ESPN Broadcast Complaint form

falconfancincy

Was it any worse than usual?? Seriously, you guys just aren't in mid-season form -- ESPN's coverage is always a joke. Most whince-inducing lowlight -- that uniquely stupid "tony, toni, tone" bit. I can't even remember the question -- something like "is Chad Johnson mean?" I mean, I get they're trying to market to women or effeminate heterosexuals who don't like football or something like that, but what demographic likes dumba$$ stuff like that?? Mind boggling.

Was it any worse than usual?? Seriously, you guys just aren't in mid-season form -- ESPN's coverage is always a joke.

Yeah, it is, but at least there's usually coverage. Of the game, I mean. Y'know, down and distance...penalty...if someone gets hurt...if there's a score....little stuff like that.

Instead we got wall-to-wall Vick. Dunn was out for a while? Graham hurt? You'd barely know it. No mention of Levi coming in for his first action, you think that (or his gingerly limping off after a play, h/t kirk over at cincyjungle.com) would be notable. In fact no real discussion of the game or either team, just Vick this and Vick that. Even for ESPN, that's lousy.

First thing I did this morning was send an email to ESPN.

I had to finally mute the TV.....and resort to listening to 92.5 The Fox via the web. I hate doing that, because Lap and Johansen can go off into their own little world too and the delay is not great either.

We all know it is a huge story........but to devote the whole entire broadcast to this situation was uncalled for. They are there to call the game, not give their 2 cents every 2 seconds! SHEEESH! Save it for Sportscenter.

My favorite part was when they had the editorial woman from the Atlanta newspaper. They went to the small itty bitty game screen where you could hardly make out the players so we could not only hear the non-football fan editor talk, but be forced to watch her as well. Having to listen to her is bad enough, but was there any reason on earth why we couldn't have watched the game on a full screen while it happened?

Was it any worse than usual?? Seriously, you guys just aren't in mid-season form -- ESPN's coverage is always a joke. Most whince-inducing lowlight -- that uniquely stupid "tony, toni, tone" bit. I can't even remember the question -- something like "is Chad Johnson mean?" I mean, I get they're trying to market to women or effeminate heterosexuals who don't like football or something like that, but what demographic likes dumba$$ stuff like that?? Mind boggling.

Yes, it was worse than usual. Take ESPN's usual inane coverage. Now, make it even dumber. Then, make it completely repetitive with regard to the news of the last month. Finally, make it completely unrelated to the game.

So that's pretty bad, but you can just mute the morons and watch the game, right? No can do. They actually did a damned split screen where the area devoted to the actual game was about 1/5 of the overall area of my TV. I have a 50" plasma and I had to get up and stand in front of the damned thing to watch the actual game.

It's hard to get your head around - I wouldn't have believed it had I not watched it - but the game last night actually wins for worst MNF broadcast ever, edging out the quarter-long Matthew McCaughnehey interview from last year.

I think ESPN has basically said, we could have Scott Hamilton and Brian Boitano announce the game, do an episode of the View at the same time the game is going on, and men will still watch the game. I think they take us for granted, they're trying to get our wives to watch.

My favorite part was when they had the editorial woman from the Atlanta newspaper. They went to the small itty bitty game screen where you could hardly make out the players so we could not only hear the non-football fan editor talk, but be forced to watch her as well. Having to listen to her is bad enough, but was there any reason on earth why we couldn't have watched the game on a full screen while it happened?

Especially when she admitted that SHE WASN'T A FOOTBALL FAN! Why was she on a freaking football broadcast?????

Especially when she admitted that SHE WASN'T A FOOTBALL FAN! Why was she on a freaking football broadcast?????

Because ESPN is becoming to sports what MTV is to music. Did you catch that completely retarded 'who's now?' crap they had on over the summer? Yeah, let's have a popularity contest in the form of a bracket. How junior high is that?

I think it all started with the ESPYs. Seriously, we need an awards show for sports? We're men - we don't watch awards shows!!! I hereby declare the advent of the ESPYs to be ESPN's 'jump the shark' moment.

I think it's time for another network to start a new all-sports (and I mean all SPORTS) news show, with none of the human-interest crap.

I thought it was even worse when they invited a lawyer into the booth to comment on the Vick situation for what seemed like ten minutes. If you have to discuss the situation ad nauseum then do so, but why do I have to watch four men in suits have a conversation when there's a football game playing?

BTW, my wife walked into the room while they were on and wondered what was going on. I answered that they were four pallbearers trying to determine which casket handle to grab.

That broadcast was thee worst ever. The frustration almost made me break my TV. Among other things that were stated already, what really pissed me off was Chris Mortenson 10 minute soliloquy on the Vick situation during the game wtf!? How many f**kin times can you rehash the same information over and over and over again! I don't give a f**ck about what Vick's going to be doing 3 years from now. Fok!

Seriously, I feel sorry for Falcons fan. I would rip my hair out if I had to hear about this s**t every f**kin game. That broadcast was a disgrace. Michael Vick is not bigger than all of the players on the Flacons and Bengals but by listening to that broadcast you would think so.....I could go on, but it would be wasted words...............thanks for the link.

ESPN has to know that it's time to move on. How many times can you beat a dead horse? It's not fair to the Falcons nor the teams they play. Next time Vick should be mentioned is Dec. 10 for his sentence. Everything else being said is just speculation and waste of time.

Just found this gem:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/h...-MNF-Vick_N.htm

The quotes from the producer are classics:

Monday night's game coverage, says Rothman, will include news reports from Chris Mortensen, local reaction with Atlanta writer Cynthia Tucker as well as ESPN legal analyst David Cornwell dropping by the MNF booth — "and we'll be all over with cameras."

Rothman says ESPN is trying to get interviews with Vick, Atlanta team owner Arthur Blank and team GM Rich McKay: "I'd put them in the booth in a second."

Yeah, you accomplished that, allright. You had cameras everywhere except on the damned game. Moron.

Now if only Disney will put him in charge of something OTHER THAN FOOTBALL, I'm sure it will work out fine. The other thing that irritates me is that they'll probably view the protests from people like us as 'controversy' which is 'good for ratings'. It will be a distinction lost on them that we're not getting riled up in the Vick issue itself, but rather that it's taking over the game.