WTF is up with Stewart!?!

BengalszoneBilly

First he says's drivers need to settle down, and not be so aggressive. Then he goes out and acts like a freakin' jerk!! I'm starting to think the old a**h*** is back! Damn...not even Kyle Busch is acting that infantile!

Well after the race he admitted paying Matt back for something that happened earlier. Something no one else seemed to see happen. My respect for him just plummeted. BTW, capital EFF Jimmy Johnson. Cheaters shouldn't win.

Kudo's to Jamie McMurray, and Kyle Busch. They made some mistakes, but manned up and apologized. Something Tony was unable to come up with the balls to do.

It was hilarious.

First Stewart doesn't give Gordon an inch early in the race causing both of them damage.That's racing,no big deal.But it happens to him when Kenseth got him sideways,and he wrecks him later in retaliation.

If anybody here is a Stewart fan,don't even try to say he didn't.He not only swerved to hit him,but when Kenseth moved low to avoid him,Stewart chased him clear into the friggin' GRASS to wreck him.But hey,it's good to know that 20fatboyidiot is concerned about aggressive driving.

Stewart even admitted in a roundabout way that he intentionally wrecked Kenseth in the post race interview.

BTW, capital EFF Jimmy Johnson. Cheaters shouldn't win.

If Jimmy Johnson cheated wouldn't he have been suspended with his crew chief? Was he driving an illegal car for the Daytona 500?

Hell yes that whole fing team sould have been disquifed

hey tonny sould be suppend for like 5 races for doing that crap

Chad Knaus should be suspended for the rest of the year and fired from Johnson's team. The driver and the rest of the team shouldn't be disqualified because of an idiot crew chief. They will most likely be docked points though.

Stewart should be docked points or suspended after pretty much admitting after the race that he intentionally went after Kenseth in retaliation. Most likely nothing will come of this though.

NASCAR should have confiscated the #48 car. That would have stopped it all right there, even if JJ won with a backup car.

I don't support suspending a whole team for the weekend because, after all, we'd never see an NFL team sent home because a head coach cheated. Then again, how many recruitment violations do we see in NCAA football and basketball result in two-year probation and ban from post-season play?

AS FOR TONY. Look he was an ass Sunday. He deflected every question blaming everyone else. I didn't see Kenseth doing anything to Stewart other than Stewart losing it on his own -- something with air on a rear spoiler.

I'm sure Tony's temper was already at work with what happened with the #24 car. But for all the talk about the "new" Tony, he pretty much wrecked that -- pun intended.

Chad Knaus should be suspended for the rest of the year and fired from Johnson's team. The driver and the rest of the team shouldn't be disqualified because of an idiot crew chief.

IMO, Jimmy knew damn good and well what Chad was trying to pull. They should have confiscated the car and suspended both crew chief and driver two races. It ain't the first time this team has gotten busted.

Chad Knaus should be suspended for the rest of the year and fired from Johnson's team. The driver and the rest of the team shouldn't be disqualified because of an idiot crew chief.

IMO, Jimmy knew damn good and well what Chad was trying to pull. They should have confiscated the car and suspended both crew chief and driver two races. It ain't the first time this team has gotten busted.

If it was proven Johnson knew about it then fine he should also be suspended. Otherwise no. No it isn't the first time for this team, that is why I think Knaus should be gone the rest of the year.

If it was proven Johnson knew about it then fine he should also be suspended. Otherwise no. No it isn't the first time for this team, that is why I think Knaus should be gone the rest of the year.

The way I believe it is Terry is that nothing happens on the teams car that the crew chief and driver are not aware of. The relationship is too tight for it to be any other way.

I agree. However, I think there should be proof before assuming that's true. Especially in today's NASCAR where the drivers don't even look at the cars -- so it seems -- before Friday with all their sponsership obligations and appearences.

I will give Stewart one thing, because of what he said and did, most of the major media focused big time on NASCAR and that's always good for the sport. As they say, bad press is still good press.

I thought in racing if you weren't cheating you arent' trying?

Pushing the envelope of legality and blantant acts of disregarding the rules, although both are termed "cheating," are two very different things! The 48 team pushed the envelope when confronted over their shock absorber incident, and no fines were levied, but Nascar immediately re-worded their rule in the book to cover it. That was a much different "cheat" than what Chad was pulling this time.

Well it looks like im the only Tony fan on here and im not going to defend him on what he did. But i will say a few things on what happend. First off with only 20 laps into the race Matt got Tony loose and almost wrecked Tony. Matt even said in his interview after the race he tried to

get Tony loose. Then Jeff Gordon was the one making it 3 wide and going up into Tony when he wasen't clear of Tony. That was a racing deal and Tony even said that. Now with the whole Matt and Tony thing. I do think Tony did it somehwhat on purpose but his spotter did tell Tony he was clear low and as it turned out he wasen't. And Kyle Busch did the same thing to Tony that Tony did to Matt later on in the race so i guess Tony got what he deserved. But im still proud of Tony for being able to finish 5th after all of that.

Well it looks like im the only Tony fan on here and im not going to defend him on what he did.

Okay...all that other stuff aside, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Mr. Stewart who earlier in the week made the call for all drivers to keep their cool, and not drive so aggressively? Yet he's the first one to lose it, and drive over aggressively!!

But i will say a few things on what happend. First off with only 20 laps into the race Matt got Tony loose and almost wrecked Tony. Matt even said in his interview after the race he tried to get Tony loose.

Every driver does that by getting right up on their rear and taking the air off their spoiler. It does not mean intentionally hitting him.

Now with the whole Matt and Tony thing. I do think Tony did it somewhat on purpose but his spotter did tell Tony he was clear low and as it turned out he wasn't.

Who are his other spotters? Stevie Wonder and Ronnie Milsap?

But im still proud of Tony for being able to finish 5th after all of that.

He is an undeniably great racecar driver. That being said, he's also prone to having his "moments!" :rolleyes:

So...does anyone think that cooler head will prevail and tempers will be controlled this weekend in California?

I don't. I feel some folks will be hell bent on getting a little payback action. Of course it will "appear" as one of those racin' deals, but don't you believe it for a minute!

I think tempers will be fine this weekend. It was the Daytona 500 and everyone seems to get a little more mad during that race. Im sure Matt and Tony have talked and they have settled things. I just bet everyone is just happy to get back to real racing and as Tony said the "start" of the season.

I don't think so. Sure, they may have exchanged "nicities" or observed bumping into each other in the drivers lounge/snack room in front of the Coke Machine and split a cherry cola from a single straw, all the while acting like they were as tight buddies together as those two cowboys from Brokeback Mountain.

All that "we 're such good buddies" crap was all on the outside. Inside there is a far different and not so politically correct assortment of nefarious plans are being laid for the other! :devil2:

Im sure Matt and Tony have talked and they have settled things. I just bet everyone is just happy to get back to real racing and as Tony said the "start" of the season.

Are you so sure now? I bet not. Matt begs to differ here!