DE and DT left

volcom69

I just saw Gary Walker got relesed from the texans i dont know how hes been latley but he was pretty good. So what other DE or DT is left that could help them i didnt mind the jackson signing but i sure hope they got to get someone to help with the passrush and to help stop the run. Just wondering did Julian Peterson go anywhere yet he is one of my fav players always liked him just wondering if he went anywhere. Who do u say they should go after.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know who I think might be on the market soon, and that same market just might finally be perfect for teh Bengals cause so many teams will be spent out...............Kris Jenkins :D

Seriously, why have the Panthers signed not one, but two DT's to high priced deals.

I know he's been injury prone and had a drinking problem, and this wouldn't be the first time I've been called a dreamer, but it looks fishy down there in Carolina, and I'm not talking about the cheerleaders! BING! :P

You know who I think might be on the market soon, and that same market just might finally be perfect for teh Bengals cause so many teams will be spent out...............Kris Jenkins :D

Seriously, why have the Panthers signed not one, but two DT's to high priced deals.

I know he's been injury prone and had a drinking problem, and this wouldn't be the first time I've been called a dreamer, but it looks fishy down there in Carolina, and I'm not talking about the cheerleaders! BING! :P

What hells up with their cheerleaders been hearing alot about em lately :P

from kffl...

Dolphins | Team still in the running for Adams

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:43:17 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports free agent DT Sam Adams (Bills) has narrowed his choice of teams to the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals.

Y'know, ya gotta hand it to Sam. He's still tryin'. C'mon, Marvin! Gimme some leverage here! Miami is the only visit he's had and all the "Bengals interest" I've seen has originated from either Sam or his agent.

from kffl...
Dolphins | Team still in the running for Adams

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:43:17 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports free agent DT Sam Adams (Bills) has narrowed his choice of teams to the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals.

Y'know, ya gotta hand it to Sam. He's still tryin'. C'mon, Marvin! Gimme some leverage here! Miami is the only visit he's had and all the "Bengals interest" I've seen has originated from either Sam or his agent.

I dont care what it takes...get his fat ass here.

I agree. He's not interested in us. HE'S JUST USING US! Forget about Sam.

Forget about Grady Jackson. He is not athletic enough for this defense. There is no one out there right now that would be a major upgrade. I know that many are not happy with BRob and JT but they are average and thats about what is left on the DT market. Average.

:bengal:

Our DT's don't need to be athletic...they just need to plug up the holes in the line. In other words, GET SAM ADAMS.

I would not mind Sam -- if the Bengals were prepared to do what it takes to make him most effective, namely get a big ol' mofo (like Grady or Gabe Watson in the draft) to put next to him. Otherwise he will struggle just like Thornton, IMHO. And Marvin has consistently oppposed this "big fatty" theory. Maybe that's changed and the Bengals are flying way under the radar on this one, but I can't see anything but the leverage angle being played here.

I would not mind Sam -- if the Bengals were prepared to do what it takes to make him most effective, namely get a big ol' mofo (like Grady or Gabe Watson in the draft) to put next to him. Otherwise he will struggle just like Thornton, IMHO. And Marvin has consistently oppposed this "big fatty" theory. Maybe that's changed and the Bengals are flying way under the radar on this one, but I can't see anything but the leverage angle being played here.

That is the biggest reason I don't think we'll be getting Sam Adams. I've seen no signs to suggest that Marvin plans on changing his philosophy on the defensive line any time soon, and he would have to do so for Adams to be a good fit. I expect us to draft a DT on the first day, but am not holding my breath for any of the free agent names I am seeing.

Can't see it. With the Dexter Jackson signing freeing up their draft options I see the Bengals odds increasing that they'll target a DT high in the draft. No doubt that's the way they wanted to play it from the start.

Forget Sam Adams. All he'll do is break the toilets at PBS.

The next FA target will be Jamie Martin, and I see 'em getting it done...a move that will piss off the very same people who complain when nobody is signed.

Can't see it. With the Dexter Jackson signing freeing up their draft options I see the Bengals odds increasing that they'll target a DT high in the draft. No doubt that's the way they wanted to play it from the start.

The next FA target will be Jamie Martin, and I see 'em getting it done...a move that will piss off the very same people who complain when nobody is signed.

is Jamie Martin s**tty? i;m not to filmilar with him

Don't count on Gary Walker...he is awful

what makes sam adams better?

my sentiments, O and these same people will complain when we don't draft a DT in the 1st round.

If they sign Jamie Martin, they will need to get Centrum Silver to but a luxury box....it's a great time to be silver, Jamie.

they simply cannot sign Martin...

Don't sweat it. Latest reports say they have Chris Redman on the hook...

(no, I'm not joking...)

Because Marvin has consistently oppposed the "big fatty" theory, I tend to think that Rocky Bernard would be more Marvin's style than Adams, Grady, or Watson.

Wow you guys didnt know that Marvin said he wanted a big 335 guy. In the interview he sounded quite intent. So why wouldnt Adams fit. they need somebaody to rotatae with Smith. He might be to pricey for us.If we truly are looking for a rotation guy.

love to see this interview.

Here is the sheet on Sam Adams...

I think the guy can still play a couple of years

Pro Career

2004: Named to his third Pro Bowl in five years in 2004 after finishing the season with 40 tackles and five sacks…Adams' dominance on the defense line transcended individual statistics, as he played a huge role in the Bills' No. 2 overall defensive ranking in '04, including ranking 7th against the run.

2003: Was second on the Bills with 5.0 sacks. Registered two tackles, one sack, one quarterback pressure, and one interception that he returned 37 yards for a touchdown to become only the fourth Bills defensive lineman to score a touchdown on an interception versus New England (9/7).

2002: Joined the Raiders as a free agent signing on August 18 and played in 15 regular season games and made 14 starts at DT. Adams had two sacks to bring his career total to 29.0.

2001: Appeared in 14 games with 14 starts at defensive tackle for the Baltimore Ravens. Also started both of the Ravens postseason contests. Adams Recorded two sacks to bring his career total to 27.0. He also was selected to his second straight Pro Bowl and earned All Pro honors from Pro Football Weekly, Football News, and College & Pro Football Weekly.

2000: Signed with Baltimore as a free agent on April 17, 2000 and went on to start all 16 regular season games at defensive tackle for eventual Super Bowl Champion Ravens. Adams earned his first career Pro Bowl selection and was chosen as a starter on the AFC squad. He was a key contributor to the Ravens Super Bowl champion squad that also boasted the NFL's top-ranked defense. Adams finished with 69 tackles, five forced fumbles (tied for team-lead), one fumble recovery and two sacks.

1999: Started 13 games for the Seahawks and finished with 38 tackles (31 solo), 2 sacks, a fumble recovery and 2 passes defensed

1998: Adams finished his fifth season with the Seahawks with 31 tackles (28 solo), 2 sacks and a 25-yard INT for a TD. He also was named the Seahawks 1998 Man of the Year for his community involvement.

1997: Adams played 16 games and made 15 starts at defensive tackle for the Seahawks and was selected as a Pro Bowl alternate at DT. He set single-season highs for the second consecutive season in tackles with 52 and sacks (7).

1996: Adams played 16 games for Seattle and made 14 starts at left tackle. He finished the season with 41 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 11 tackles for loss, three passes defensed, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery - all career highs.

1995: In his second NFL season with Seattle, Adams appeared in 16 games (5 starts) registering 26 tackles (15 solo), 3 sacks and 4 passes defensed. He scored the first points of his career when he sacked Mark Brunnell for a safety in Game 10 at Jax (11/12).

1994: As a rookie with the Seahawks, Adams played the last 12 games and made 7 starts - six at left end and one at left tackle. He missed the first four games due to a knee sprain suffered in the preseason finale at SF (8/26). Adams was credited with 27 tackles (20 solo), 4 sacks, 6.0 tackles for loss, and 4 passes defensed on the year. He ended the season tied for the team lead in sacks.

College Career

Three-year starter. Consensus first-team All-America in 1993 by Associated Press, Kodak, United Press International, and the Walter Camp Foundation. First-team All-Southwest Conference pick in 1993 by Associated Press, Football News, Austin American-Statesman, Dallas Morning News, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Houston Chronicle, Houston Post, and Waco Tribune-Herald. Led team in big plays (51.5), tackles for loss (13), sacks (10.5), quarterback pressures (16), assisted tackles (33), forced fumbles (5), and fumble recoveries (3), while collecting 78 tackles. First-team All-SWC in 1992 after collecting 56 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, and 4.5 sacks. Conference Newcomer of the Year as a freshman in 1991 and first-team freshman All-America choice by Football News. Finished his career with 169 total tackles, 23 tackles for loss, and 20.5 sacks, 7 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, and 2 interceptions. Also was a member of the track team throwing the shot and discus. Agricultural Economics major.

Personal Bio

Prep Southwest Defensive Player of the Year and state 5A high school shot put champion at Cypress Creek High School in Houston, Texas. Rated the second best shot putter in the nation while in high school. His father, Sam, Sr., played guard at Prairie View A&M and for the New England Patriots (1972-80) and New Orleans Saints (1981). Works with Junior Achievement. Hosts an annual charity billiards tournament. Hosts underprivileged children at all home games in a special section called the “Epicenter.” Lives in Redmond with his wife, Erika, and their son, Terin (2/26/97), and daughter, Tea Alexis (5/10/99).