BENGAL

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KFFL:

Texans | Rumor alert: Team signs K. Walter to offer sheet

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:43:12 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the Houston Texans might have signed restricted free agent WR Kevin Walter (Bengals) to an offer sheet. The Bengals might not match the offer since it is expected to average $1.5 million a season with $2.5 million up front. If the team does not match the offer and Walter signs with the Texans, the Bengals would receive a seventh-round draft choice as compensation.

It just occurred to me...would the compensatory pick come directly from the Texans, or would they be distributed by the league? I seem to remember getting an extra pick when Spikes left, and I don't think it came from Buffalo. And I think the Broncos picked Clarett with a compensatory pick...at the end of the round.

It would be a 30+ pick difference if the pick comes at the end of the round.

It just occurred to me...would the compensatory pick come directly from the Texans, or would they be distributed by the league? I seem to remember getting an extra pick when Spikes left, and I don't think it came from Buffalo. And I think the Broncos picked Clarett with a compensatory pick...at the end of the round.

It would be a 30+ pick difference if the pick comes at the end of the round.

we'll get the texans, compensatory picks like the spieks one were awarded from the league cause he left as a FA.

Walter is a RFA.

THat is a little rich for a guy who, while shined when he hd the chance, is barely a 4th WR in the NFL....

I'd rather have the pick, where the talent would be comparable but the cost would be much less. Matching the offer makes bad financial sense.

We just got it up the arse! The Tex bastards spotted him. He was breaking out. I dont thik we can pay that. He is the back up to Housh. He goes across the middle. This could kill our depth there. However Perry could come in quick. Maybe they just one upd us. T Perry can make him look sick. Let him walk but he will be good , mark my words.

THat is a little rich for a guy who, while shined when he hd the chance, is barely a 4th WR in the NFL....

Shining when he got the chance is why he was offered the money. If we weren't kinda set at WR and didn't have other areas in need of upgrades, I'd say match the offer. He's better than KW.

He is injured alot..probably related to being 5'8" and 180 soaking wet in winter clothes...and a punk.

I do like his speed and his first-down to reception ratio but he will command too much cake....I think we can do better in the draf, from r5 on.

Washington is a much better wideout. The fact that he actually ticks SOME people off after he scores TD's won't change that.

Don't match the deal. Thank Walter for the fish, let him go with no hard feelings, use the 7th round pick wisely, and don't look back when Houston builds an offensive powerhouse around the 7-yard slant.

Our Day one TE will shore up any lost production from Henry (jail) and Walter (Texans Offense - might as well be jail) being gone.

Curious to see who has interest in K-Wash...given Walter's offer, will Kelly's new nicknake be K-Ca$h?