Tracking the Cleveland Spending Spree

Dan2330

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns | Rumor alert: Team trying to trade Faine?

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:30:21 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports there is some talk the Cleveland Browns are trying to trade OC Jeff Faine. He is a three-year starter and former first-round draft pick who is just 24 years old.

Sheesh...you'd think we were playing Madden the way the Browns are making moves.

Why do they all hate Faine that much?? Is it the Tatoos?!

Haha we really don't.. but when you have Lecharles Bentley, you can afford to lose Faine.

Browns | Edwards visits; team working to sign him

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:53:30 -0800

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns are working to sign free agent DE Kalimba Edwards (Lions), Browns general manager Phil Savage confirmed. "Obviously we're in it," Savage said of the Edwards negotiations. "I can't say for sure if he's coming or not, but we're hopeful." Edwards was in Cleveland Saturday, March 11, and Sunday, March 12.

Why didn't all these big names come to Cincy when WE sucked?! :lol:

Because we didn't have $27 million to spend...

Right on WCA...

Amazing what money AND someone willing to spend will do for you. None of this is saying the Browns will be 12-4, but if you think coach Crennel isn't going to coach these guys up, you are crazy.

Do you think when Marvin first came here and he had gotten all kinds of impact players, he would not of had them coached up and ready to "do their job"? Why not expect the same of Crennel ??

WHODEY !!!

Who, I thought The Browns were going to have a solid year even before all the signings.

Here is to a return to the good old days when the Ohio teams dominate the division.

I long for the Browns/Bengals games to mean more than the Stealers/Bengals games.

Hopefully you stomp on Pitt this season along with us.

Why didn't all these big names come to Cincy when WE sucked?! :lol:

Because we didn't have $27 million to spend...

Right on WCA...

Amazing what money AND someone willing to spend will do for you. None of this is saying the Browns will be 12-4, but if you think coach Crennel isn't going to coach these guys up, you are crazy.

Do you think when Marvin first came here and he had gotten all kinds of impact players, he would not of had them coached up and ready to "do their job"? Why not expect the same of Crennel ??

WHODEY !!!

The Browns are going to be like the Bengals were in Marvins 1st yr. they will be a 7-9, 8-8 team..the $ thing was right on..players say they play because they love the game, but love is not paying the bills.. img90844875uo.jpg

Love of the game ?? I'm sure they do love the game, but they also love having their pockets stuffed full of cash.

On that note, I love being in the Army, but I can't go to another unit because they throw more money at me to do my job.

I need to start a petition to allow free agency in the Military !!! :D

WHODEY !!!

Who, I thought The Browns were going to have a solid year even before all the signings.

Here is to a return to the good old days when the Ohio teams dominate the division.

I long for the Browns/Bengals games to mean more than the Stealers/Bengals games.

Hopefully you stomp on Pitt this season along with us.

I think the Browns will still end up taking 3rd place in the division, but, anything can happen.

:cheers: Cheers RedsBengalsBucks!

Agreed.

I think the Browns will still end up taking 3rd place in the division, but, anything can happen.

As long as you finish ahead of Baltimore, you can rest easy. :)

i'd say browns finish 9-7 this year possible 10-6 if they sweep steelers and ravens :P

Should be fu n run for division title next year :P Browns,bengals and steelers should all play each other in the last 3 weeks

'

PS,Who why has dawg talk been down for like 4 days....must be all fans going crazy

i'd say browns finish 9-7 this year possible 10-6 if they sweep steelers and ravens :P

Should be fu n run for division title next year :P Browns,bengals and steelers should all play each other in the last 3 weeks

'

PS,Who why has dawg talk been down for like 4 days....must be all fans going crazy

Kazkal, I'm going crazy with Dawg Talk being down, especially during such a crucial point in the offseason, lol. I'm assuming it's down because of all of the bandwidth.

'

Kazkal, I'm going crazy with Dawg Talk being down, especially during such a crucial point in the offseason, lol. I'm assuming it's down because of all of the bandwidth.

Should we Bengalszoneers expect a drove of trolls in the near future as a direct result of this malfunction?

'

Should we Bengalszoneers expect a drove of trolls in the near future as a direct result of this malfunction?

Nahhh I wouldn't imagine so, I think you're safe. :lmao:

We need to rename this the Washington Spending spree...

Redskins | Team agrees to terms with A. Carter

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:40:20 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Washington Redskins have now agreed to terms with free agent LB/DE Andre Carter (49ers) on a six-year contract valued at about $30 million.

At least Cleveland had a ton of cap space to work with.... The Redskins are just digging themselves into a ditch.

Ditch my a$$...that's a tunnel to China! :lol:

Redskins | Team working to free up cap space

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:50:52 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Redskins have begun converting about $13.5 million in total roster bonuses due to players in 2006 into signing bonuses, which will clear about $10 million in total cap space.

To put it in the words of the classic Wayans Bros. bit, "The Homeboy Shopping Network"...

MO MONEY, MO MONEY, MO MONEY!!!!!!! :wacko: