Free Agents

volcom69

Woodson would be a good SS but will be asking for too much coin. Lang would give us an upgrade over Geathers. Plummer would be a good nickel corner.

Woodson a good SS? He's not even that good at his current position, CB. :P

Lang wouldn't be an upgrade over Geathers.

Pick up Plummer for a nickel corner? I'd rather pick up someone in the draft to be a nickel corner, that or just leave it to keiwan for now.

From the list of guys released so far I would be interested in 2 of them. They are:

1) Kenard Lang-he goes back to DE where he pushes for playing time and may even start, he is what this front 7 needs a pass rusher off the edge and is definitely an upgrade over Duane Clemons and shoudn't be too expensive.

2)Lance Legree-he gives us some size in the middle(6'1 305) and allows us to let Powell walk and he too wont break the bank.

these two guys replace both Clemons and Powell, and still allow for us to sign more FA's or resign our guys to extentions. Also I feel these guys also have upgraded the defensive front and it allows us more freedom in the draft. I would still like a DT in the first 3 rounds and I hope he pushes Askew off the roster.

Funny how just a couple years ago people would have killed for Woodson, hell even Plummer got pimped to come here, and now no one is interested. I think there is a lot to be said for a change of scenery, but on that note as mentioned, Woodson will want to much $$$ and I'm not sure what the others would truly do for us outside of depth.

WHODEY !!!

Kenard Lang=Sucks

Ahmed Plummer=Sucks

Charles Woodson= Wouldn't mind having, but will ask for a s**tload of money.

What about Larry Tripplett?

I just ran across Triplett's name as well and wondering the same thing. Did he benefit from having great players around him or is he just that solid ?? Worth a look maybe...

WHODEY !!!

Kenard Lang=Sucks

Ahmed Plummer=Sucks

Charles Woodson= Wouldn't mind having, but will ask for a s**tload of money.

What about Larry Tripplett?

Plummer doesn't suck, just injury prone. Woodson sucks just as bad and would cost alot more than Plummer.

The only reason the Bengals give these guys a shot is if they can get them for a steal depending on the market. I want to see how things shake out since the CBA discussions fell through making 2007 a possible no cap year. Huge 2 year deals totally backloaded may be a smart move for these guys.

WCA - if you recall the Hobson article where he explains away our $17M cap buffer...like 4-5 for rookie pool...2 or so for the RFA tenders...4 for extending the Oline...leaing like 3-4 for new FA's...not much by any standard...

I think the Brown's will still think about this first from the fiscal side...meaning they won;t be a player in FA....

Mike Williams just got dumped by the Bills....hmmmm....someone to have on board in case we can't sign Levi and if Big Willie gets hurt...

Williams got the axe because he's an habitual underachiever. Got on Mularkeys s**t list because of his work habits .... or lack thereof & promptly responding by " claiming " a back injury . Mularkey responded that it was more of a chest injury ( implication that he had no heart ). Kid had a ton of potential ..... a new coach to impress and was getting lauded by the press and he blew it all.

You'd swear this was the second coming of " Big Daddy " ..... and I just don't want to see us go thru that again.

Tripplett would be a good player to go after...the $$ will probably prevent him signing....

With the CBA hanging in the balance...this will be a very weird year.

We have $17 million dollars under the cap, I doubt it will be that hard to get him here.

Man I wonder how many teams in the leauge are that far under cap???? :o

With the Colts resigning Raheem Brock and the money spent on Wayne, Tripplett will probably be let go. Over on the ColtsFreak website, they are pretty much of the same feeling. They said, he (like most would) benefitted from playing with some of the players he did, but he's more than solid and will miss him for (if nothing else) DEPTH... God knows a little depth on the D-line would be nice, but I would see Tripplett challenging for a starting position...

WHODEY !!!

From the list of guys released so far I would be interested in 2 of them. They are:

1) Kenard Lang-he goes back to DE where he pushes for playing time and may even start, he is what this front 7 needs a pass rusher off the edge and is definitely an upgrade over Duane Clemons and shoudn't be too expensive.

2)Lance Legree-he gives us some size in the middle(6'1 305) and allows us to let Powell walk and he too wont break the bank.

Lang and Legree would be good fits for the Bengals. Still think Lang would cost some coin, probably more than what Big Duane is set to get. But Lang is better than Clemons. Lang and Darren Howard ought to be looked at if the Bengals plan to upgrade DE, especially for the rush. I would expect Howard to cost more than Lang, though.

Legree reminds me of the DT who replaced him with the Giants, Kendrick Clancy, who is also a UFA. Clancy would cost a lot more now than Legree given the year Clancy had. But still rather see a bigger body like Kemoeatu at DT for the left side or at nose on Bengals 3-man fronts. But Kemoeatu should command a fairly hefty payday.

The Bengals definitely need another rotational DT with an emphasis on the left side IMO -- somebody with Shaun Smith type girth. I like the idea of Bryan Robinson splitting more time at the other side where I think he would provide the same kind of improvement that he made on the left side when he replaced Thornton there. In that respect, I don't think Larry Triplett is the answer because he looked to me more like a 3-4 DE or a DT in a 4-3 scheme like the Colts where there's lots of stunting with some preference for tweener types who can kick inside or out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fanene come in at about 305 this spring and put in the RDT rotation, especially if the loose lips sinks John Thornton's ship.