DE and DT left

volcom69

Can't see it. With the Dexter Jackson signing freeing up their draft options I see the Bengals odds increasing that they'll target a DT high in the draft. No doubt that's the way they wanted to play it from the start.

The Dexter Jackson signing doesn't change anything in the draft. We still need a stud safety in the draft. Our depth at the position is wafer thin.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't like the idea of drafting a DT early. They are too hard to judge while they are in college. However, if we can't get a DT in FA, which it appears they are way over-priced, and going fast... there aren't many other options.

We just have to cross our fingers and hope the guy we bring in is productive. A good DT will help both Smith and Geathers get to the QB... and if we bring in Maholena, who is known for his pass rushing skills... who knows... maybe it will be problem solved. The main issue I have with it is that you can't tell until they get to the NFL... and that is a huge risk in the 1st round or even 2nd round.

Big Orange, nice to see you back around this way !!!

Now, just like the Jackson signing yesterday won't stop us from drafting a Safety day one, neither would the signing of a FA DT. Go ahead and give me Sam's fatass and then have "The Bunk" fall to us at #24 or wait until the second and put Watson in with Sam. I can't see the downfall to that scenario outside of the dollar situation.

WHODEY !!!

Can't see it. With the Dexter Jackson signing freeing up their draft options I see the Bengals odds increasing that they'll target a DT high in the draft. No doubt that's the way they wanted to play it from the start.

The Dexter Jackson signing doesn't change anything in the draft. We still need a stud safety in the draft. Our depth at the position is wafer thin.

Get a clue. Go play in traffic. Moron. Idiot. :lmao:

And while you're at it, check out Marvin's remarks about the Jackson signing impacting their draft plans.

And while you're at it, check out Marvin's remarks about the Jackson signing impacting their draft plans.

Uh huh. don't read anything into Marvins remarks. It doesn't change anything. Our depth at the position is still wafer thin, and we will still be drafting a safety. This is just another example of Marvin playing it close to his vest and keeping us in the dark.

Uh huh. don't read anything into Marvins remarks. It doesn't change anything. Our depth at the position is still wafer thin, and we will still be drafting a safety. This is just another example of Marvin playing it close to his vest and keeping us in the dark.

I'll agree that you're in the dark. But I'm not about to ignore Marvin's remarks when they mirror my own response to the Jackson signing. I talked about the Bengals having freed up their draft options, not passing on drafting a safety altogether. I also speculated that the move increased the odds that the Bengals would use their highest picks on other positions....a point Marvin backed up.

So in a nutshell, you're dead wrong about nothing being changed....because increasing your options is a positive change.

People, you should know by now Marvin is not going to tip his hand and I'm sure he will be more than willing to say whatever will keep the guy he's targeting on the board. Don't be so quick to call someone clueless or stupid, when just the opposite may be the fact. To say we don't draft a Safety just because of Jackson is, well, STUPID. Are you happy with our Safety position and the depth behind your new "Savior of the Defense" ?? If so, I imagine you are the same people really happy with our run defense... Don't buy into everything said about who we may or may not draft...

WHODEY !!!

I just want to point out that one of those aforementions options remains taking a safety in r1 if indeed he is the BPA at that point.

To me, this is particularly attractive because now we have that player's experienced veteran mentor - the just-signed superbowl mvp Jackson.

If not r1, then r2, where there should still be some blue chip safeties available.

I'll agree that you're in the dark. But I'm not about to ignore Marvin's remarks when they mirror my own response to the Jackson signing. I talked about the Bengals having freed up their draft options, not passing on drafting a safety altogether. I also speculated that the move increased the odds that the Bengals would use their highest picks on other positions....a point Marvin backed up.

So in a nutshell, you're dead wrong about nothing being changed....because increasing your options is a positive change.

Ok Mr. Brain Trust, tell me how signing Dexter increased our options? Weren't our options already anything but a QB? Our likely targets were TE, SS, DT, DE, and CB. Our likely targets now are increased how? They are still the same. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Ok Mr. Brain Trust, tell me how signing Dexter increased our options?

I already have. The problem is you're not listening to anything but the angry voices in your head. So ignore what I have to say, because I'm just a message board plinker. Read Marvins remarks, and for once don't assume that he's lying.

Ok Mr. Brain Trust, tell me how signing Dexter increased our options?

I already have. The problem is you're not listening to anything but the angry voices in your head. So ignore what I have to say, because I'm just a message board plinker. Read Marvins remarks, and for once don't assume that he's lying.

Marvin isn't lying, he is, however obfuscating the facts. He's saying one thing to make you think something, when it really doesn't make a damnedbit of difference. Of course you're still in love with Leon, so who cares.

:( bear with me on this one fellas because i don't know what cap #'s would be, but let's say we get our DE lineman in a trade instead of FA...let's say we trade Rudi and a 3 or 4 for Abraham..every one knows they want to see Chris Perry start then we draft one of the RB's in the draft...

:( bear with me on this one fellas because i don't know what cap #'s would be, but let's say we get our DE lineman in a trade instead of FA...let's say we trade Rudi and a 3 or 4 for Abraham..every one knows they want to see Chris Perry start then we draft one of the RB's in the draft...

Your intentions were genuine, but you may have just awoken two sleeping giants. :lmao:

WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ??

That sh*t is just crazy !!! Seriously, we're cool, but WTF ??

This should be interesting to see the others respond...

WHODEY !!!

Your intentions were genuine, but you may have just awoken two sleeping giants. :lmao:

I hear ya. :lmao:

To be perfectly honest I wondered why nobody had spun my Perry/Abraham rant in this direction. After all, the basic premise starts with the Jets needing a RB, and Rudi is a much better one than Perry. But that leaves the Bengals with Perry as a starter, an idea that should make all of our bowels flop.

No, it's got to be Perry.

:D AB, It is ALL LOVE on this site, please never worry about offending me everyone has an opinion. As HOF said, this start because the Jets need an RB, I didn't think the Jets would go for Perry, that's why I said Rudi, Now AB i like Rudi too, but sometime if he would just cutback, he would still me running now...sometimes you have to improvise instead of running up your OL back..he needs to learn how to catch...There may still be more cuts to come we could still land an RB in FA and draft 1.

To be perfectly honest I wondered why nobody had spun my Perry/Abraham rant in this direction.

Well, you have to set your tripwires a bit lower than 6 feet off the ground. And hanging those big blinking yellow construction lights on them doesn't help. :lol:

Rudi for Abraham straight up? Take it in a heartbeat, baby. Thousand yard backs can be found in bubble gum machines. Pro Bowl DEs...well, they're a bit tougher.

To be perfectly honest I wondered why nobody had spun my Perry/Abraham rant in this direction.

Well, you have to set your tripwires a bit lower than 6 feet off the ground. And hanging those big blinking yellow construction lights on them doesn't help. :lol:

Rudi for Abraham straight up? Take it in a heartbeat, baby. Thousand yard backs can be found in bubble gum machines. Pro Bowl DEs...well, they're a bit tougher.

:) Denver does it every year...