out played out coached

halp

many points made earlier are right on....compare: bengals 4th and 1 @ 34; try 51 yard fg into the wind, punt (as we did>>>into end zone), or go for....i say go for it......cowhler went on 4th and set the tone when they made it....compare: ...end of 1st half... bengals 3rd and 16 and we run, then punt....pitt tries hail mary....great message........play calling mind boggling....offensive line weak again;... kit had a couple nice runs out of necessity....dillon disappeared....no ground game to off set rush.......bennet did his best.......kick off return lacked good blocking.......punting game???...how 'bout some poch punts.....i really don't want to complain...........but i sympathize with you..............don't give up hope....i believe we have played 3 of the best teams in the league to date......it's tough to be a fan...but tougher to be a BENGAL.......i'll continue to support each and all of them as i know you will too........ next subject....after i settle down....has to be about the fans

Like i have been saying all year Dillon needs to teach a newcommer his style of football ( like a ricky williams type ) i'm not saying get rid of dillon but the whole NFL knows Dillon is the man on the Bengals and shut him down then you shut down 1 aspect of our offense we need atleast 2 corey dillon's on this offense

I was at the game Sunday and was sick by the time it was over. It was the first game I went to in 3 years and was shocked at the incredible support the fans were giving the team at the beginning of thegame. I mean that sincerely. They were into it and yelling and screaming for the team and the bengals gave them that garbage. :angry:

A few things

The going for it on 4th and 1...Lewis did the right thing. He is a defensive coach for goodness sakes. You play field position when you are kicking it into the wind. If Harris could punt worth a damn then it wouldn't be an issue cause the steelers would have been inside the five. That brings up what I feel has been the worst move Coach Lewis has made, he kept Harris and let Doersch go, D can boom some punts and with some training he could be a great punter.

The Bengals at this time last year weren't even in the same ball park as the other teams they played, so the fact is the are a lot better than last year, so people really need to get off of their back and stop saying this is the same old Bengals, the fact is they aren't. I know I was one of the people thinking the Bengals would come out and light the place up. But the fact of the matter is the teams we have played this year were a combined 30-17-1 last year compare that with 2-14! And for the next few weeks it doesn't get much better! The Bengals schedule this year is brutal.

Fan support! Yeah, the had PBS rocking didn't they? Yeah, they know how to boo the Bengals on cue... How many fans were Steelers fans though? 10,000? 15,000? 20,000??? That ain't good folks....That's all I'm gonna say about the fans on this thread.

Lastly, this isn't about this year, it's about next year, and the year after. That's why Kitna starts, he knows the offenense, and that helps to make sure the wideouts run the right routes, and everyone does their job right. Shane Matthews is a great pinch hitter, but not a starter. Palmer would suffer the same fate is Akili did if they through him in when his wideouts ain't ready for him. Saying that, with the improvements both Chad, and Peter have shown I can see Palmer under center by the 10th game if the Bengals are out of contention. I know in this day and age how many teams that sucked(and we sucked big last year) come out and win big time? All the teams that were bad, were in the process of rebuilding(IE the Rams were in Vermeils 3rd year(beware the Chiefs), the Ravens had been building for a few years, same with the Pats, though the also got really lucky) So people really need to cut the team some slack. They are getting better.

Cheers

Kev

The Bengals at this time last year weren't even in the same ball park as the other teams they played, so the fact is the are a lot better than last year, so people really need to get off of their back and stop saying this is the same old Bengals, the fact is they aren't. I know I was one of the people thinking the Bengals would come out and light the place up. But the fact of the matter is the teams we have played this year were a combined 30-17-1 last year compare that with 2-14!

I couldn't agree more. One of the reasons -- no, strike that, THE reason -- I decided to try posting here was because the highly-trafficked board I was posting at was infested with "same old same old" disease. Unless they win 10 games and go to the playoffs, it's "same old same old." And if you dare point out that no team has ever made that kind of turnaround, or mutter that it just might take longer than a single season to get the ball rolling, you're immediately dismissed as a fool. "Yeah yeah yeah, wait 'til next year, well I've been a Bengal fan for [insert number of years here] and I'm not buying it, blah, blah, blah." Yeah, well, me too, I'm sick of it, too, but that desn't mean I've lost me ability to *think*!!!

OK, end of rant.

That brings up what I feel has been the worst move Coach Lewis has made, he kept Harris and let Doersch go,

IMHO, choosing between Harris and Dorsch was a no-win situation. Harris kicks the ball 20 yards; Dorsch kicks it 50 but as a line drive that gets to the return guy faster than one of Kitna's passes reaches a receiver, and the guy will bring it back 30 yards. Where's Doug Pelfrey when you need him?

:lol:

My vote for biggest Lewis mistake is not sweetening the offer to Gennaro DiNapoli and landing a real center. Instead we decide to go with...Mike Goff?? That worked out real well, didn't it?

My vote for biggest Lewis mistake is not sweetening the offer to Gennaro DiNapoli and landing a real center. Instead we decide to go with...Mike Goff?? That worked out real well, didn't it?

Can't argue with that.