Pick the NCAA Champion

BengalszoneBilly

Out of these #1 and #2 seeds, who has the best shot?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these #1 and #2 seeds, who has the best shot?

• #1 seed Duke.
    • #1 seed Kentucky.
    • #1 seed St. Josephs.
    • #1 seed Stanford.
    • #2 seed UConn.
    • #2 seed Mississippi State.
    • #2 seed Oklahoma State.
    • #2 seed Gonzaga.

Note to everyone out there. Even though I'm a little more partial towards UC -- because I live in Cincy -- I voted for UK. I may lean towards UC, but I'm not on the bandwagon of hating UK like most other that love UC. I hope locals win, no matter how much they are hated by my peers. BTW - Anything named 'cats is cool with me -- or the species of, you now like Bengals cause they are cats and all. Nevermind. :D

I picked UK but this thing is wide open. I can't remember a year that there were so many teams that could win it. I wish Uof L didn't have to play X right off the bat but it is a damn good first round game. Best of luck to everyone filling out brackets and stay away from local teams. Everyone takes the locals and most years you better your odds by going the other way. ;)

I wish Uof L didn't have to play X right off the bat but it is a damn good first round game.

I think that matchup, Seton Hall versus Arizona, and Memphis versus So. Carolina are the best of all first round games by far! Those will be close games! B)

Also, I heard on the radio that an estimated $1.5 billion get wasted at work just from employees talking about the tourney. Side Note - How in the hell do they know that? :lol:

I heard that too on Headline News radio, which I listen to at work. I think this is how they came up with that figure...

They filled out their brackets for their office pools...about $25 worth of non productive time. Then they figure these same people will waste five times that much time on the average, following the games as they are being played during the tournament. $25 plus $125 equals $150. Multiply that by the approximately one million fans participating...and BINGO!!! 1.5 Billion dollars!! (Mat, could you double check my equation here? :lol: )

Also, I heard on the radio that an estimated $1.5 billion get wasted at work just from employees talking about the tourney.  Side Note - How in the hell do they know that?  :lol:

I heard that too on Headline News radio, which I listen to at work. I think this is how they came up with that figure...

They filled out their brackets for their office pools...about $25 worth of non productive time. Then they figure these same people will waste five times that much time on the average, following the games as they are being played during the tournament. $25 plus $125 equals $150. Multiply that by the approximately one million fans participating...and BINGO!!! 1.5 Billion dollars!! (Mat, could you double check my equation here? :lol: )

Yea, I think Rich "math god" mat, should take this project on. :lol:

Also, I heard on the radio that an estimated $1.5 billion get wasted at work just from employees talking about the tourney.  Side Note - How in the hell do they know that?  :lol:

Yea, I think Rich "math god" mat, should take this project on. :lol:

Hey now.

I will not audit your numbers carefully, but they seem to be accurate. :)

I read the same headline, rolled my eyes and looked for something better to read.

If you only look at the cost you miss the profits. What the tourney produces more than outweighs its cost.

People will talk about nothing.

;)

I also meant to say that maybe next weekend we can start a pick the game again.

Too many to keep track of this week. :(

Kentucky's playing really good, but I'd like to see Oklahoma state and uconn play before I pick a champion. :unsure:

You got it mat! New poll for round two...but it may contain alot of these same teams. We'll see. B)

• 2 weeks later...