Andy Dalton Holding Back Would-Be Contender

ShulaSteakhouse

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Smith goes out today and manages the game to get the Chiefs to a win and 6-0 on the season.

14 of 31 with no TD's or INT's and a QB rating of 56.9.

Dalton goes out and goes 26 of 40 with 3 TD's and an INT with a QB rating of 105.9.

If Dalton were to win a game with those stats, even if they were 6-0, he would get crucified.

Alex Smith goes out today and manages the game to get the Chiefs to a win and 6-0 on the season.

14 of 31 with no TD's or INT's and a QB rating of 56.9.

Dalton goes out and goes 26 of 40 with 3 TD's and an INT with a QB rating of 105.9.

If Dalton were to win a game with those stats, even if they were 6-0, he would get crucified.

I mean, Andy completed 9 passes behind the line of scrimmage for 151 yards. He also had 249 YAC from his receivers. He definitely didn't play as bad as he had been, but he wasn't amazing as the numbers indicate either. Finally a gameplan that worked to his strengths.

Marvin today, via Lindsay Patterson's twitter:

Marvin on Andy Dalton: "I don't think his predecessor won these kind of games." @espn1530

:lol:/>

Holy s**t. He's right but it's you don't usually hear a coach do this. Palmer would have pick sixed his way to a capital L.

You know, what exactly is a QB worth these days? I don't think we'd get much argument around here that Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and (it pains me to say it) Ben Rothlisberger are franchise QBs while Andy Dalton is not. Neither are Brian Hoyer or Thad Lewis yet we won the three games aforementioned, lost to Hoyer and played Lewis to a draw. I think we're learning that a QB is not worth much more than other things like turnovers, good line play etc. The only exception to this is Peyton.

What Quarterback Truly Developed faster then Dalton,I know it's becoming franchise QB league but those biggest Franchise QB's didn't start producing elite numbers Until later in their career.

Drew Brees was in his 8th season when he had much much better year then Daltons Second

Payton Manning had good his his 3rd then his Elite year his 7th

Tom Brady was in his 8th year before he started producing Elite numbers yes he had 3 Superbowl wins but how much of that was his Defense,Special teams & Belicheat?

Flacco? He's yet to throw over 25 Touchdowns Tons post season success but how much of that was truly on his ability?

Big Ben? they lose when he throws more win when he throws under 20 times a game

Aaron Rodgers seem come along faster but again 7th year when he was started having his elite years.

Not Saying Dalton will ever be as good as these guys just saying they were given plenty of time "shrug"

You know, what exactly is a QB worth these days? I don't think we'd get much argument around here that Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady and (it pains me to say it) Ben Rothlisberger are franchise QBs while Andy Dalton is not. Neither are Brian Hoyer or Thad Lewis yet we won the three games aforementioned, lost to Hoyer and played Lewis to a draw. I think we're learning that a QB is not worth much more than other things like turnovers, good line play etc. The only exception to this is Peyton.

Peyton is a mutant, no doubt about it. But excepting him, I just think the whole "franchise QB" concept is overblown. A lot goes into making a QB successful, and as we've seen this year in New England and Pitt and Baltimore, take away their weapons and suddenly they are mortal. The last two SB winners weren't even that special in the regular season, they just got hot in the playoffs.

This offense is young. And Bengal fans are impatient. Including me. The next four games should start to tell us some things. They just won their first road game in a five-game swing in which they will play four on the road. If they can at least split the next four then they'll be set for a run to the postseason.

What Quarterback Truly Developed faster then Dalton,I know it's becoming franchise QB league but those biggest Franchise QB's didn't start producing elite numbers Until later in their career.

Drew Brees was in his 8th season when he had much much better year then Daltons Second

Payton Manning had good his his 3rd then his Elite year his 7th

Tom Brady was in his 8th year before he started producing Elite numbers yes he had 3 Superbowl wins but how much of that was his Defense,Special teams & Belicheat?

Flacco? He's yet to throw over 25 Touchdowns Tons post season success but how much of that was truly on his ability?

Big Ben? they lose when he throws more win when he throws under 20 times a game

Aaron Rodgers seem come along faster but again 7th year when he was started having his elite years.

Not Saying Dalton will ever be as good as these guys just saying they were given plenty of time "shrug"

If you want to look at just stats then Dalton has to improve his game just so he can reach the level of Chad Pennington. Pennington had a QB rating of over 90 for his career and Dalton hasn't reached that yet

QBs don't have to be great, they just can't be bad, ie turnover prone or wrong reads. After watching the bills game I've forgotten the browns game and I'm on the Andy bandwagon. But I got a seat right on the edge so I can jump off at the first sign of trouble. Taking Brady fan Hoosier with me.

Can anyone name a QB that took his team to playoffs his 1st 3 seasons in the NFL (I believe they'll make it this year as well)? Not a guy that sat on the bench. A guy that started as a rookie and did it each year. That is UNHEARD of. I truly believe the media is so busy blowing Cam,Kapernick,RG3 and missed with the rankings of the 2011 draft. Gabbert, Ponder, Locker. That if Dalton does well they all look bad.

He has more wins

Higher ratings

More TD passes

Higher completetion percentage.

than all of them

He took over a 4-12 team. It is RIDICULOUS to be anything but grateful to have him as our QB.

Yeah, I was going to say Flacco as well.

Many people are saying Dalton is getting the same treatment Flacco got his first years in.

Only difference is that Flacco has won playoff games where Dalton has not.

I think the Bengals are in fact headed back to the playoffs this year, but they need to reverse that one and done trend they have going on.

Dalton's up for the "Never Say Never" award?

I'm not laying low in this discussion, but I don't want to be a boor either. Andy's never been the kind of QB that engineers 4th quarter comebacks, particularly against good defenses. And that hasn't changed this year. When Bengals swing a positive change in game momentum, it's usually due to the defense. Last week, the big momentum changer came from return teams

Andy "NeverSayNever" Dalton?