Tracking the Cleveland Spending Spree

Dan2330

I dunno about youse guys, but the Browns have done very well in FA, IMO.

Bolstered their O-Line, added a tall physical WR who will out-jump and out-muscle secondary players in Jeruvicus (sp?)

also got some help for that D-Line, got a big DT that Crennel will need for his 3-4 defense.

These guys are ascending in a manner much like Coach Lewis has done with this team. I had that feeling ever since they hired Crennel, that the Browns are going to be pretty good, it would just take time.

I have the feeling that the Browns will have a good draft as well.

The AFCN is shaping up to be the toughest division in the league.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolstered their O-Line, added a tall physical WR who will out-jump and out-muscle secondary players in Jeruvicus (sp?)

also got some help for that D-Line, got a big DT that Crennel will need for his 3-4 defense.

These guys are ascending in a manner much like Coach Lewis has done with this team. I had that feeling ever since they hired Crennel, that the Browns are going to be pretty good, it would just take time.

I've been saying the same thing since the Browns started making their moves in FA. All that and Braylon Edwards and Winslow will be back this upcoming season. Go ahead and bash Winslow, (I think he's a little b*tch myself) but he will improve their situation. Edwards was leading the league for rookies in receptions and TD's before his injury. Who was throwing to him ?? Oh yeah, the guy getting bashed as stupid... Frye... Once again, I hope they suck bigtime, but you can't ignore what's going on in Cleveland and if they get overlooked this year, there are going to be some hurt feelings...

WHODEY !!!

I've been saying the same thing since the Browns started making their moves in FA. All that and Braylon Edwards and Winslow will be back this upcoming season. Go ahead and bash Winslow, (I think he's a little b*tch myself) but he will improve their situation. Edwards was leading the league for rookies in receptions and TD's before his injury. Who was throwing to him ?? Oh yeah, the guy getting bashed as stupid... Frye... Once again, I hope they suck bigtime, but you can't ignore what's going on in Cleveland and if they get overlooked this year, there are going to be some hurt feelings...

WHODEY !!!

I've got a feeling as well that the Browns will be overlooked much like the Bengals were in '05 (I did too), but with a new and improved line, Frye, Edwards, Winslow, Droughns, and Jurevicus, I'm very optimistic.

We signed a good solid nose tackle, resigned Roye, and have an offer out on Kalimba Edwards. Hopefully we can sign a few linebackers, and then build on defense even more in the draft, this will be good for us.

I see the Browns sticking up with the Bengals and Steelers all season long. (sorry, I got off topic).

Edwards resigned with the Lions...

Lions | Team re-signs K. Edwards

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:49:21 -0800

ESPN.com's Michael Smith reports free agent DE Kalimba Edwards (Lions) has re-signed with the Detroit Lions. He signed a five-year, $20 million contract, with $8 million in guarantees.

WHODEY !!!

and it continues......

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have agreed to terms with free agent LB Willie McGinest (Patriots) on a three-year, $12 million deal.

That's the one Cleveland signing so far that doesn't surprise me... Crennel wanted his Patriots defenseman back. I'm glad we didn't pursue him though, I don't think he's worth quite that much.

and it continues......

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have agreed to terms with free agent LB Willie McGinest (Patriots) on a three-year, $12 million deal.

That's the one Cleveland signing so far that doesn't surprise me... Crennel wanted his Patriots defenseman back. I'm glad we didn't pursue him though, I don't think he's worth quite that much.

I think he is worth that much, the guy is bad ass (I did despise him when he was with New England), he's such a good fit for the 3-4.

I think he is worth that much, the guy is bad ass (I did despise him when he was with New England), he's such a good fit for the 3-4.

He is a good'un, there's no denying that. He's just getting older, and I don't like spending any amount of big money on old guys.

Kazkal, I'm going crazy with Dawg Talk being down, especially during such a crucial point in the offseason, lol. I'm assuming it's down because of all of the bandwidth.

It must be all the fans trying log in non stop @ once sense they signed bently lol I've been checking it every couple days because i wanna see you guys's fans :P in the excitement...Gonna be some good football played next year betetween Bengals and browns

Damn theyre spending money on old Ted Washington...... guess what s**tstains.......you still aint gonna stop Rudi!

and now Mc Ginnest... his best years are behind him.

they are spending too money on old guys

Haha.. I think we are going to stop Rudi.. but whatever you say.

Spending too much money on valuable pieces for a 3-4 defense? I don't think so.

Gay male prostitute posters aside, until Cleveland finds a QB, all these signings, other than Bentley, are band-aids. They will be improved, but not really fearing the mighty Ted Washington and Joe Jurevicious too much.

McGinest was a good pick-up though, short term investment, and a nice upgrade, if he stays healthy.

Damn theyre spending money on old Ted Washington...... guess what s**tstains.......you still aint gonna stop Rudi!

well you may stop rudi ;) but you wont stop 85 ^_^ inless high winds...again lol

Gay male prostitute posters aside, until Cleveland finds a QB, all these signings, other than Bentley, are band-aids. They will be improved, but not really fearing the mighty Ted Washington and Joe Jurevicious too much.

McGinest was a good pick-up though, short term investment, and a nice upgrade, if he stays healthy.

I think they have that QB honestly, in Chuckie Frye. He looks like he could end up a good one. I'm not convinced that Droughns is going to be quite as effective though, and the receiving corps will miss Bryant.

well you may stop rudi ;) but you wont stop 85 ^_^ inless high winds...again lol

Well.. If I remember correctly, the guy in my signature stopped him last year, and will once again this year. :lmao:

The Cleveland Broncos just signed Kenard Lang to a 3 year deal.

I saw that, I laughed quietly to myself for a few minutes.

Well.. If I remember correctly, the guy in my signature stopped him last year, and will once again this year. :lmao:

And after that, he'll lose the game for y'all on two legit penalties! :P

Say something that untrue again and I'll put your mouth on a curb and stomp yo head in. :)

Looks like Cleveland will be pretty good next year. Their young QB looked good against us in the game here last year. Might be a good year for Browns fans!

I just watched that movie the other day. Doesn't your avatar of Chris Henry look just lke the guy that has to bite the curb :lol:

Haha it does look exactly like him! Ed Norton owns the Chris Henry look-alike!

Looks like Cleveland will be pretty good next year. Their young QB looked good against us in the game here last year. Might be a good year for Browns fans!

Hells yeas it's gonna be a good year, we're preparing to get season tickets. :cheers: