So What is the official draft pick number?

scott91575

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tied with Denver, Buffalo, Carolina, New Orleans, Detroit, and Chicago. The Bengal's strength of schedule seems pretty high (playing NE does not help). Anybody have an idea where the teams land (assuming tonight's game is not that big of a deciding factor).

I think Hoosier researched it at "9". I trust his math.

Yeah, it looks like 9. Here's the draft order going into the weekend:

http://www.ourlads.com/draftsequence.cfm

All the 6-9 teams, including the Bengals, won. SF lost so they finish 5-11 and stay ahead. Arizona won, and they were the only 7-8 team who won the tiebreaker against the Bengals. Detroit, Buff and NO also end up 7-9 but we should win the tiebreaker against all of them.

The league standings that you just posted are just all of the 7-9 teams in alphabetical order. We are the no 9 pick because we have the worst strength of schedule of all the 7-9 teams (playing Miami this week helps too). After strength of schedule they go to division then conference records, then it is a coin flip. The only teams with worse SOS than us are the Cards, Seahawks, and one other team that doesnt factor in here. Bottom line we get 9, the best pick a 7-9 team can have.

Not Bad...considering theres 6 other 7-9 teams!

The league standings that you just posted are just all of the 7-9 teams in alphabetical order. We are the no 9 pick because we have the worst strength of schedule of all the 7-9 teams (playing Miami this week helps too). After strength of schedule they go to division then conference records, then it is a coin flip. The only teams with worse SOS than us are the Cards, Seahawks, and one other team that doesnt factor in here. Bottom line we get 9, the best pick a 7-9 team can have.

I didn't notice that it was in alpha order. But I'll take it!

No. 10 pick would be good. The other interesting scenario is that pick is high enough that it has significant trade value should they decide to move down a little. Getting an extra second or third might not be bad if they end up getting the guy they want anyway.

I didn't notice that it was in alpha order. But I'll take it!

No. 10 pick would be good. The other interesting scenario is that pick is high enough that it has significant trade value should they decide to move down a little. Getting an extra second or third might not be bad if they end up getting the guy they want anyway.

Well, guess this means the Cleveland win was good. Didn't hurt draft status that much (does hurt 2nd and later rounds).

How great is that for the Bengals to still end up in the top ten considering all the 7-9 teams ?? I'm completely STOKED !!! My next question is, how does that work for the following rounds ?? Do we stay at that position among the 7-8 teams or does it move between the 7-9 teams ?? For some reason I was thinking it moved... Anyway, this just made my day sitting at #9. Marvin and company need to make their "changes" quickly so they can start planning for this draft. Especially considering the probability of getting additional comp picks !!! I'm freakin' way happy about this !!!

WHODEY !!!

yeah, with a top ten pick we can definitely make some moves......

That also means we'll be picking in the upper half of the other rounds too, right?

We've got about 10 picks to work with........and dumb as this sounds, I'm excited already!

Bring on the draft publications!!

The good news (or as good as you can get with a 7-9 record) is that in Round 1 we pick 9th

In Round 2 we pick 15. (That would be the 46th player since New England forfeited their No. 1.)

That also means we'll be picking in the upper half of the other rounds too, right?

Yes, we'll be picking 9th in each round and don't forget, the Pats have no 32nd pic (or wherever they end up) because of the taping scandal. So it'a like picking 8th in the 2nd round. :P

We've got about 10 picks to work with........and dumb as this sounds, I'm excited already!

I believe we have 11 picks this year but don't quote me on that. Somebody on here more familiar with the draft than me will know for sure. ;)

I argued for a WR last year in round 1, and this team could have used it.

I will argue for it to be considered again in the early rounds this year. The team could still use it.

Call me a moron all you want, but it would have made some sense.