4th Round: Jonathan Luigs

ArmyBengal

The thing I've noticed about this year is we aren't reaching like we used to. I remember watching the last few drafts and being baffled along with the pundits at some of the Bengals' selections (like Jerome Simpson with a high second rounder). This has been the best draft in recent memory. I like everything I've read about our picks so far.

The thing I've noticed about this year is we aren't reaching like we used to. I remember watching the last few drafts and being baffled along with the pundits at some of the Bengals' selections (like Jerome Simpson with a high second rounder). This has been the best draft in recent memory. I like everything I've read about our picks so far.

the Raiders are having a Bengals type draft

Welcome to the Jungle Luigs now get your ass in the weight room and prepare for the north....Good value for our biggest position of need...just hope it pans out

the Raiders are having a Bengals type draft

Well I'd say their having a Raiders type draft where a fast 40 trumps all else.

Did someone Kill Mike Brown?

I cant frackin believe this ?

Did the coaches pusher get arrested ?

What the hell is going on ?

They finally got a C this is the guy that oppened all of those holes for Felix Jones and Darren McFadden.

Last year, before the combine , it was thought that he was coming out early and he would have been the top C taken at that time, had he came out.

I love this guy in the run game , he needs some work on pass protection.

He gave up 3 sacks graded out above 85% 86 knockdown blocks.

Great pick.

In my first mock, I had him as our pick at the top of the 2nd based upon the fact he is that big guy we need as well as being a highly rated Center from the year before as well. I'm not sold on his ability to hold off the massive NT's he will face in the AFCN, but I still like the pick. If you aren't sure if you are sold on him or not, ask yourself if you are happy thinking of him being the starter at the begining of the season. I'm not sure I'm there right now.

This is why I keep preaching BPA. Good teams let the draft come to them. Bad teams reach for need.

Nice pick/nice player...and smart as hell.

Funny thing though. I liked Luigs better than Caldwell who went much earlier. In fact, I had assumed it would be Caldwell who would be the last man standing at #106.

Even funnier, Chick Ludwig called this one about two months ago and since then repreatedly wrote about the Bengals preference for Luigs.

Who knew the Chickster actually had a source of insider info?

Whatever happen from now on - I'm golden. Really helped out our OL, which was the priority and had a huge piece of the defensive puzzle fall into our laps in rnd 2. Just awesome.

Best Bengals draft under Marvin by miles.

EDIT: We got Johnson too?

/thud

Who knew the Chickster actually had a source of insider info?

Blind Squirrel syndrome.

I like the pick. Caldwell would have been fine instead of Coffman. Taking a TE was not as critical as C. Several good TE's still there, not many good C's.

Though the way it is, I am still pleased.