cap number how this would really help us. Yes, we spend more of our revenue, but... ?

It's really quite simple. The cap number was set based on teams selling the naming rights. Revenue sharing assumes teams are selling their naming rights. Not doing so penalizes the team financially.

I'd like to see Paul Brown Stadium, brought to you by the Carl Lindner Companies.

Paul Brown Field at P&G Stadium sounds like the most logical choice to me. Then again they cando what someone mentioned in another thread where they sell the naming rights to all the gates to companies. Gate A would be Kroger Gate...Gate B, Kahn's Gate...Gate C, P&G Gate...ect. With all the gates to the stadium, I'm sure each gate would add up to what they would get for charging one comapny for the naming rights to the stadium.

:sure:

Paul Brown Field at P&G Stadium sounds like the most logical choice to me. Then again they cando what someone mentioned in another thread where they sell the naming rights to all the gates to companies. Gate A would be Kroger Gate...Gate B, Kahn's Gate...Gate C, P&G Gate...ect. With all the gates to the stadium, I'm sure each gate would add up to what they would get for charging one comapny for the naming rights to the stadium.

:sure:

SOOOOOOOO, as the post goes, what would YOU like or dislike ???

I'm about to give up this dream....

WHODEY !!!

I say we start a foundation...we get a lawyer on this board to draw up the paperwork on the "Fan Foundation." As a foundation we get companies and individuals to donate money and with that money we buy naming rights to the stadium and call it "Paul Brown Stadium Sponsored by the Fan Foundation. Companies and people who donate can write it off on their taxes, and we get what we want by keeping the name of the stadium. One of the contributors can be Mike Brown himself, where he gives the same 5 million he gave before so that we keep Paul Brown Stadium.

Just think of what the other teams fans would say..."Damn they sure have some loyal fans in Cincy!" No more of this Bandwagon crap! :rolleyes:

^_^

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../603270360/1078

The Enquirer's version of the story. Personally I would like to see the name remain Paul Brown Stadium.

Keeping it Paul Brown Stadium could raise your ticket prices. Are you willing to pay more?

Yes. As long as a good product is on the field.

Paul Brown Field at P&G Stadium sounds like the most logical choice to me. :sure:

If P&G does get the naming rights, Chris Berman could call it the "Big Soap Dish" or something catchy like that.

Seriously, I admired Mike Brown for not selling out back in 1996 (See Art Modell) when he bought the naming rights to the stadium. Unfortunately the rules have changed and he may have to go that way. I hope it doesn't happen.

Look at the Riverfront Coluseum. It's been around for a little over 30 years and it has had three name changes in the last 10 (The Crown, FirstStar Center, US Bank Arena). There is just something wrong with that whole concept. It is not like any of these companies built the place. It's just a big billboard and nothing more.

The plan to name stadium gates is fine to a point, but it doesn't come close to matching the amount of revenue generated by selling the naming rights. The name of stadium gates is never mentioned on radio, television, or in print so the advertising benefit to a potential buyer is almost nothing. A better option is the plan already being discussed, selling the naming rights to the field of play, but leaving the stadium name intact.

What would I lke to see the stadium called if a sale were forced upon the Bengals? Well, I'd like to see something appropriate that represents the local area.....like the very recent rumor that had a japanese car company buying the naming rights. <_<

The Great American Ball Park is probably one of the best names of any facility in the country. The only name I can think of that is as good ( but not better ) is Paul Brown Stadium.

All of you already know the deal that he got from the county ..... Mikes got his hand in everybodys' pocket that does business in or with the stadium .... and all on the countys nickel. How many games sold out last year ???? throw in a play off game ????? And you KNOW ticket prices are going to go up .... and people will pay it. Revenue had to have gone up last year .... and it's going to go up again next year as well.

Mikes making money and every one of us knows it. He just isn't making enough to suit him ... and most likely never will. I seriously ... seriously doubt that he NEEDS the addtional revenue. I'm absolutely convinced that he wants and covets the additional revenue and will sell his old mans name to get it.

While they're at it maybe they could dig the old guy up and rig him with electronics so he could take tickets. That ought to be worth another couple thousands .... and they wouldn't have to carry him on the payroll either.

Mike is going to sell the naming rights. He'll sell them to the highest bidder whether it's a Pittsburgh Plumbing Co. or a Nevada whorehouse. All he's trying to do now is paint himself the victim of the CBA and not having any choice in the matter. ................... BS!.

The whole thing is pathetic <_<

The Great American Ball Park is probably one of the best names of any facility in the country. The only name I can think of that is as good ( but not better ) is Paul Brown Stadium.

All of you already know the deal that he got from the county ..... Mikes got his hand in everybodys' pocket that does business in or with the stadium .... and all on the countys nickel. How many games sold out last year ???? throw in a play off game ????? And you KNOW ticket prices are going to go up .... and people will pay it. Revenue had to have gone up last year .... and it's going to go up again next year as well.

Mikes making money and every one of us knows it. He just isn't making enough to suit him ... and most likely never will. I seriously ... seriously doubt that he NEEDS the addtional revenue. I'm absolutely convinced that he wants and covets the additional revenue and will sell his old mans name to get it.

While they're at it maybe they could dig the old guy up and rig him with electronics so he could take tickets. That ought to be worth another couple thousands .... and they wouldn't have to carry him on the payroll either.

Mike is going to sell the naming rights. He'll sell them to the highest bidder whether it's a Pittsburgh Plumbing Co. or a Nevada whorehouse. All he's trying to do now is paint himself the victim of the CBA and not having any choice in the matter. ................... BS!.

No, you are pathetic.

1. Mike has constantly keep Bengals tickets at the lowest price in the league, even during and after our Super Bowl runs. He did in fact raise ticket prices a little, but we are still at the bottom of the league. He doesn't raise prices just because he knows people will pay them.

2. He won't sell the naming rights to someone without seriously considering WHO wants to buy them. This stadium will ALWAYS be a memorial to his father, no matter who else gets to put their name on it. That's the way the Brown family is, LOYAL.

3. He has never coveted more profit, rather he has always wanted to have a simple family business and provide entertainment for the fans.

4. The CBA DOES IN FACT assume that teams sell the naming rights to their stadiums. It does in fact assume that owners will raise the ticket prices higher and higher each year in order to keep up with the Jones, or, in other words, with the higher and higher salary caps. Mike Brown has always done everything he can to avoid doing just that, raising ticket prices and selling out his family.

I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure I agree... I for one have always been skeptical to the whole idea that Mikey craves $$$ above all else, and I really don't think that's his motive here. If it were, then why did he bother naming the stadium after paps in the first place? He could have been rolling in the dough by grabbing a sponsor when the stadium was originally built, if that was what he wanted.

No, you are pathetic.

1. Mike has constantly keep Bengals tickets at the lowest price in the league, even during and after our Super Bowl runs. He did in fact raise ticket prices a little, but we are still at the bottom of the league. He doesn't raise prices just because he knows people will pay them.

2. He won't sell the naming rights to someone without seriously considering WHO wants to buy them. This stadium will ALWAYS be a memorial to his father, no matter who else gets to put their name on it. That's the way the Brown family is, LOYAL.

3. He has never coveted more profit, rather he has always wanted to have a simple family business and provide entertainment for the fans.

Ask the super bowl head coach he fired ... or the pro bowl kicker that he cut about how deeply Mikes loyalty runs. It doesn't quite reach his wallet.

Who added the the clause in rookies contracts about recovering signing bonuses for bad mouthing the team? Not for bad conduct or conduct detrimental to the team mind you but saying publicly what everyone else was saying privately.

Clue.. he's the same guy whose conessions were selling cups of tap water for $3.00 ea. and got sued by the county for breach of contract. Mikes list of transgressions would stretch the length of PBS.

I don't begrudge the man a profit. I think its sad the lengths he'll go to in order to pad it but that's his business. How many other owners had their own web site calling for them to sell the team ??? ( well Uncle Carl ...but you get the idea ) .... had planes flying overhead with disparaging remarks ... and banned fans from displaying signs and banners ??

Mike Did hire Marvin Lewis .... and we have had a couple of good seasons ( for us ) but atthe end of the day .... Mike is still Mike and isn't about to change. Oh and he hired Lewis because Katy insited on it. HIS choice was Mularkey ... we all saw in Buffalo how that turned out.

I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure I agree... I for one have always been skeptical to the whole idea that Mikey craves $$$ above all else, and I really don't think that's his motive here. If it were, then why did he bother naming the stadium after paps in the first place? He could have been rolling in the dough by grabbing a sponsor when the stadium was originally built, if that was what he wanted.

Which stadiums rights are going to sell for more .... a 2 and 14 team ???? or one that has just been to the play offs for the first time in umpteen years and getting a ton of free pub from the press ????

Even Jerry Jones knows that it's worth more now. Again ... it's the bottom line.