1st Round: Andre Smith

ArmyBengal

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does this mean Levi is definitely gone and that the Bengals are ready to go into the season with Andre Smith and Anthony Collins as starting tackles? Or does this mean that the Bengals don't have as much faith in Collins and Levi will be starting opposite Andre Smith?

I still hope for a miracle trade where the Bengals unload Ochosucko for another first.

Get the boy a Willies Fat Burger Andre is coming to town!

He's also a player that will protect Palmer. I'm STOKED!!!

No doubt,people act like because he's big he can't pass block Willie Anderson was pretty good at pass blocking ^_^

pS,BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Raiders don't disappoint!

I cant frack'in believe it -- you have Eugene Monroe (the best LT in the draft) and you take Andre Smith??

It makes no sense.

Not when you have a million on questions A.Smith .

Not to mention his work ethic, you have to wonder why this guy does 19 reps of 225 when there are guys that did 30.

Plus, there are reports that the guy has weighed as much as 400 lbs.

Did we just draft another Jeremi Johnson, somebody that will eat themselves out of the game?

Dont get me wrong , I am happy that they got him and didnt over think it with some "best player avaliable" crap

But , they just passed on the best LT in the draft(Eugene Monroe), to draft the biggest question mark.

I dont think I saw anyone that didnt have Monroe the best LT in the draft , some would rate Jason Smith Higher because they felt that he had more upside, but you never saw Andre Smith ratted higher than Jason Smith or Eugene Monrow .

I think that what happened is , they started the draft thinking that there was no way of Monroe falling to them and started checking out Andre Smith and fell in love with him.

Oh well at least we have a LT.

Once the 1st rnd is over - when teams see that they were mot able to get a LTand what is left to choose from, I expect us to maybe get some offers on Leve Jones.

but it is unclear where they'll put Smith. He's viewed as a prototypical NFL right tackle in the Anderson mold, and while Jones' status is clouded by injury they do have another experienced left tackle. But it would involve moving Andrew Whitworth out of left guard.

I cant believe that they would even consider using a 1st rnd pick on a RT they, are a dime a dozen.

If I wanted a RT I would have traded down and drafted Phil Loadholt,who is the best RT in the draft.

I'm guessing Smith goes to RT and they let Collins/Levi compete for the LT job going into the season.

I'm not sure why they think Whit is such a good G, but whatever.

I don't understand your beef with Whitworth. If there's anything that eases my concerns about lining up Smith on the left side it's the idea of teaming him with Whitworth. Whit's practically a coach on the field and he's got a mean streak as wide as his back. In other words a perfect mentor.

typical bengals first rd. gaffe.

smith is a fat @ss with a a bra size that makes morganna jealous. monroe was the more solid pick at that point.

he'll spend a year or two as a turnstyle at LT before they move to G.

we essentially picked an overwieght, immature guard with the sixth pick of the draft.

hell, if you didn't like monroe at that pick you may as well took crabtree instead of some buffet wrecking, bust-in-waiting.

I continue to feel bad for carson palmer for being selected by mike brown.

get your season tix today, suckers...

I cant believe that they would even consider using a 1st rnd pick on a RT they, are a dime a dozen.

If I wanted a RT I would have traded down and drafted Phil Loadholt,who is the best RT in the draft.

Correction: The guy you'd draft as a RT is a dime a dozen and will never be more than that. Ever. Meanwhile, Andre Smith could immediately step into the RT spot and make everyone forget Willie Anderson ever played a down. And yeah, that's exactly what they hope they do.

That said, I'm a little bit worried about Smith's paycheck being the deciding factor.

smith is a fat @ss with a a bra size that makes morganna jealous. monroe was the more solid pick at that point.

we essentially picked an overwieght, immature guard with the sixth pick of the draft.

hell, if you didn't like monroe at that pick you may as well took crabtree instead of some buffet wrecking, bust-in-waiting.

C'mon JJ, you'll have to better than the above if you're trying to win the award for the dumbest thing said today.

C'mon JJ, you'll have to better than the above if you're trying to win the award for the dumbest thing said today.

I'm ready to give him the award right now! :rolleyes: