DE and DT left

volcom69

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudi for Abraham straight up? Take it in a heartbeat, baby. Thousand yard backs can be found in bubble gum machines. Pro Bowl DEs...well, they're a bit tougher.

True... But what about 1,500 yard backs? While talent wise the following may still be in question, Rudi has produced on par with some of the best backs in the league. I'm not certain someone else would have similar success, and don't think it's a chance worth taking just to get Abraham.

A guy breaks the Bengals single season rushing record in back to back years and is only 26 years old and you want to trade him. :eek:

As bad of luck that the Bengals have had finding a RB that will produce and not complain, I am speechless, utterly speechless, I don't have words to express the words I want to say, my brain can't come up with the words to display my feelings, I can not say anything beyond this point to relay my emotions, not a thing... :dots:

:death:

J-Abe gets off the edge and all but it's hard to get his sitting out of the playoffs out of the craw. He showed up this year, just not when his team needed him in the most. Course if the Bengas do trade Rudi for him at least they could get Joseph Addai -- a 3rd down back who can blitz block worth a sheot.

DE wise the draft looks more promising than what's left of free agency...for now at least. Darren Howard is gone to the Eagles, Aaron Kampman was re-signed by the Pack, Kalimba Edwards re-signed by the Lions and Trevor Pryce to the Ratbirds. About all who's left is Brady Smith, Kenard Lang, Lance Johnstone and Demetric Evans unless some body wants to roll with Willie McGinest at end.

The draft has maybe got Hali, Lawson and Kiwanuka all there at 24. DE looks more likely in Round 1 than DT to me given the quality of player who ought to be there -- unless Bunkley somehow manages to fall, which seems doubtful.

The DT situation doesn't look like it will change much except for the likelihood that it will be given higher priority in the draft -- at least Day 1.

But I'm not letting anyone take my Johnson away from me.....

:o:o:o

Um, has this happened before ?? I didn't know they were detachable...

As for Abraham in a trade, I say no. Marvin likes his picks to much and the Jets were wanting Schaub and the Falcons 2nd rounder for Abraham. I don't see this happening in anyway. If we are going to throw that kind of coin around, throw it at Pickett to clog the middle of our line !!!

WHODEY !!!

Think the Bengals will pay this ??? I think NOT...

Broncos | Team not willing to pay what Abraham is asking

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:24:05 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are not willing to pay what New York Jets franchise free agent DL John Abraham is asking. Abraham would like between $17 million and $18 million in guaranteed money, pricing himself out of the range for some of the league's biggest spenders. The Broncos are waiting for his price to drop.

WHODEY !!!