Tracking the Cleveland Spending Spree

Dan2330

Hes not even a TJ...he is more like a Kevin Walter, and even that is pushing it

Two words: Bull S**t. JJ is a very good wideout. I watched him play in his time with the Jints and they were idiots to let him go. He just had a hell of a year with Seattle. Not equal to Kevin Walter? Don't make me laugh -- oh, too late, you just did. Another solid signing for the Browns. :(

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two words: Bull S**t. JJ is a very good wideout. I watched him play in his time with the Jints and they were idiots to let him go. He just had a hell of a year with Seattle. Not equal to Kevin Walter? Don't make me laugh -- oh, too late, you just did. Another solid signing for the Browns. :(

JJ is getting a little old, but he was a touchdown machine in Seattle this year. Add him to Antonio Bryant, Braylon Edwards, and Kellen Winslow and that's a pretty nice receiving corps.

JJ is getting a little old, but he was a touchdown machine in Seattle this year. Add him to Antonio Bryant, Braylon Edwards, and Kellen Winslow and that's a pretty nice receiving corps.

Really? Bryant is marginal. Winslow has done nothing while suffering two successive and extremely serious injuries to his wheels;he'll never be the player the Browns thought they were getting when he was drafted. Edwards may turn out to be a player after he recovers from his blown-out knee. Jurevicious is a good player, but at this stage of his carrer he is a journeyman. All in all, the Cleveland receiving corps is a mixed bag of question marks. Except for Jurevicious, they have done nothing of consequence in the NFL.

<_< Bentley was an A, JJ was a C-, I thought the Pryce signing was good for the Ratbirds but with the NT leaving that takes some of the sting out..Why is that we never make a move the first couple of days of FA...I would like a Dexter Jackson or Marlon McCree, forget a Sage Rosenfals or Niagra falls or whatever...sign some D help...SIGN SOME FRIGGIN BODY

I thought Antonio Bryant was a free agent. And whatever happened to Frisman Jackson?

Bryant is a free agent, and most likely will leave because he will be asking for a good amount of money after the 1,000 yard receiving season.

Frisman Jackson hasn't really done anything in his career after being a converted wide receiver from a QB coming out of college, other than the opening game of the 2005 season against the Bengals.

Kevin Walter? I think you're overexaggerating a bit.

Boy what a concept, protect Frye and put weapons around him.

If the Browns F*CK up the 2006 season and finish in the basement, I will laugh my asspiece off !!! I hope to be laughing real hard, but I just don't see it happening. Coach Crennel is going to make it happen just like Marvin did here. Big difference is Marvin never had 30 million to spend during FA. Boy, the AFCN is going to be a powerhouse !!!

(Except for Boller and the Ratbirds)

WHODEY !!!

Boy what a concept, protect Frye and put weapons around him.

If the Browns F*CK up the 2006 season and finish in the basement, I will laugh my asspiece off !!! I hope to be laughing real hard, but I just don't see it happening. Coach Crennel is going to make it happen just like Marvin did here. Big difference is Marvin never had 30 million to spend during FA. Boy, the AFCN is going to be a powerhouse !!!

(Except for Boller and the Ratbirds)

WHODEY !!!

True but 1 thing marvin did have coming in was a O-line which browns diden't hehe which for the browns now is really only like having 14million

That's just dumb, WCA.

You're starting to become a more reasoned, articulate writer here, and yet you came up with that?

He's one of the best possession receivers in the league, and was very key to Seattle's success this year.

He's not a long term solution for Cleveland, but he will be a better than average quality target for Frye, who is turning out to be a good quarterback.

As someone earlier said - what a concept - put weapons and protection around Frye :-)

Who woulda thunk

Browns sign Ted Washington

Browns | Team agrees to terms with T. Washington

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 10:08:10 -0800

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Cleveland Browns have reached a contract agreement with free agent DT Ted Washington (Raiders). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Baltimore is pursuing Sam Adams and Grady Jackson as well...

That's just dumb, WCA.

You're starting to become a more reasoned, articulate writer here, and yet you came up with that?

He's one of the best possession receivers in the league, and was very key to Seattle's success this year.

He's not a long term solution for Cleveland, but he will be a better than average quality target for Frye, who is turning out to be a good quarterback.

As someone earlier said - what a concept - put weapons and protection around Frye :-)

Who woulda thunk

Wait... I fail to see how Frye is turning out to be a good quarterback. He had ONE great game against the Jags, but they still lost. But out of the other 6 games he played, one was a 78 rating, and he didn't have a rating over 70 in ANY of his other games. He's not good at all. He's done nothing.

I fail to see how Frye is turning out to be a good quarterback. He had ONE great game against the Jags, but they still lost. But out of the other 6 games he played, one was a 78 rating, and he didn't have a rating over 70 in ANY of his other games. He's not good at all. He's done nothing.

Let me help you out

Let's start with the fact that he played this well as a **rookie**

Let's add that he had very few weapons and a suspect line around him

Let's not forget that one great game as well......it's on the books, part of his history....and I think he won a major award that week for his performance? Need I add that Jacksonville is considered to be a very good defensive team?

Now, all that said, I didn't say he was a GREAT QB, just a GOOD one.

I think the comment is well justified, and suspect that others, if they cared to address you, would say the same.

What you are seeing in Cleveland these past 48 hours is certainly in part about them havign a lot of money to spend, but the OTHER story is that they have a talented QB now and are building a team around him, and spending millions of dollars on their belief in him. Perhaps they view things just a bit differently than you do as well?

Cleveland is going after everybody! the KFFL newswire is just Browns this, Browns that.

BTW, theor going after Chris Hope.

Chris Hope? Ahhh.. I don't feel too well about that one, he never impressed me that much, Pool and Hope Safetys '06 maybe?

I fail to see how Frye is turning out to be a good quarterback. He had ONE great game against the Jags, but they still lost. But out of the other 6 games he played, one was a 78 rating, and he didn't have a rating over 70 in ANY of his other games. He's not good at all. He's done nothing.

Let me help you out

Let's start with the fact that he played this well as a **rookie**

Let's add that he had very few weapons and a suspect line around him

Let's not forget that one great game as well......it's on the books, part of his history....and I think he won a major award that week for his performance? Need I add that Jacksonville is considered to be a very good defensive team?

Now, all that said, I didn't say he was a GREAT QB, just a GOOD one.

I think the comment is well justified, and suspect that others, if they cared to address you, would say the same.

What you are seeing in Cleveland these past 48 hours is certainly in part about them havign a lot of money to spend, but the OTHER story is that they have a talented QB now and are building a team around him, and spending millions of dollars on their belief in him. Perhaps they view things just a bit differently than you do as well?

I agree, while Frye may not be a great quarterback at any point in his career, he's definitely solid and can take this team places. We're surrounding him with an actual offensive line, something that we haven't had since we have came back, and this year I think he will be much more comfortable in our offense.

Plus, with Braylon Edwards, Joe Jurevicius, Kellen Winslow, Denny Northcutt, and also Steve Heiden, the Browns should have a pretty decent passing game. Not to mention Reuben Droughns complimenting the passing game.

I'd go further actually.

While I am anything but a Cleveland fan, what he showed me in his rookie year is enough to convince me he may well become a great QB, maybe sooner than later.

The guy has great intangibles, his numbers sometimes may not look great, but he just goes out and wins games.

By the way Jackson.. when is Palmer supposed to be recovered you think?

Gimme Kitna!

And holy friggin' CRAP, Who?.... Your Browns are going insane! They can't sign EVERYBODY!

Haha I think they just might! We are signing Bart Scott and Teddy Washington very soon..

This calls for some singing..

"Bernie Bernie! Whoooahhh Bernie, how you can throw, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!"