Carson trashes Coach Tressel and Ohio State !

ratmandu

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was not said tongue in cheek and makes me think a whole lot less of him !

Yeah, it's pretty bad when you back up your alma mater and want them to kick butt in a highly anticipated game. Just because you come to Ohio to play professional football doesn't mean that you have to like every one of the college teams in the state of Ohio.

Let's think of it from a different perspective. Let's say that A.J. Hawk is being interviewed by a Columbus radio station about an upcoming OSU-Wisconsin matchup. Just because he's playing for Green Bay, do you think he's going to say a bunch of nice things about the Badgers? Hell no!

This was exactly what Carson was doing. He was having some fun and not backing down in his love for the Trojans and apparent disdain for Buckeye land. If you're not a fan of OSU and you live in Ohio, Buckeye fans tend to be pretty annoying. As are University of Kentucky basketball fans when you live in Central Kentucky.

I'm a huge Buckeye fan... and OSU fans even annoy me. It should come as no surprise that Carson isn't a Buckeye fan. I moved to Indiana about 10 years ago. Was it a requirement that I start pulling for Notre Dame? Nope... and I loved every minute of watching the Buckeyes stomp them and then hearing 7 months of excuses. Why should Carson be different? He's a Bengal. He doesn't have to embrace every single thing that the majority of Bengal fans embrace. He came from USC... and he has to listen to annoying Buckeye fans on a daily basis living in Ohio. I'd hate Ohio State too. But as it is... I just hate Notre Dame.

Carson trashes Tressel and Ohio State

I really feel sorry for him that he "HAS TO LIVE IN OHIO RIGHT NOW" !!!

No need to be so precious about it. He didn't say he's sorry to he has to live in Ohio. He said he's sorry he has to live in Ohio and listen to all the Buckeye fans. With this kind of spin and indignation you should have your own program on Fox News.

Plus, why the hell should he like OSU or their fans? He's a Trojan and proud of that fact. This has nothing to do with the Bengals or the fine State of Ohio in general.

LMAO! :lol:

Ah, so you see now that he is such a god damned tool.

Here are a couple quotes for ya to nurse.

I cannot stand the Buckeyes.

It’s amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and Tressel and all the crap I gotta put up with being back there.

I just can’t wait for two years from now when SC comes to the ‘Shoe and hopefully we’ll have a home game that weekend and I can go up there and watch us pound on them in their own turf.

(You know when we lose 80% of our starting roster to graduation/NFL)

Also he didn't have the balls to say that in Cincy, this was all said on an L.A. radio show.

f**king tool.

It’s amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and Tressel and all the crap I gotta put up with being back there.

I just can’t wait for two years from now when SC comes to the ‘Shoe and hopefully we’ll have a home game that weekend and I can go up there and watch us pound on them in their own turf.

Also he didn't have the balls to say that in Cincy, this was all said on an L.A. radio show.

f**king tool.

He is a tool for supporting the team he led as a QB during his college years?

It is a case of circumstance and environment. If I grew up in Califronia (thank God that is not true) I probably would be either a Trojan or Bruin fan and would probably dislike OSU just like I dislike Texas or Oklahoma as it is. Teams that consistently have good records are despised by fans of other teams that are regularly ranked close to them in the polls.

It is sad that you are not able to seperate your dislike for the Bengals and a very talented NFL QB's support for his college Alma-Mater. When Michigan plays OSU in the next big game and Edwards is supporting the Maze and Blue while he is being interviewed by the Michigan press, will he also be a tool?

My evaluation of your post points to you being the tool, not Carson.

Look, as a Buckeye fan stranded in SEC country, I cannot tell you the hell that these last two end-of-the-year games have been. Let's just say, fifth circle of Dante's levels of sport fan hell.

Which is to say, to my fellow OSU zealots, a wider-angle perspective might be in order here. Let's get OSU to win the end game that matters at some point, before panty-bunching over the fact that professional athletes who play for the Bengals retain a loyalty to their college.

Jeebus.

Seems like a pretty normal response for a USC Alum to have. I would respect him less if he caved.

Exactly, the guy went to USC, and he will be a Trojan for the rest of his life. What do you expect him to do, disown his alma mater just because he works in another state with a strong college football following? I would think less of him if he said he was a Buckeye fan. You don't turn you back on your school.

Carson trashes Tressel and Ohio State

I really feel sorry for him that he "HAS TO LIVE IN OHIO RIGHT NOW" !!!

No need to be so precious about it. He didn't say he's sorry to he has to live in Ohio. He said he's sorry he has to live in Ohio and listen to all the Buckeye fans. With this kind of spin and indignation you should have your own program on Fox News.

Plus, why the hell should he like OSU or their fans? He's a Trojan and proud of that fact. This has nothing to do with the Bengals or the fine State of Ohio in general.

Exactly!!!! I love Carson and I love my Buckeyes... BFD if he likes them.... Carson is still the man and so is Tressel.. I can't believe this everywhere...

Seems like a pretty normal response for a USC Alum to have. I would respect him less if he caved.

Exactly, the guy went to USC, and he will be a Trojan for the rest of his life. What do you expect him to do, disown his alma mater just because he works in another state with a strong college football following? I would think less of him if he said he was a Buckeye fan. You don't turn you back on your school.

He had no right trashing OSU.

The OSU fans maybe but certainly not a football program that he has never been involved with in any way,shape or form.

But he most certainly crossed the line in trashing Tressel !!!

He knows absolutely nothing what-so-ever about Coach Tressel either as a coach or as a person !!!

And, he is trashing OSU and Jim Tressel and not Pete Carroll and the ever so clean and pure USC (Reggie Bush,Matt Linhert & etc.......) football team ???

Please !

f**king tool.

He is a tool for supporting the team he led as a QB during his college years?

It is a case of circumstance and environment. If I grew up in Califronia (thank God that is not true) I probably would be either a Trojan or Bruin fan and would probably dislike OSU just like I dislike Texas or Oklahoma as it is. Teams that consistently have good records are despised by fans of other teams that are regularly ranked close to them in the polls.

It is sad that you are not able to seperate your dislike for the Bengals and a very talented NFL QB's support for his college Alma-Mater. When Michigan plays OSU in the next big game and Edwards is supporting the Maze and Blue while he is being interviewed by the Michigan press, will he also be a tool?

My evaluation of your post points to you being the tool, not Carson.

No it makes him a tool because he has no reason to bash them. How the hell would he even know what he is talking about? Did he even play them?

If I heard Braylon talk down to OSU I would think the same, just shut up and play something he has no business in. However Braylon has way more experience with the Buckeyes and their fans. Braylon has played them multiple times, Carson has not.

This is not a matter of supporting his team, this is a matter of running your mouth when there is NO need.

He is coming down with a CJ syndrome, talking about things he has no business in. Just shut up and play.

He had no right trashing OSU.

The OSU fans maybe but certainly not a football program that he has never been involved with in any way,shape or form.

But he most certainly crossed the line in trashing Tressel !!!

He knows absolutely nothing what-so-ever about Coach Tressel either as a coach or as a person !!!

And, he is trashing OSU and Jim Tressel and not Pete Carroll and the ever so clean and pure USC (Reggie Bush,Matt Linhert & etc.......) football team ???

Please !

There isn't a single High profile college team that doesn't cross or blur the line. Fact is, Tressel has only won one championship while he has been at Ohio State and he did so with Clarrett at RB. Clarrett who turned out to be about as dumb as Chris Henry with the Bengals, yet while at Ohio State for his only year, he was an academic All-American! Say what!?!? How in the hell can Clarrett possibly pull that one off without some "help?"

Clarrett who turned out to be about as dumb as Chris Henry with the Bengals, yet while at Ohio State for his only year, he was an academic All-American! Say what!?!? How in the hell can Clarrett possibly pull that one off without some "help?"

Maurice Clarrett is far from stupid. He was an excellent student in high school, scored highly on both college aptitude tests, and performed well academically his freshman year at OSU. Also, Steve Mariucci said that of all the players he put on the board during his many years at the NFL Combine, Maurice Clarrett was the brightest.

Clarrett who turned out to be about as dumb as Chris Henry with the Bengals, yet while at Ohio State for his only year, he was an academic All-American! Say what!?!? How in the hell can Clarrett possibly pull that one off without some "help?"

Maurice Clarrett is far from stupid. He was an excellent student in high school, scored highly on both college aptitude tests, and performed well academically his freshman year at OSU. Also, Steve Mariucci said that of all the players he put on the board during his many years at the NFL Combine, Maurice Clarrett was the brightest.

IMHO he may have been "book smart" and physically talented, but Clarrett obviously lacked common sense. He, like many NFL players before him and many that have followed, have squandered a golden opportunity that any of us here could only dream of.

Ok, seriously, how stupid do you have to be to read into this anymore than for what it is ??

#1. Carson went to USC and if you weren't aware, the two schools don't care for each other.

#2. It was said during an interview with an LA radio station. (See playing to the hometown)

#3. Who cares what he says about the Buckeyes, he plays for the Bengals ??

Would you expect Tom Brady to have nice things to say about the Buckeyes if HE played for the Bengals ?? If you are really that thinned skinned about what a pro football player, supporting his alma mater, has to say about a team that has nothing to do with his current position, then feel free to go support the Browns or Steelers.

Is this really what gets people all stirred up ?? I would think people would be more concerned about how he's going to work with the offense during the upcoming camps then get wrapped up in this media crap. Get over yourselves already. I'm a HUGE OSU fan, but can be realistic about this...

WHODEY !!!